Willis Towers Watson
62Average

Willis Towers Watson Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Competitive Environment
Temps had a competitive work environment. Felt led on at times about the opportunities available for those of us in temporary positions, unfortunately.
Workplace
Starting working with this company threw a staffing agency the pay was great!!!! The staff were very friendly and the commute to and from work was far
Difficult colleagues
I was working there as a contractor. Some of them did not have respect to us. I was a bad experience working over there. Luckily I got a Job at DOT and love this place and work here until I retire but unfortunately, there is no room for promotion that is the only reason I'm looking for another so that I can grow and learn more and more.
Modern workplace
Workplace is an open setting and designed with a modern look.

The company supports and understands the need to enjoy a work/life balance.

I enjoyed working with my team during my time there.
A flexible work environment with a focus on employee education
At Willis Towers Watson I felt like my knowledge and education was a priority. The company puts a strong emphasis on training employees and giving them the time necessary to achieve certifications.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Strong company culture. Colleagues work as one team
I am proud to say I worked for Willis Towers Watson for more than 10 years and am honored to still have some good friends from there. My team and I were able to provide outstanding support to the HRBPs in the North America as well as contingency global support. Everyone genuinely cared about each other personally and worked together as a team. Additionally, the tasks were personally challenging and matched my career goals. I don't really see any harder part of my work as everyone was ready to cross train peer when needed. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I was training new team member. I felt like I was contributing to someone's career and giving back what was given to me.
good company to work for
Company offered incentives to living will programs. i enjoyed a lot of these programs. Good 401k match and other benefits plans. It is a collaborative and multicultural work environment.
Poor Work/Life Balance - "Pass the buck" mentality
The workplace culture is militant in this job. There is hardly any work/life balance implemented in this position. You are reprimanded for being 2 min late.
Fast-paced, employee-focused environment
Willis Towers Watson is a employee-focused company, given its background as an HR consulting firm. The benefits are excellent, and the work environment is both flexible and engaging.
typical corporate consulting culture
WTW is your typical consulting firm. Stressful billable hours based culture on the consulting side. More relaxed productivity based culture on the corporate side.
Fast paced, hard working environment
Good company overall. You need to be in charge of you. Set boundaries that accommodate your work-life balance, but still allow you to put in some extra work when it's needed. Negotiate your salary before accepting a position. As the reward structure is not super flexible to bend for special cases. There can be a lot of opportunities if you are motivated for additional challenges. Those opportunities don't come with reward - the reward comes later.
Pros
Alternate work arrangements, great people, interesting work
Cons
Work load can become overwhelming if you don't advocate for yourself
Not my Cup of Tea
Its not a great place to work if your an introvert. And its not very "diverse" at my DC/VA location if you know what I mean. :-/

Good pay though.
Pros
the money
Cons
environment, management
Towers Watson Review
Wonderful company with excellent compensation and benefit packages. Exposure to Fortune 1000 client base with great exposure to thought leaders in the area of executive compensation.
Very Diverse workplace
Working for the Risk and Financial Services department was fun and rewarding. I was extremely happy to become involved in the invoice of client needs once services were rendered. Oracle database was the driving force of our billing concepts.

The Most rewarding part of the job was working with a wonderful group of people worldwide.
Awesome, productive company that always put learning first.
I had the opportunity to be employed by this great company for nearly 5 years. The culture, standards and building itself are all 5 start. My employment ended unfortunately, due to a merger and subsequent bout of layoffs. I would definitely work here again. I have only good things to say about Towers Watson. The knowledge and relationships that I gained here are priceless.
Invests in Associates
TW invests in their associates and believe in developing their talent. Collaboration with colleagues is highly valued. Work/Life balance is a focus, but can be difficult during times with tight deadlines.