Willow Valley Communities
62Average

Willow Valley Communities Employee Reviews

United States116 reviews
I just need more money and hours to feed my family the company hasn't helped me do that it's a pretty good place to work I just feel as though they don't give enough hours
At willow valley communities the best part of the work day is serving our residents. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Willow valley strives to make the residents feel comfortable and happy.
June 17, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences. We appreciate all of our dedicated Team Members and the impact you have on our Residents.
No just want to read it and let everyone know that job is wonderful the people are good and you get to meet lots and lots of different people yep that's it
Worked at Willow Valley for several years, enjoyed every minute working there. If not for family issues I would have stayed there doing what I loved. Helping people in solving problems.
February 24, 2020
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at Willow Valley Communities. You, like so many others at Willow Valley are what makes Willow Valley Communities able to live out it's Mission of inspiring each person to embrace the possibilities of a LIFE LIVED FORWARD. Thank you for your dedicated service to Willow Valley and its Residents.
It had its ups and down. The slow people get praised while the hard workers get nothing . They cover up the real issues and shut out anyone that tries to let them know what’s wrong. Could be a great place to work if they cared enough about the employees
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
Management, overall environment
February 10, 2020
We’re sorry to hear that you have had this experience. We take your comments seriously. Bringing this to light is the only way to create a path to working through your concerns. We’d like to learn more. Please call and speak to our HR department: 717-464-2741.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Worked at this job throughout my pregnancy. Everybody was very nice and supportive. I would definitely work there again if I had the opportunity. I recommend this job.
February 10, 2020
Residents and family members become like family and most are extremely appreciative which is very gratifying. The pay leaves a lot to be desired. The scoop and responsibilities of my position have grown exponentially over the years and my pay had been nearly stagnate. A disgruntled coworker who wad with the company for less than 2 years informed me of her recent wage increase and it was more than mine after dedicated years of service.
The odds a difference between appreciation and vanishing. I know I am appreciated by WV but I also know I am not valued. waincrease
They need cna's but would not take me back after working for them for 12 years because i could not start at 6:30 cause my daughters daycare only opens at that time
December 31, 2019
While Willow Valley Communities tries to be as flexible with scheduling as possible there is also consistency of care to our residents. Unfortunately if we have team members starting at all different times it can be very difficult in nursing to maintain the consistent care that our residents are expecting. We are sorry that this schedule did not work out for your needs.
First off, I would recommend that they don't lie to their employees about their benefits, they're petty and dishonest. My main issue is, that even its Resort for people to keep their families, they don't really care too much about the employee's own family. Such as no time off given for a death in the close family. I find that absolutely abhorrent. Actually, someone got fired on the spot for requesting that time off. I've never seen that before in any of the other places I worked. They would simply let them go and come back when they felt ready. I believe they call it a bereavement period? Well it's obviously something that they don't practice, or at least in earnest. Because they don't respect the employee, in that sense I wouldn't consider anybody working there.
November 29, 2019
In circumstances such as this, we empathize and strive to accommodate Team Member as we attempted to do in this unfortunate situation. Unfortunately in this particular situation it was not resolved to the satisfaction of all involved. Once again we deeply regret the Team Members loss and express our condolences to them and their family.
Senior management is supportive and collaborative in efforts to excel in wellness. The culture at Willow valley Communities is to treat others as you would like to be treated. Our goal is to enhance a wonderful experience for each resident every day.
November 25, 2019
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Willow Valley Communities?
Unless you are part of a "group" you are ousted. Most co-workers are shady and sneeky. I'll get you before you get me attitude. You only speak to the mgr when things are wrong then excuses are made to go against you. It's better to cry and whine so you are treated better. Or when your co-workers sleep together and date. Favoritism should be the motto.
November 19, 2019
We’re sorry to learn of your experiences. We do care and would like to learn more to correct your situation. If you are unable to speak with your team leader, please call our HR department at 717-464- 2741
There are excellent benefits, positive friendly caring work environment, many opportunities for growth, they treat their Team Members very well, excellent education opportunities available. A culture of wellness, high standards and values.
Pros
Discounted lunches, company picnics, holiday dinners, friendly atmosphere
Cons
struggle to get applicants
November 19, 2019
I have worked here many years. I have an outstanding team who are very compassionate and you never have to second guess that they did there job. Overall I like the management, I do think communication could improve. I think they could greet the people they are supervising rather than walk by them like they don’t exist. I have had a few opportunities I am grateful for but they never really led me to an advancement or higher pay.
Pros
Great team, residents and pay was increased a few years back finally.
Cons
Follow through, communication
November 19, 2019
Thanks for your review. We appreciate hearing about your experiences. Please feel free to contact our Human Resources Department if you'd like to discuss further. 717-464-2741
I was a dishwasher at willow valley, extremely underpaid for the work that's required. Was a dirty job, very messy and fast paced. Started at $8.00/hr, not worth getting dirty and coming home smelling like food and being stressed cause you have to finish before 9 or else you'll stay late.
September 27, 2019
We are sorry to hear that you had this experience. You must have started at Willow Valley Communities a while ago since our starting rate for dishwasher hasn't been $8 for quite some time. While we know that dishwashing is not the most exciting position at Willow Valley Communities, it is a very important position at Willow Valley Communities and is greatly appreciated by all. Our dishwashers dedication to sanitation is what keeps our residents healthy. While we understand it not the right job for everyone we appreciate the service you provided to our Residents and wish you well in your future endeavors.
Management is terrible, to many clicks amongst staff. Nurse manager holds noone accountable, I did the job of all 3 shifts, I worked my asss off only to be told I'm intimidating, because I want good care for the residents. Would not reccomend. Much happier at my new job.
September 27, 2019
The residents at willow valley are amazing they’re so loving & caring about what goes on in your daily life, if you need a shoulder they’re always there to lean on. The employees are just as great .
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No break short hours
September 3, 2019
It’s a good job wanting to do more you know but to be able to do more you need to have some level of experience and I’m whipping to do anything for the experience
Nurse manager was always looking to get people in trouble, instead of helping. Dayshift nurses great. Managment not so great. If you had a family problem and need days off, forget it. Not very understanding.
June 28, 2019
Working at this job wasnt bad, but the extremely rilude pushy and overbearing manager made my life a nightmare. Did not get paid enough to deal with her at all. She would literally stalk her employees throughout the building to make sure they were working.. she played favorites with all the people who worked there and covered for the lazy ones. People got wrote up for things they didnt do and it was always when she had personal things going on at home she would take it out on us. And usually fake write ups would happen conveniently right before someone was due for their annual review so that she wouldn't have to give raises. After my first year I literally got a 15 cent raise. This is a terrible place to work and it has nothing to do with the residents or the work, the problems come from management.
Pros
Reasonable benefits
Cons
Understaffed with extreme expectations and lazy management
June 28, 2019
I work in health care and love what I do. However, it's not what it use to be as of the last couple of years. People that are I'm care positions sit endlessly as call bells and residents needs are not met. Family members even stand at door ways and see people sitting as the hard workers run endlessly to try and pick up slack. When something is said the slackers call u the bully. You're picking on them and you get in trouble. Allowing this to be an endless cycle. Management is unfair and if they don't like you exclude you from certain things that they may do and falsely accuse you of things they say you do and write you up.
June 28, 2019
Most of the staff here is young adults (high school to college age) The kitchen/dining serices are a fast paced and fun environment. Hours are very flexible for student needs
March 22, 2019
We're happy to hear that you found your experience rewarding. Thank you for sharing.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Willow Valley Communities. Our community is ready to answer.