Willow Valley Communities Employee Reviews

Part time working above full time hours
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Willow Street, PAMarch 17, 2019
I worked as a LPN. Worked 50 plus hours a week but was considered part time because "no full time available". Worked split shifts 7am-9pm most days. Management would so "do not come to work if sick, fever etc" then write you up if you called out even if you had medical excuse verifying illness. Management had favorites. Pay was horrible..lowest in lancaster county. In order to get time off on a weekend you had to find own coverage even if it was months in advance. Would not recommend at all.
Pros
Enjoyed residents and their families. They appreciated hard work
Cons
Pay, management
March 19, 2019

We’re sorry to hear that you have had this experience. We take your comments seriously. Bringing this to light is the only way to create a path to working through your concerns. We’d like to learn more. Please call and speak to our HR department: 717-464-2741.

Interactive with team members and residents
Server/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 3, 2019
There is a lot of room to grow with in the company. Interact with team members and residents. The team members work good through out all the departments. There is always someone to help. The upper management is always there to listen and help in any way. You can always go to the managers. There is more than one manager in every department.
March 7, 2019

We're happy to hear that you found your experience rewarding. Thank you for sharing.

great
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Willow Street, PAJanuary 22, 2019
i was balancing 2 jobs and school and they work with me, they are not prejudice about who the hire there wasn't anything hard about the job really except unloading the dishwasher because it was really hot and the gloves did int really help, i wouldn't work that position again because i'm grown and i have bills now but i would recommend to school student for a little extra money
January 24, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences. We appreciate all of our dedicated Team Members and the impact you have on our Residents.

I like it
House Keeper (Current Employee) –  Willow Street, PAJanuary 8, 2019
Great work environment and the residents and co-workers are nice. I just wish the job paid better. It seems my coworkers and I are very underpaid for the amount of work that needs to be done.
Pros
Good Job/Life Balance, Nice people.
Cons
Low Pay, Expensive Benefit Plans
January 22, 2019

We appreciate your dedication and all you do for Willow Valley Residents. Thank you for sharing your comments.

Breakfast server help out reaidents and team memebers when is needed.
Breakfast Server (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 7, 2019
I been 5 tears i worked with willow valley. I learned alot threw the years with different lifestyles and changes. I loved interacting with the residents made the job more easier mand entertaining.
January 22, 2019

Nice Work Culture
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PADecember 3, 2018
I learned how to work with people and be a team player. The hardest part of working there was being over worked at times. The best part was taking care of the Residents.
Pros
Christmas Bonus
Cons
Poor pay
Really depends which campus your on
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake SideNovember 6, 2018
The older full care campus has filthy stained carpets and fabric furniture that is never vacuumed or cleaned. There is mold growing in almost all the sinks and toilets and there is no temperature regulation. In the summer its 75 plus degrees and in the winter its cold in the halls and stifling in half of the rooms. The windows are sealed so fresh air is out. Staff regularly complains of allergy symptoms and headaches.
Day shift is clichy, 2nd shift is sloppy and 3rd shift works like dogs and and is the scapegoat for everything.
The new pager system never works properly and the nurses do not manage their aids. Residents are often not washed and oral care is completely neglected. When concerns are addressed to management they are ignored. The time off accrual for full time is impressive, the insurance is cheap, but it covers nothing.
Basically the retirement living is swanky but once residents get to full care stage no one care, It's a shame..
November 13, 2018

Unfair and ungrateful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 3, 2018
Humiliating experience! Ungrateful for their hard working employees, ignore some problems but punish others. Does not follow their rules. Leaves employees in the dark and does not care. Level of care provided there is low, please do not send loved ones there.Very stressful...Would not recommend!!!!
October 5, 2018

Busy, rewarding and entertaining environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 27, 2018
Working at Willow Valley was very rewarding. It was a job that kept you on your toes. You're very busy in assisting residents with their activities of daily living. It was a good feeling to be able to help the residents and be able to interact with them on a day to day basis. It was interesting to learn about some of the residents past as they would have us sit with them and keep them company whenever we were lucky to get any down time. Overall Willow Valley is a good facility to work for and they really care about and put the residents needs first.

Menu server (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 5, 2018
Willow valley will have you excited at first then in a couple months you will realize that they dont care about your opinions. Such a good compony poorly managed
Pros
co workers
Cons
managers reasoning
February 7, 2019

Thanks for your review. We appreciate hearing about your experiences. Please feel free to contact our Human Resources Department if you'd like to discuss further. 717-464-2741

Nice clean place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 22, 2018
Willow Valley is one of the top rated long term care facilities in the area. I would agree that it is one of the cleanest, best organized long term care ficilities.
September 19, 2018

taking care or resients, adl, meals
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Willow Street, PAAugust 10, 2018
Depending on your shift you can be very busy to slow (night shift). Check in on residents, answer call bells, help residents get ready for the day....
Pros
rewarding taking care of people
Cons
staff doesn't like new employees, management knows there are issues but doesn't address them
good place to work
Floor Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 2, 2018
Willow Valley provided me an opportunity to learn house keeping and apply what I was taught in a real world environment I would typically be in a classroom setting or housing facility. I most enjoyed the relationship with residents.
Pros
friendly
July 16, 2018

Good people
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Willow Street, PAJune 27, 2018
As an Intern, I enjoyed my time at Lakeside. The people were nice and really cared. I was happy to be there as an intern. I was also able to take my experiences into the real world.

Terrible Management
Server (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 27, 2018
The management was awful. The colleagues were nice. I enjoyed working there, however, people lied about me. The were not good people. I was really glad to get a new job and get out of Willow Valley forever.

Productive workplace; constantly moving
Buffet Host (Current Employee) –  Willow Street, PAJune 25, 2018
Working at Willow Valley Communities can be a little stressful at times, but mostly it's a fun place to be at. You always have something to do, which makes the time fly by.
July 2, 2018

Routine work with some challenges thrown in
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 14, 2018
Mostly worked a routine buy would get to do other tasks some times. Everyone was nice but a bit consecrative. Most enjoyable was talking to the residents and hardest part was not getting bored.
June 26, 2018

Friendly family and fun
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 8, 2018
Whole day remain friendly and funnuy learning something new everyday.Everybody comes with something new everyday and share.Work and talk. Talk while working
Pros
goodpay
Cons
break short
June 26, 2018

Fun place to work with great teamwork
Server (Former Employee) –  Millersville, PAMay 30, 2018
The workplace itself was full of character. The team was extremely good at collaborating. The residents were a big reason as to why I loved working there too.
June 7, 2018

Great place to work; advancement and training opportunities;
I work in the office (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 4, 2018
Great place to work; PTO offered for work/life balance; training offered to enhance job skills/career opportunities. Most enjoyable part of my job is the people that I work with - they are fun but we work as a team.

Comment – May 15, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Willow Valley Communities. Our community is ready to answer.