WillowTree

WillowTree Employee Reviews

United States8 reviews
Great place to intern at!
I interned here at WillowTree as a Software Test Engineer intern. I learned a lot and the people at WT were extremely knowledgeable in their fields and I enjoyed my time there! 10/10 place to work.
Great place to work!
Came in as a SWTE intern at their headquarters and it was wonderful! If you have an opportunity to intern anywehre, try to intern (and end up working) here.
Fantastic and Inviting Work Environment
WillowTree is an awesome company to be at. I felt very welcomed from day one and started learning new things right away. There is a huge focus on creating great products, sharing knowledge between coworkers, and making sure everyone's voice is heard. The work life balance was pretty good, every now and then you might have to spend a bit of extra time there, but there's always an attempt to keep that from happening. Everyone is friendly and there's quite a bit of get-togethers and fun activities organized there. The best part is definitely having days such as Innovation Day, where employees are given the day to work on whatever they want and then show it off to others!
Excellent place to work for younger people
Most employees are very young and work in a collaborative environment. Technologies are on the cutting edge and they foster a great environment for learning.
Great place to work with a lot of great people to work with
Willowtree is an awesome company located in Charlottesville, Virginia. They have some of the best and brightest minds in the software field that are always looking to help you improve your craft.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Modern and Flexibile
The always evolving technology is exciting to keep up with, but can be exhausting when it's occupying your life outside of work. I love the flexibility that allows me to take care of things when I need to without being micromanaged. The culture is out of this world, the best I've ever experienced and I am truly surrounded by some of the most creative and intellectual group of people, which can be admired.
Great Culture
I was an intern for WillowTree from May to August 2016. It was by far my best work experience to date. Not only did I learn a ton, but I had a ton of fun and was actually excited to get up on Mondays and go to work.
A typical day at work involved getting up, making the 5 minute drive to work, getting in the office and grabbing some food. I would then get to my desk and connect up with my mentor and take a walk with him to see what was on the docket for the day. After our daily meetup, we go back to our desks and tackle the designs issues for the day. There would be meetings interspersed throughout the day and sometimes we would have design reviews to go over what sort of my progress was being made.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work on real clients like FOX News, HBO and Regal Cinemas. As an intern, this was such an eye opening and valuable experience. Overall, WillowTree nailed the internship program.
Pros
Free lunches and office food, donor laptop, free parking, worked on big real clients, lots of personal responsibility
Cons
a good bit of meetings
Productive and Fast-Paced Workplace
If you've grown tired of too much of a corporate feel, but desire the stability that they can provide, WillowTree is the place for you. You will work closely with people who value their craft, and won't feel like you're being micromanaged. Culture is really important here, and if you feel as though you're a fit, you'll never search for another workplace!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at WillowTree. Our community is ready to answer.
4.6
InHerSight Score
4.0Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
WillowTree Reviews by Location