WillowTree Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Modern and Flexibile
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJanuary 9, 2018
The always evolving technology is exciting to keep up with, but can be exhausting when it's occupying your life outside of work. I love the flexibility that allows me to take care of things when I need to without being micromanaged. The culture is out of this world, the best I've ever experienced and I am truly surrounded by some of the most creative and intellectual group of people, which can be admired.
Great Culture
UX Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VASeptember 15, 2016
I was an intern for WillowTree from May to August 2016. It was by far my best work experience to date. Not only did I learn a ton, but I had a ton of fun and was actually excited to get up on Mondays and go to work.
A typical day at work involved getting up, making the 5 minute drive to work, getting in the office and grabbing some food. I would then get to my desk and connect up with my mentor and take a walk with him to see what was on the docket for the day. After our daily meetup, we go back to our desks and tackle the designs issues for the day. There would be meetings interspersed throughout the day and sometimes we would have design reviews to go over what sort of my progress was being made.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work on real clients like FOX News, HBO and Regal Cinemas. As an intern, this was such an eye opening and valuable experience. Overall, WillowTree nailed the internship program.
Pros
Free lunches and office food, donor laptop, free parking, worked on big real clients, lots of personal responsibility
Cons
a good bit of meetings
Productive and Fast-Paced Workplace
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAFebruary 13, 2016
If you've grown tired of too much of a corporate feel, but desire the stability that they can provide, WillowTree is the place for you. You will work closely with people who value their craft, and won't feel like you're being micromanaged. Culture is really important here, and if you feel as though you're a fit, you'll never search for another workplace!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WillowTree. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5