Wills Group Culture reviews

Unrealistic Expectations
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MDApril 9, 2019
The Wills Group Culture has unfortunately been neglected by current management and is reflected in the downward spiral of employee morale. Promotions with current employees are based on favoritism not actual job performance.
Pros
pay vs location
Cons
management
Good place to be
Consultant (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MDApril 7, 2019
I was a consultant working at the company. I really enjoyed my time working there. They have good people to work with and the manager of my area was pleasant and helpful. There were lots of projects to work on, and the culture was family friendly.
Pros
Family oriented environment, liked the people I worked with, challenging work assignments
Cons
Maybe trying to do too many things at once, but definitely a desire to grow
Well Run Company in Southern Maryland
Employee (Current Employee) –  La Plata, MDMarch 28, 2019
The company is very well managed and is very involved in the local community. The people you work with are for the most part helpful and friendly, and the company will focus on your development and growth. Management cares about employees as it is a family owned company. Compensation is very fair, and they have an excellent 401k program to save for retirement - one of the best I have ever seen. The company is about to move to a modern new office which should make the working environment even better. And for those who live in the DC metro area, it's basically a reverse commute, so you're not in traffic with everyone else on the beltway. The company is in growth mode, and adding new Dash In stores around the area. All in all, it's a very good place to work.
Pros
Family oriented culture, focus on growth and development, very fair compensation, easy commute
Cons
Somewhat out of the way in La Plata, Maryland
Good place to learn and develop your skills
Individual Contributor (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MDFebruary 20, 2019
I enjoyed working at the Wills Group (also known as Dash In and SMO). I had a very good manager who gave me challenging work assignments and helped me grow. The other employees in my department were friendly and helpful. It was a good team atmosphere. The senior leaders were accessible and engaging. It was a very well run company with a family friendly environment. The pay was very good and the benefits were above average. A good place to work overall.
Pros
Pay and benefits were very competitive
Cons
Typical growing pains associated with opening new stores
I wish i could get my professional time back
Individual Contributor (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MDJune 6, 2018
I had a manager who was just ok. They had an ok attitude, but was already jaded by the company. Everyone is overworked. Hard work is not rewarded or even acknowledged. There's no transparency between subordinates and management. My actual job duties did not match up to my expectations during the interview process. The entire company is petty and catty. One mistake in this company means your demise. They have secret meetings about you, the performance evaluation system is a JOKE and unprofessional. If you are a great candidate with career goals and aspirations, DO NOT WORK HERE, people like you wont make it. They look to hire the best of the best, but don't do anything to keep those employees. The CEO is very nice and personable, but he's stuck in his ways. This company still operates like it's 1990. HR has made some headway with updated processes and procedures, but seems to fail when it comes to communication and roll outs. There's no culture, no one is happy or excited tho work there. There are good people there, but you probably won't ever meet them.
Pros
401k, flexible schedule
Cons
Management, location, culture, transparency, communication