Wills Group

Wills Group Culture reviews

Featured review
Wills Group selected this as a representative review
Retired from The Wills Group after nearly 20 years of service: Family atmosphere Excellent salary plus bonus structure Defined benefits programs A learning company A great place to build a career
Pros
Flexible work hours remote positions available
Cons
Sometimes work/life balance out of sync but company is making efforts to improve
The Wills Group Culture has unfortunately been neglected by current management and is reflected in the downward spiral of employee morale. Promotions with current employees are based on favoritism not actual job performance.
Pros
pay vs location
Cons
management
I was a consultant working at the company. I really enjoyed my time working there. They have good people to work with and the manager of my area was pleasant and helpful. There were lots of projects to work on, and the culture was family friendly.
Pros
Family oriented environment, liked the people I worked with, challenging work assignments
Cons
Maybe trying to do too many things at once, but definitely a desire to grow
The company is very well managed and is very involved in the local community. The people you work with are for the most part helpful and friendly, and the company will focus on your development and growth. Management cares about employees as it is a family owned company. Compensation is very fair, and they have an excellent 401k program to save for retirement - one of the best I have ever seen. The company is about to move to a modern new office which should make the working environment even better. And for those who live in the DC metro area, it's basically a reverse commute, so you're not in traffic with everyone else on the beltway. The company is in growth mode, and adding new Dash In stores around the area. All in all, it's a very good place to work.
Pros
Family oriented culture, focus on growth and development, very fair compensation, easy commute
Cons
Somewhat out of the way in La Plata, Maryland
I enjoyed working at the Wills Group (also known as Dash In and SMO). I had a very good manager who gave me challenging work assignments and helped me grow. The other employees in my department were friendly and helpful. It was a good team atmosphere. The senior leaders were accessible and engaging. It was a very well run company with a family friendly environment. The pay was very good and the benefits were above average. A good place to work overall.
Pros
Pay and benefits were very competitive
Cons
Typical growing pains associated with opening new stores
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I had a manager who was just ok. They had an ok attitude, but was already jaded by the company. Everyone is overworked. Hard work is not rewarded or even acknowledged. There's no transparency between subordinates and management. My actual job duties did not match up to my expectations during the interview process. The entire company is petty and catty. One mistake in this company means your demise. They have secret meetings about you, the performance evaluation system is a JOKE and unprofessional. If you are a great candidate with career goals and aspirations, DO NOT WORK HERE, people like you wont make it. They look to hire the best of the best, but don't do anything to keep those employees. The CEO is very nice and personable, but he's stuck in his ways. This company still operates like it's 1990. HR has made some headway with updated processes and procedures, but seems to fail when it comes to communication and roll outs. There's no culture, no one is happy or excited tho work there. There are good people there, but you probably won't ever meet them.
Pros
401k, flexible schedule
Cons
Management, location, culture, transparency, communication
Our company growth has been tremendous over the past 20 years. With the growth, there has been a lot of change. With change, there is stress. But the company is working hard on addressing this and truly cares for it's employees. There is new leadership in place, in many parts of the company, and they are focused on employees more than ever. The benefits and pay are very competitive. The opportunity to work hard and show your skills are endless. This has provided a lot of opportunity for advancement and recognition for a number of people in the company.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Wants to grow and expand the business; community focused
Cons
You have to work hard, can be stressful at times
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Wills Group?