WillScot | Mobile Mini

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment

Great place to work and learn different skills, suchas, electrical, plumbing and Hvac repairs.

I learned how to do basic plumbing, electrical, and drywall while working at William Scotsman. I enjoyed going out on service calls each day. Also, enjoyed working in a multicultural work environment.

Pros

Driving my own company van.

Cons

Not having material on the van while making service calls.

Great people but a big of a mess

The people you work with are really kind and supportive, but most of them are temp hires. Management was unprepared for large changes which left a lot on the individual person. Unorganized

Pros

Great co-workers

Cons

Unorganized

Working there is like living in a tribe with all chiefs and no Indians. Everybody wants to be in charge, nobody follows given instructions.

Last summer in 2020 I started there is a 10 after six months of employment I gained my eligibility to join on as an employee. Life is great for the first part and then I felt as though management was taking advantage of me they would ask me to do more than normal they were asked me to come in on my weekends but would not make the hours worth my time. When asked for a raise after about a year of employment there I was told no and then was given the option to work a Saturday. I then explained the manager that “I needed more money every hour not just for four hours on one day”. I felt as though I was not being respected as a person or team member. When it came time to put in my two week notice everyone took me as a joke as if I was not really intending to put in my two weeks. I was offered another job position there it will Scott as a field tech but it would not come with a raise and it would not be immediate I would have to wait for additional months at the same rate of pay. That might sound good for some people but I’m not stupid that is not a good deal.

Pros

I don’t work there anymore.

Cons

They never paid my remaining PTO (13.5 days)

Band aid for big issues

A quick paced environment. Most companies pay attending to the profits and this company is no different. Hires only temps. Initial investments for quality tools and working environment is always to little and to late.

Pros

Potential to learn new trades while working

Cons

Management, communication

Good place to work fair salary

Good working conditions just say safety and things get done but be careful... One accident even a cut finger can get you fired . Some management listens well others only think of the $$ overall a good place to work

Pros

Pay home time great employee support

Cons

Hard to advance as rank and file worker

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

A satisfying place to work and learn

From day one I was learning and working at things that added value to my time employed at WillScot. My crew was friendly, and my manager was great. I highly recommend this job, there is plenty of growth opportunities, and people desire to see you succeed.

Pros

Education reimbursement, boot allowance, work shirts and a jacket.

Cons

Nothing close for easy lunch

See 1st line below.

As with most places I've been in my 40 yrs. of trucking management makes the difference. WillScot bought Mobile Mini and changes are happening but so far nothing new. If you have a reasonable branch manager life is good, if not anyone removed from the local branch is classroom educated but experientially challenged. Daily driving is camera monitored, which is not a bad thing if those who could take your job had any professional driving experience. Pay and benefits and a good manager can make it a good place to be but I've been to several branches and can say some stay only for the pay and hate life, or if the manager is good, life is good.

Pros

Compensation package, time off, may have good local manager

Cons

Management lacking real world experience

Management is top notch. It would take something profound for me to leave. Pay is great starting out, but raises are pretty small. The culture is about safety and family.

Pros

Cons

We always need more service technicians

Stay Away. Management Sucks

As a Cdl driver you will could be sent home or have your job threaten DAILY!!! Don’t care about you, only want to know if you where able to complete your task that daily. Setting up 12x60 ft trailers is not for the faint at heart. I would not recommend this job to anyone!

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Great people great job

Friendly work environment good people can definitely learn alot from the guys good leadership long as you do your assignments no one will hassle you definitely enjoyed working there

What a waste.

This is possibly the worst work environment I've ever experienced. I recommend it to absolutely no one. Management are arrogant idiots. It doesn't get any better going down the ladder.

Good place to work as a non specialized worker

Management is the worst (Miami) company only cares for repairs, do not care for environmental regulations, safety of the workers, only for results that says what they want whether is true or not.If you don't care for the environment, EPA's regulations as a HVAC tech, this is your place.

Pros

Salary

Great place to learn

You have the opportunity to learn new things everyday. You stay busy and the environment is great. Very hands on physical work, if you have good work ethic you will do goood.

Pros

Fair pay

Cons

During winter it can slow down might get laid off

Good hours. Straight forward. Pay needs to be higher.

It’s a straight forward job. You are there 40 hours a week doing repairs on mobile office trailers. You will not get rich working for this company. They do have ok benefits.

It was a great company to work for.

Good company to work for good benefits. It is nice to work indoors and most of the employees are very friendly. As long as you are willing to work hard you be fine.

Constant work

There isn't any advancement. Hard work doesn't pay off cause you will be rewarded the same as co workers who get by. Outside of that the company is ok and I met a lot of good people

Inside/Outside Sales..stay away-Raleigh

Job was supposed to be outside sales, then when you start they tell you, oh we changed the direction now it is inside sales position. Then when you make your calls someone at corporate (Who has probably never sold a thing) listens to your calls and then will find something wrong with what you did. All day long they post sales calls made by reps to show calls made to further try and embarrass you. At some point you would think corporate would wonder why they go thru so many people at this job

Pros

Product is fine...but is just a container, Have decent inventory and delivery

Cons

Con job about the job...every changing bonus plan

Started out good

Willscot merged with mobile mini, I lost collectively 8 paid days off I previously had. Was promised 2 raises received none, health insurance cost went up of course. Good 401k match. Normal hours mostly, no weekends, pay is good but not good for Industry or physical demand and responsibilities. This job requires alot of hands on knowledge, and self motivation. The buildings are sketchy and not for the faint of heart. Pretty extreme safety rules, and very much corporate like company. The top dumps everything down the totem pole. High turn over

Pros

Mostly self reliant, nice tools, flexible schedule to an extent

Cons

Pay for what you must do. No raises or Respect

Poor communication between management and employees

In the beginning of employment, I felt welcomed and as if I belonged. That changed rapidly after an increase in production. Management became short tempered and soon I wasn’t enjoying the the position anymore. I quickly moved into a different role and it seemed to be turning around until a rise in temper flared again from an increase in supply and demand. Of course these are considered stressful times but from a management role it is imperative that all aspects of that position are maintained and balanced. Poor communication from delegation to common courtesy and derogatory statements became a concern and was childish, confusing and displayed with frustration and as a result, took shape of an inheritance of acceptable behavior. This created tension in the workplace among superiors and subordinates ultimately violating safety and cardinal rules. This went unnoticed by management. It created a wedge between management and employees but was concealed by subordinates. After a location change, excitement was back among everyone to include superiors. Then management became more demanding in all aspects of the job and rightfully so due to a new work facility and soon after, the pandemic. That was the first time I had witnessed a unity in the entire facility and it felt like the beginning of employment again. Then an increase in supply and demand struck again and rising tempers returned only this time management had taken on a bigger role in management due to the previous events and new location. I among others then felt rushed, stressed and fatigued which once again felt that the -

Pros

For me pay is average, subordinate staff, safety program is impeccable.

Cons

Poor communication. Attention to detail among subordinates and superiors.

Enjoy the job but the pay is not competitive

As a service tech I am given a lot of freedom in my day to day tasks. I have the authority to make decisions in the field to best suit the customer. Overall its a nice job if you dont mind long drives.Office staff seem to have issues communicating with other departments and customers. This leads to bad Intel and unhappy customers. Pay is not as competitive as it once was and many senior techs are being paid less than new hires due to stagnating wages

Pros

Job freedom, work truck

Cons

Poor management, inconsistent pay scale

Management is the worst I’ve ever seen

If you happen to get ahead and finish early they just add stops so you are working almost 14 hours everyday told you run out of HOS. Preach safety but it goes out the window when they need things done. Zero communication about things and a rotating door of employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WillScot | Mobile Mini. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• WillScot | Mobile Mini