Willsub
Happiness rating is 89 out of 100

Willsub Employee Reviews

United States58 reviews

substituteteacherschoolkidchildschedulestaffday

Flexibility and they are always needing people daily, so there is no shortage of work

This is a very flexible job and great to fill in a schedule that currently has some holes (personally) at the moment. As a full time position, supporting a family, I would cringe, since I do not see this as a living wage. I do think for people who are retired, and looking for something to do, that love children, or who have taught in the recent past, and have other income sure... go for it. Perhaps even young people, who are wondering if they would like to become a teacher could see this as a great opportunity. ESS has taken the guess work out of finding someone to fill in as a teacher. It is the problem solver that the school system so desperately needed. A wonderful way to pool together the biggest problem we are facing (especially here in Florida) and get the willing folks in the door to be productive, instead of playing a video all day long and having children learn absolutely nothing while a teacher is absent. ESS has a good (not the best) product, and it can always be tweaked to truly prepare the employees. I will say this, teachers, you are the toughest people out there, and deserve $100K a year plus 3 weeks vacation in Hawaii. I don't know how (or why) you do it. I have the utmost respect for you, and whenever I go into a room, I stick to the program, get the assignments done, and leave a progress report. **And for anyone who is going in to do this job, be kind. Bring in some donuts or muffins for the teachers in your pod (not front office but the teachers you will be working with directly). I have made this a habit and I think it makes them feel appreciated. -

Great company

It is always fun teaching for Willsub, but it does not pay my bills. The pay needs to be a lot higher and there should be more benefits like health, dental, and vision insurance. I love teaching, but I had to get a different job that paid more with benefits.

Willsub insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose

Pretty standard

WillSub as a company is a pretty silent one. I have never heard from a single person about my performance or anything. Personally I prefer this. I like that they don't bother me and just let me do my thing. They are more like a website that provides options about nearby subbing jobs and after you take all the right tests they just let you free. It feels more like the office secretaries and the kids are my coworkers.

Pros

Complete control of schedule

Cons

No control over pay

Great hours

Good hours and great people. It really depends on which county and school district you work with but they have a great website to coordinate and facilitate substitute teachers.

A chance to do good in the community, support our educators and our students.

WillSub makes it easy to work as a substitute teacher, para, support staff etc. It's a good feeling to know that you are helping not only children learn, but supporting our educators when they need us the most. I find that whenever I get lost of confused I can always ask staff and they will help me out.

Pros

Team atmosphere

Cons

Sometimes you feel like you're not prepared.

Very flexible

With subbing of course it's flexible, if there's a job it's up to you if you want to take it or not. They never make you feel as though you are obligated to take. The pay is good and you're off every weekend also if you have children, you'll have the same days off as them.

Willsub needs to step up and take better care of their employees..

Love my job, but it is not to be made in to a career. I couldn't even buy a house because this job is looking at like a temp job. Not a beneficial job at all. You are basically a warm body.

Pros

Convenient schedule if you have kids young kids in school.

Cons

If school is out, you don't work and you don't get paid, Can't use this job as a steady job even when your a floater.

Very easy to use platform and straight forward information

I enjoyed my time subbing for this company. I had all of the information I needed on their platform. It was easy to maneuver and never had any complaints about Willsub.

Do your own thing

You pick where you want to work and how much money you make as long as there is work you have a job. There is always work as long as school is opened up.

Have to love working with children

I have always loved working with kids. I was a sub paraprofessional which was sometimes a pain just because you never knew when you were going to work. I would get plenty of hours but I would have to wait for the phone call the night before or first thing in the morning. I would love to become a paraprofessional full or part time because I enjoy helping kids who need it.

Flexible. Low pay.

Allows for flexibility. As a substitute you don’t really get to interact much with regular staff. The pay is low. compared to district paid subs. You need to respond quickly to lock in the job .

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Need to respond quickly to lick in the job. Low pay

It is a Temp Service for school's.🤗I Basically you are paid a basic pay$70 to $100 no co. Benefits You only get paid for the dates you work.

I like it,it's flexible, you work when and where you want the down side of it is many times it's a day to day job.many school's have a policy of not using Subs until after the first 2 weeks.

Pros

Occasionally free lunch, teachers are Nice people to work with and know. 🤗

Cons

No insurance or stability, some school s don't use subs for the first weeks

It is what it is... if you don't like kids, don't apply

Its nice to have the flexibility to work when you want; always schools in need; must like kids; job depends on the school and principal; some schools are better than others

Pros

teacher schedule

Cons

pay; no benefits

Fun place to work.

Good place to work good place to work December eggs kids were well-behaved get paid every other week staff was nice and friendly. hey no problems with company everybody was really nice and friendly enjoy working for the company you get off days for the holidays as well. are recommended anybody working here who needs a flexible schedule who cannot always commit to having a job. you're able to create your own schedule just in case you can't commit to more than 40 hours a week

Good

Unsatisfactory at best

Was hired in as a full-time substitute and didn't find out until the first week on the job that I would be on-call and working (at most) part time. This was neither in the job description nor in any of the employment paperwork that I filled out. Employers refused to work with me as I needed full-time (literally the only reason I took to the job). I was hardly ever contacted in a timely manner when a shift opened up and that made it nearly impossible and extremely frustrating to work here.

WillSub

This is a great opportunity if you want to only work certain week days. I love working with kids so this was an added bonus. The only bad side is no insurance or paid holidays, etc I would also like to add that I think the pay should be higher.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

No insurance

Just a Sub

The flexibily and consistent pay is great. just know you have to eal with children and aduts who have diiferent backgrounds and personalities and the attitudinal atmosphere changes daily becuse of that. Be prepared for anything and always protect yourelf physically and mentally.

Very fulfilling work

Good satisfying , I enjoy flexibility and appreciation. I can work as much or as little as desired and still be employed. I enjoy summers off with my grandchildren.

It was amazing everyday!

I still to this day, love this job. I love working with students of all ages and getting to teach students. The experience has been wonderful and it is apart of my career path so it is helpful on the job experience like no other.

Great company

Willsub is a great company to work for, you get to make your own schedule, jobs are available everyday, and you can choose multiply school districts to work for.

it a great place

its a great job but the hours are sporadic and there no set schedule . also you dont have time to bond with the kids in the schools. other than those things its a good company to work for and they do communicate very well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Willsub. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Willsub with

• Willsub
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?