Willy's Mexicana Grill Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 22, 2018
The day goes by pretty fast on most days because were always busy, I like it personally. The company has good discounts for the employees, and the pay is pretty fare.
Very fun place to work. Everyone is very chill and nice.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2018
This was my first job and I absolutely loved it, everyone was fun,nice, and jokes a lot. It was fast paced but not too crazy. I would go back if I could.
n/a
Catering General Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2018
While their are many opportunities for a better Willys. They seem to not be able to get it right. Get better internal advancement. Appreciate great people that can benefit culture.
Pros
free lunch.
Cons
No advancement.
It was cool
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJuly 15, 2018
It was cool enjoyed the staff and amazing food. Customers was fair i really dont think i will work there again though pay was ok not really enough for someone thats not stable in life.
average
Cook (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2018
This employer is just about average. I have nothing remarkable to say about the company. It was an acceptable company. I worked there for a period of time in 2017.
Not my favorite job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAMay 6, 2018
A lot of work to do for minimum wage. As someone who has been working in the food industry for the past 4 years, this was my least favorite restaurant to work at.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
Didn't leave until 10:30 to 11:30 at night
over worked
Cook (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 2, 2018
My experience at willy's was ok at first. I was working there for about a year until they changed managers and everything went down hill from there. Willys on hammond dr have serious work to do and need to pay their workers what they deserve for their time of being there and their hard work.
Assistant Manager with Willy's
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2018
I was with the Willy's family for two years. Started as a cashier and worked my way up to Assistant Manager. Great group of people to work with. Love that it is local. Willy is a really great guy!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 12, 2018
The managers are friendly and understanding and work with you. I like my coworkers and the customers the best. It is like a family atmosphere and they accept you right away. The company sells great food and has very loyal customers.
Pros
Customers, Food, Managers
Hostile environment
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Georgia State UniversityMarch 29, 2018
Poor Management,poor food quality, doesn't go by company guidelines,they treat Blacks different from the Other worker's, I worked for them for 4years.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
An excellent place to start a job
General Manager/ Area Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2018
The company is moving in the right direction. Strong culture and firm management. The best part of the job is that everybody there is a family and look at you as a family. Great environment and good benefits.
Pros
free food
Cons
short brakes
nice place
fry (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 16, 2017
i make chip help pack the truck go on delivers cook chicken stake cheese sauce blow front and back of job sweep and mop brake down boxes clean by dumpster
Pros
free lunches
Cons
30 mintues breaks
Cashier/beginner
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 12, 2017
My first position was as a cashier but the manager wanted to train me as a cook. In the mornings, you have to help set up before actual opening hours. It consists of just setting up the dining area( tables, chairs, salsas, etc). Overall, it is a comfortable but fast paced environment.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management varies
Amazing
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 9, 2017
Its was awesome experience. I learned new things. I also got to expand my career. I also know willys is my family. And if i need anything they will always be there. It was worth the time i spent working there.
Busy place to work
Caterer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2017
Willy’s was the job that really taught me a lot about catering and how to cater come out of Willy’s I can say I have learned a lot I wouldn’t mind working for Willy’s again
Wonderful concept, fast paced, plenty of room for advancement
Senior Assistant Manager/Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2017
Loved Everything about working here.
Cant keep up working long hours, nights and weekends anymore. Too much stress, it's effecting my personal life.
Pros
Free meal, health insurance, small company, small cooperate office (personable)
Cons
High turnover in management and cooperate
Nice place to work but too much to do with little pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJuly 6, 2017
It was a pretty high speed environment, easy work but just little time to do everything. I liked management the hardest part was trying to keep customer lines down while cleaning the dining area for the next customers.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Charged for food
okay hours
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 5, 2017
Messy people that work there and they gave 15 min breaks, but the good thing about the breaks is you don't have to clock out. Great tips, and everyone gets started off with a different pay depending on experience.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Good for part time
Asstiant Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 4, 2017
This company is a good company to work for parttime alot of saftey and health code things to follow .. Very fast paced was able to interact with public and sharpen social ques and communications
Pros
Good hours
Don't work here!!
Prep (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAApril 9, 2017
I worked there for 6 months before quitting all together. Training was rushed, most employees are rude, and the workload before opening was entirely too much to do alone. The turnover rate at this particular store is very high (this includes management). The best workers were fired due to very minute and confusing reasons that are beyond their control, while the poor workers were strung along because of their longevity. Others would either quit, or just stop showing up to work. Management is very condescending and rude at times. Directions are never clear. Unless you request a weekend or two off, you don't get weekends off. They'll hold you over your scheduled shift to do other's work. If you like breaks, then this is not the job for you. If you can't get your prep done before 11 a.m, then you won't be able to eat. They don't care about your well being. There's no such thing as a personal life nor a time to breathe at this place. I don't know how it is now because it's been a little over a month since I've worked there, but I just know from my experience, it was horrible. It's a great job if you're not working their full-time; maybe weekends. Other than that, don't work here.
Pros
Free lunch, 50% meals off the clock
Cons
Little to no breaks, rude staff.