Wilson Elser Employee Reviews

Great Firm
Associate Attorney (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 23, 2018
Great Firm
Wilson, Elser, Moskowitz, & Dicker, LLP has smart attorneys and beautiful office space. I recommend this firm to both clients and potential new hires.
Stressful
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 25, 2018
There is no proper training. 5-6 attys per secretary with extreme amount of emails daily on top of attys at your desk requesting assignments be done. Management stinks. Chained to your desk and punished if you speak to somebody when you're supposed to be working. What are breaks for? Talked to receptionist asking if she had a nice wknd and was reprimanded. Workload beyond out of control.
Management is Horrible
Paralegal/Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2018
There is no training associated with the administrative positions. Secretaries are often stressed with 3-5 attorneys on their plates. There is no camaraderie amongst the team. Attorneys can also be overtly assertive at times. But for the most part the management here is horrific.
Poor Training & Unprofessional Behavior
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 12, 2018
I was excited to work for the company, only to discover that the previous receptionist did not want to train me on the mail. Incoming mail was the biggest challenge to learn, given that everyone expects you to know on your 2nd day where everything goes. My boss had went on vacation just a day after I was hired and my work email wasn't even set up. I didn't get any official training until the week after and the front office phone had went out so I couldn't take any calls. That same day I heard my immediate boss talking on the phone about me to someone (She actually used my name) saying I couldn't comprehend the work! I expressed this matter to her boss. Things started getting uncomfortable in the office as too when I had a question I would send out an email and NO ONE would respond back or wait until the end of the day to say "Oh I just received your email". This was the last straw so I decided to end working with the company. I was also lied to about when and how I would collect my check.
Pros
Competitive Pay
Cons
No Teamwork, You only get paid TWICE a month
Fast pace and collaborative workplace
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 11, 2018
I enjoyed the workplace environment and the collaboration between employees. My job duties varied from day to day depending on which cases i was working on or clients I was working for.
Nice place overall
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 10, 2018
Overall is a great place to work. However work life balance is lacking as well as parent flexibility. There's a lot of work and very few staff. Lack of incentives for staff.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
No flexibility
To Many Hours to Stressful
Senior Messaging Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2018
Good PTO, expensive benefits and behind the times technology. If you like to support products that are well past end of life and not supported by their vendors this could be your place.
Pros
They turn on the lights
Cons
To many hours, to stressful
a productive workplace and enviroment
Legal Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2018
Just basic Manual Filing , Law library books updating no computers at the time.

workplace was pleasant for a first time employee at a Law Firm.

the position was fairly easy.

meeting new people and learning to Function in a Legal Environment.
Pros
Holiday parties and Company Picnics
Cons
didnt have room for advancement
It all depends on your assigned partner
Litigation Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2018
If you have a good partner, you'll have a good experience. If you have a bad partner, you'll have a horrific experience. A small portion of associates last more than two years, and only the diehards make partner.
Pros
Excellent staff support and organization, free CLEs
Cons
Sometimes abusive partners, excessive hours for salary
Good firm not much opportunities for Paralegals
Litigation Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 6, 2018
Paralegals were viewed as file clerks. There wasn't any opportunity for advancement and the pay was low. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
its was ok
Temp Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2018
i cant say much about this company in any of the questions you are asking me because it was temp job. and they didnt pay well either i cant say much i feel that you indeed is asking a bit to much information
Pros
it was in nyc
Cons
no benefits
Great stepping stone
Clerk (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 17, 2018
Wilson Elser is a firm that holds a reputable status but behind that status lies a firm that has the potential to be the best but is hampered by processes and business decisions that hinder the growth of all employees. Attorneys are overworked with insane billing hours and not enough compensation. Staff is overworked and treated unfairly in some offices with no compensation. Movement only occurs if you buddy up the right people. No logical way of doing anything. Despite these cons, I enjoyed my time at WEMED because of the staff, manager, and attorneys I got to work with. They all had something to teach but were also willing to learn. New York needs to change if the firm wants to make it in the big leagues.
Pros
Staff, Attorneys are knowledgeable and approachable, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Not much movement unless you know the right people, everyone overworked, micromanaging, confrontational
Nids review
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJJune 16, 2018
My employment at Wilson Elser lasted 12 years. I worked with 4 attorneys providing all phases of legal work. Answered phones, opened and maintained files, etc. Maintained attorney calendars.
Pros
Safe working environment
Cons
Multiple deadline requirements
Na
Senior Graphic & Web Designer (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 29, 2018
Good group or workers in the Marketing department. Work flow was busy with enough creativity and flexibility. Management is a bit disconnected with regards to the marketing department.
Great Place to Work
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 24, 2018
Having worked for several organizations, I can honestly say this is the best. There are good leaders that pave the way for the rest of the organization providing staff with flexible work arrangements and benefits.

The people that work at WEMED are extremely dedicated because they have been treated well and given opportunities to advance their careers. There is loyalty from the people that have been here that you rarely find.

Partners give you a lot of support because they know at the end of the day that you are helping the firm succeed and grow.
Pros
Free lunch (specific days), great benefits (healthcare, dental, vision, Pto, Ltd, Std), flexible work arrangements and schedules
The Worst Experience of My Life
Conflict Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2018
Working at Wilson Elser was the worst working experience I could ever imagine. My supervisor was hostile, non-communicative, hypocritical, inappropriate, unorganized, and had poor teaching skills. My boss clearly chose favorites (through announcement). Assignments were impossible to complete, depending on who were doing them for each person had entirely different standards. Both my boss and supervisor fostered an unhealthy, unnecessarily competitive environment.

I wish no one to experience what I went through.
productive and professional work environment
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2018
While at Wilson Elser for 8 months, I was a temporary employee. I had hoped to be hired full-time but at the end there was no full time position available at the time.
Good company if you like the culture of Law Firms
Report Analyst / Applications Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2018
Management is not up to date on technology. Supporting older systems and processes are chores. Managers are mostly good to work for. Compensation is not good.
Collaborative and quick paced workplace
Paralegel/client manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 3, 2018
I enjoy working here. I am compensated well and am provided good benefits. I also enjoy the capability of calling on my peers when I have questions or need assistance.
Develop relationships and collaborations and you will be fine
Professional Staff Member (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 21, 2018
Every job is what you make of it, and here it is the same. I feel lucky that I have an engaging and collaborative team available to me. I support all offices so there are many different personalities to navigate which can be challenging but also rewarding if you like to make genuine connections with people. The firm and regional managing partners genuinely care about their employees, and as I write this, I am doing it from home because they felt it was too dangerous to have people come into the office during a snowstorm. The partners are consistently trying to make the organization a better place for people to work and trying to give the support and training necessary for all associates and professional staff to be successful. In the long run investing in your people and resources is the best way to continue success and I currently feel that they do that and I hope that it continues.
Pros
work life balance, compensation, engaging work, and great team enviornment
Cons
update outlook

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wilson Elser. Our community is ready to answer.