Wilson Elser Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
The Worst Experience of My Life
Conflict Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2018
Working at Wilson Elser was the worst working experience I could ever imagine. My supervisor was hostile, non-communicative, hypocritical, inappropriate, unorganized, and had poor teaching skills. My boss clearly chose favorites (through announcement). Assignments were impossible to complete, depending on who were doing them for each person had entirely different standards. Both my boss and supervisor fostered an unhealthy, unnecessarily competitive environment.

I wish no one to experience what I went through.
Good company if you like the culture of Law Firms
Report Analyst / Applications Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2018
Management is not up to date on technology. Supporting older systems and processes are chores. Managers are mostly good to work for. Compensation is not good.
Develop relationships and collaborations and you will be fine
Professional Staff Member (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 21, 2018
Every job is what you make of it, and here it is the same. I feel lucky that I have an engaging and collaborative team available to me. I support all offices so there are many different personalities to navigate which can be challenging but also rewarding if you like to make genuine connections with people. The firm and regional managing partners genuinely care about their employees, and as I write this, I am doing it from home because they felt it was too dangerous to have people come into the office during a snowstorm. The partners are consistently trying to make the organization a better place for people to work and trying to give the support and training necessary for all associates and professional staff to be successful. In the long run investing in your people and resources is the best way to continue success and I currently feel that they do that and I hope that it continues.
Pros
work life balance, compensation, engaging work, and great team enviornment
Cons
update outlook
A place you will fit 40 hrs of work in 24 hrs
Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 9, 2018
A place you will fit 40 hrs of work in 24 hrs. each week. You are forced to get distracted, Everything is just a mess where you will waste tons of paper because management wants you to print out every email for each meeting which is allot. You will go through pads of Post-Its because the company is so far behind and because it's local management in the LA area is refusing to adapt to todays collaboration tools that can save tons of paper and grief.
Pros
A stepping stone to add to you resume
Cons
Internal polatics needs improvement.

Comment – March 15, 2018

This is only for the IT part time possition in the Los Angeles office. I cannot say if there is any improvements for the next IT possition. All I can do is hope everything gets better.

N/a
Legal Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2018
Quick paced job, very warm environment. Teach you how to manage your time when working on special projects. The job is fairly easy. Always celebrate Birthdays wit cake.
Excellent support from senior level attorneys and partners. Outstanding learning environment.
LITIGATION ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2018
As a litigator, junior attorneys are given meaningful cases immediately and mentored by senior level associates or partners. Excellent learning experience for new litigators.
Pros
Outstanding people.
Cons
Volume and work hours presented challenges at times.
Many hard-working, friendly people
Non-lawyer (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 20, 2017
Many attorneys and administrative professionals are smart, friendly, and nice. Attorneys work hard but need to bill so many hours, they are not often able to do important value-add work.

Come for the work-life balance and people, not for the salary or cutting edge technology.
Unhealthy Environment to work in
Litigation Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 6, 2017
I knew I did not want to stay at this firm after 2 weeks of employment. It was stressful and it lacked communication from attorney to assistant. The office manager was bipolar. She was nice one day and then the next day, she would scream from the top of her lungs if she felt she was not in control of a situation.
Pros
A paycheck every 2 weeks
Cons
Stressful, lack of communication and manager was unprofessional
Unknown at this time
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 21, 2017
The managing partner and office manager have changed since my employment so I'm not aware of the current office environment, work place culture or management.
Pros
7.5. hour work days, close early on the work day prior to a holiday
No comment
Account Supervisor for Office Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 29, 2017
When I work at Wilson Elser I work for a outsource company call GLC. I also learned a lot from working there, It was very fast past the team I had there was all skilled witch made my day a little easy.

Want to know more about Wilson Elser?

Ask a question
Whatever
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 17, 2017
I was a billing coordinator for the white plains office. Enjoyed it as much as I could. They had the oldest systems used to process payments. It took time to adjust. The billing manager/supervisor is garbage. Wilson Elser is great on the outside but garbage on the inside
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Compensation, Manager
sub contract
Litigation Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 16, 2017
I was a subtracted through Document Technology as litigation support in the copy; mail room center. Though Document Technology Terminated my while on bed rest, and the last supervisor was not good. Wilson Elser Manager and staff were very nice.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
DTI manager was unpleasant and an fabricator.
Up/Down
GLC Records Clerk/ File Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2017
I hadon't 12 attorneys I work for. I will go pick up the pre-filing to create new redwelds. Insert new materials into existence redwelds. Make sure all the documents are in place for audits
very low pay for long hours
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 22, 2017
High billing expectations with well below market pay.
Very high attrition rate due to poor work life balance and demanding hours.
I would not recommend this company.
Also very sexist environment in my opinion.
Go to another firm
Assistant Managing Clerk (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 1, 2016
Not exactly a good firm to work for. Worked as a managing Clerk assistant. Poor training was provided. At least I got experience in working at a large law firm.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons

Comment – April 11, 2016

I agree. I went through the same situation when I was a Managing Clerk Assistant at Wilson Elser's White Plains office.

Very professional environment
file clerk (Current Employee) –  houston, txAugust 18, 2015
A typical day at work consists of filing and miscellaneous projects for attorneys. I have learned a lot about the court systems, especially since I want to go to law school. Management is very one-sided. My co-workers make my job a lot easier and fun. The hardest part of the job is completing tasks that have a deadline, and you're given the task at the last minute. The most enjoyable part is that I get to be a student and learn new things along the way!
Cons
No paid parking
Productive and positive
Facilities & Purchasing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2015
a typical day at work required a lot of communication with managers and adminstrative staff. I became a better negotiator the more I delt with different personalities. Staff was positve and friendly, Everyone helped one another to acheive goals. Their wasn't really a hard part because I was constantly learning new things that eventually made my job more interesting and easier making me more productive. the most enjoyable part was the company celebrations through out the year.
Pros
Free lunches right before holidays and closing early.
Horrible place to work
paralegal (Former Employee) –  New yorkNovember 6, 2014
Poor salary way below industry standards low moral unreasonable supervisors great benefits after 1st year no overtime unreasonable/unrealistic goals
Average
Legal Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  New YorkNovember 3, 2014
Below average salary. Very relaxed working environment. Expensive benefits package.
Productive, fast learning and happy individual.
Legal Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2014
A typical day at my job, is print documents out, sort them according to file name, then I file documents into the correct file. I save e-mails/docs into the system. I also answered the phones when the receptionist is out.