Wilson Elser Employee Reviews for Legal Secretary

Stressful
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 25, 2018
There is no proper training. 5-6 attys per secretary with extreme amount of emails daily on top of attys at your desk requesting assignments be done. Management stinks. Chained to your desk and punished if you speak to somebody when you're supposed to be working. What are breaks for? Talked to receptionist asking if she had a nice wknd and was reprimanded. Workload beyond out of control.
Nids review
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJJune 16, 2018
My employment at Wilson Elser lasted 12 years. I worked with 4 attorneys providing all phases of legal work. Answered phones, opened and maintained files, etc. Maintained attorney calendars.
Pros
Safe working environment
Cons
Multiple deadline requirements
productive and professional work environment
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2018
While at Wilson Elser for 8 months, I was a temporary employee. I had hoped to be hired full-time but at the end there was no full time position available at the time.
Workplace environment
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 28, 2017
Working at Wilson Elser was a fast-paced environment. I supported two attorneys and a partner. Each secretary was responsible for covering the receptionist desk during lunch or when she was out of the office, which was not always conductive to the daily workload.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Office manager did not always address secretary's concerns
Not a Good Place to Work
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesMay 30, 2014
The West Coast Administrator is the most tyrannical person ever. Don't expect fairness from the Los Angeles Office.
Simply AWFUL
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 23, 2013
I temped there for a few months. The management treats their temps like non-entities. The other secretaries are too busy complaining and gossiping to do their work, which they pass off to others. The support staff seemed miserable and complained about low wages, no benefits, lack of time off, etc. (which as a temp, I have never worked for such pennies!) and griped about everything, when they should be lucky to have a job in these economy! All in all, it was a horrible experience. Never to be repeated!
Pros
It's in a nice building
Cons
Terrible work environment, it was like being in high school again!
Wonderful Productive Place of Business
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 26, 2013
While working at Wilson Elser I enjoyed working with all of my assigned and some unassigned attorneys. My day to day work involved different correspondence with other secretaries from different firms as well as carriers regarding invoices. I followed up on any case filings that were pending approval from our firm and other firms. I managed calendaring and scheduling for each of my attorneys. Twice a month I provided relief for the receptionist during her lunch break. My co-workers were always a delight to work with and made it very easy to learn in a fast paced environment. Everyone was willing to assist when help was needed and never made you feel as though you did not belong. Management was fair and provided a great culture for the staff. Management always gave the staff something to look forward to every month with catered lunches and birthday celebrations. Overall I enjoyed time time spent with the firm.
Pros
great benefits, flexible hours and wonderful staff.