Wilson Health Employee Reviews

Great place to work at
Dietary Hostess (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHJune 11, 2018
A wonderful place to work at! Sad that I had to leave, but management would ignore every little thing you told them, even about being trained on another job to give you more hours.
Pros
Free lunches, Wonderful staff
Clinical rotation
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHMay 16, 2018
I like my time at Wilson, it was a fun fast paced place to work. I would recommend it to others in my field. I was doing my first clinical rotation there learned a great deal from the people there.
Poor management and leadership.
MOA (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, NYMay 4, 2018
Our department has big time favoritism going on. Our team lead is friends with one of the employees, that employee gets away with murder. Concerns aren't taken serious when an issue arises. You can work your butt off and are not given credit for even a simple thank you. You do one thing wrong, bet that they will have your butt in that office. All long term employees end up leaving due to poor leadership. Good employees too. The team lead doesn't see that she is the problem. She doesn't see what she does. When things are brought up to the HR department investigations take place. The ball gets dropped some where down the line even with documented proof of wrong doing, nothing is founded. Happens every time! Very frustrating place to work. Sucks the life out of you. High turn over.
Pros
When the team lead is on vacation.
Cons
Horrible team lead, concerns aren't taken serious and brushed off.
short staff
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYMarch 12, 2018
not able to have stable home life. short on staff. demands and responsibility high. management did not care about employees concerns. was not really concerned about understaff
Wonderful place to work!
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHMarch 1, 2018
Working at Wilson Health has been such a privilege! I love working for a small, stand alone hospital that is not part of a large corporate chain. There are so many benefits to working here; you get to serve the community, everyone is friendly, excellent benefits and pay, and there is room for advancement.
Pros
Atmosphere, benefits.
My Favorite Job
Medical Information Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYFebruary 25, 2018
I loved working for UHS. Working together as a team, learning new things daily. Management however went downhill after a few years and continues to drag down morale.
Not a great place
RN (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHFebruary 9, 2018
I wasn't fond of my time at Wilson but that was a long time ago so maybe things have changed. Management was not great at that time. Seemed as though, the people that actually cared were not treated well.
Friendly Learning Environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHFebruary 8, 2018
What I learned at Wilson helped a lot with nursing school that I was in at the same time. I learned names of conditions, treatment options, and many other useful procedures.
Pros
free insurance
Cons
non smoking campus
Great
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYJanuary 5, 2018
Great team in department. Family like atmosphere. Most difficult part of the job is the busy pace but team works well together to get job done. Docs are awesome!
Great for a small town hospital
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHJanuary 3, 2018
Great teamwork collaboration, the nursing staff is wonderful, management truly cares about employees. The hardest part of the job was leaving as they were on a hiring freeze and I needed to earn RN salary.
Pros
Teamwork, close to home
Cons
Hiring freeze at the time
Best job I ever had!!! I really l miss it!!!
Medical Secretary/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHNovember 12, 2017
Going to work every day with some of the greatest guys and girls AND doctors! I loved everything about my job! The hardest part was leaving everyday...The management was awesome!
Pros
Everyone was great to work for.
Cons
When an employee left.
Working
Manager, Health Information Dept (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHNovember 8, 2017
Management was the root of all problems. They would not stand up for what their subordinates were relaying to them on a regular basis. It seemed that every department work in "silos". There was no communication within the departments.
Pros
Cons
lack of communication
It's ok
Network Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHOctober 26, 2017
Wilson is a pretty ok place to work. The management has unrealistic expectations about timelines but other than that it is Okay. The are good about working with you if you need some time off for personal stuff
Pros
Cafeteria Onsite
Cons
Bad Parking
Worst place I have ever worked
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OH 45365October 12, 2017
This particular hospital is not managed well and does not treat their employees with any respect. I would not recommend any one work at this hospital or to go there as a patient for anything.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHSeptember 14, 2017
Good benefits. Flexible hours. I enjoyed my time working there. People work well together within their departments and truly care about their co-workers. Good place to work.
Pros
Good benefits
Fun experience
Teen Volunteer Program (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCAugust 6, 2017
I was just volunteering at Wilson Medical, and it was a very popular program, so none of us was able to work many days because they wanted everyone to have the experience. The management was great and I got to learn all about how they work and do things in the hospital. I helped the nurses out by organizing their cabinets, teaching CPR classes, firing stuff, and labeling medicine bottles. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to see how everyone at the hospital works so productively.
Pros
Meeting people and helping out
Wide variety of ultrasound cases
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, NYJune 17, 2017
I enjoy scanning many different kinds of patients and ultrasound examinations. I work in a fast-paced environment with a good group of coworkers that are always anxious to help when needed.
Loved the clients and co-workers
Electronic Claims Insurance Processor (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJune 8, 2017
Loved working with the clients. I loved working with the different attitudes and if they were upset, I would try to help make their day a little better. Loved my co-workers. Loved the position I was in.
Pros
lunch breaks and breaks whenever you wanted
Cons
Do not have any.
good patient care
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYMay 22, 2017
Wilson Hospital has great patient care. Communication between all health care workers. Follow protocol. Is clean and organize. Good Team work and report.
Pros
good team work
Cons
long distance from home.
Helping Patients
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHMay 16, 2017
prepare IV solutions
Count and fill medications
order and stock medication
Cart fill
PYXIS fill
PYXIS management
read and input prescription information
Pros
great working environment