Wilson Logistics Employee Reviews

They are joke
Drivet (Former Employee) –  WashingtonNovember 3, 2018
They double and triple book loads you will home every weekend ya right until they have a load it only took me a week to see three there bs and Maintenance that’s a joke oh and if they’ll promise you a new truck you’ll be in the oldest piece of they have by the way between 25 and 75° you’re going to cook because they don’t believe in driver comfort and the truck won’t idle and they don’t have AC or an APU
Pros
Cons
Every thing
Great company
Heavy Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAOctober 30, 2018
Fantastic company to work for. Excellent equipment. Enjoyed driving regional routes. Typical day at work consisted of driving hours to reach destination in a timely manner.
Fast paced keeps you on your toes
Over the Road Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 16, 2018
I love the ability to travel across America and see the beautiful sights of purple mountains, amber waves of grain and interesting people. I also love the food, the different types of food your able to enjoy.
Pros
You get to meet lots of wonderful people, you can take home time anywhere across America
Cons
Winter driving
Work here is your want easy money.
Yard Jockey (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJuly 29, 2018
This is an easy job. Management sucks. He hired bad drivers that complain bout pay and every one else. There are drivers here to just watch you so they can snitch. The manager can't handle the stress and just let's employees run a muck. Drivers destroy equipment and he just sweeps it under the rug. The employees is constantly making fun of management. All I am saying is if you can put up with poor management, poor equipment, no breaks, over time is pay after 50 hours, no vacation, being out of work for 2 weeks around Christmas, and employees complaining all the time this is the job for you.
Pros
Don't really have to work to get paid. Paid holidays. Easily get overtime.
Cons
No breaks. Poor management. Bad drivers. No vacation. Poor equipment.
great company
Truck Driver Class A Heavy Haul (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 29, 2018
amazing place to work, family oriented, great fleet managers and trainers, amazing safety people, the recruiters dont lie about what the company has to offer.
wish I never applied
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 5, 2018
I was promised so many things and very little was delivered I couldn't even rationalize the time away from with the money earned! I was given multiple unsafe pieces of equipment and there was a lot of down time that I didn't get paid for
Pros
more OTR miles
Cons
unsafe equipment broken promises inconsistent miles despite of how hard I worked
Stay Away
Fleet Manager/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAApril 18, 2018
If you want to work your tail off, and never receive recognition, a pay raise, or any opportunity for advancement then apply. If you enjoy walking in to work each day, never knowing what your walking in to, or if you'll even have a job then this is the place for you. No accountability, and hope your a part of the Good Ol boys club. And expect to be lied to by upper management.
Pros
The drivers are great!
Cons
Communication is terrible
Great company treats you like family
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 15, 2018
Great otr road company to work for a lot miles and lengthy ti me on the road if that is something your looking for they going the extra mile to help out there drivers .
Hardest part of the job.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 24, 2017
the hardest part of the job is when Kraft is slow the drivers wash out trailers or sweep out dry vans, or just bob tail from Kraft plant to the underground and get empty trailers to re-stock Kraft empty lot.
Pros
even on slow days you have the ability make your hours
Cons
there are a few slow days
Great Time!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 17, 2017
The dispatchers were great and understanding. The environment was wonderful every time I came to the terminal. They really cared about their drivers. If there was any trouble they always fixed it in a timely matter
Lacks Direction from Leadership
Undefined (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJune 6, 2017
You will work very long 10 hour days but only be paid for 8. Management does not seem to have a clear vision and instead acts on impulse. Communication is very poor or non-existent. There is no opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Fun people, slow pace
Cons
Long hours, poor life balance
Was a fun place to work but could be stressful at times.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Strafford, MOJanuary 15, 2017
The best part about this job is being able to see the United States. My teacher always told me I would never get paid to look out the window but I think I proved her wrong with this job. The hardest part about this job was being a student and learning how to back a 53 foot trailer into a hole the size of a car.
Pros
seeing the country and meeting new and interesting people in the same profession
Cons
layovers damaged goods and weather
Good place to start if you can deal with all of the extras involved with being an OTR Driver
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 17, 2016
3 out of 5 stars, some good people here, some good trainers here, good equipment. Maintenance does not want to spend money on needed issues outside of the home terminal
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
Not good for family life, hard to get good consistent miles
Best company if u want career not just job
Lease Operator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 21, 2016
Ive been driving 18 yrs last 5 here at wiltrans they are very wonderful people to work along side your not a number and do all they can to help you be successful and happy they have amazing equipment and take care of it very well they work with you even if there day off they keep lines of communication to try keep you happy the owner is very genuine nice guy straight shooter i. Proud to be a wiltrans driver and you will to just if you chose to be here if you want a company to retire from look at us you wont be dissappointed
Pros
Good equip pay and miles
Great company to drive for and reap rewards
Lease Operator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 21, 2016
Looking for a company to drive for? This is it. Company or Lease you will be glad you've chosen this company. Family orientated environment, great miles and loads, works with you whenever you need something. You've checked the rest, Now come check the best. Great dispatchers. First company I've heard of that gives $10,000.00 bonuses to drivers who stay 5 years. You cant beat that. Your choice of equipment. Manual and Automatics available Peterbilts & Freightliners.
Pros
New Equipments, Consistant loads, Great Miles
Cons
Still Trying To Find There Faults. To Me, They Have None
Company Driver and OTR CDL Trainer
CDL Class A Truck Driver and Trainer (Former Employee) –  MissouriAugust 13, 2016
Company Driver in well maintained, new trucks with excellent maintenance and safety record. QualComm Electronic Logs and Manual Transmissions a plus.
Company runs as a subsidiary of PRIME, Inc.
Nice family atmosphere and enjoyable work environment
Company appointed Trainer of future CDL Drivers resulted in long periods at Yard without adequate compensation.
Long periods away from Base, inconsistent/low weekly miles, long load/unload periods without wheels turning, dispatchers make promises they don't follow up on. 34 hr resets have to be requested.
Mainly NE routes.
PRIME will try to get you to do their loads without Wil Trans dispatchers involvement or permission.
Pros
New Trucks, excellent safety record, Accessibility to PRIME facilities
Cons
Inexperienced Dispatchers, low miles, 80% short routes
family orientated
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 24, 2016
Very good company to work for. They treat you like family. if it was not for the doctor, I would still be there. my equipment was not that bad. it had its flaws, but all do.. the office people are very fun to be around.
Pros
family orientated
Cons
to long away from home
Good stable place to work.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Strafford, MOFebruary 24, 2016
They are fairly decent company. Company drivers have choice of a valuable trucks... Freightliners or peterbilts. Home time policy is strict 4 out 2home. The 2days home generally feels like 2 full days because after home time it takes a few hours to find a load out. You get alot of loads centrally but occasionally East coast and up into Maine. Good miles when you use your hours right. I typically drove 8 1/2 each day with the occasional 11hr drive when needed. Maintenance is a pain when u are at the TA getting oil/tire changes because u will be waiting on prime to approve the services. 58mph gives u great fuel bonus if u just fill up when needed and not after every shut down. Debating on going back. Alot of people have an issue with Wil-trans after employment but I don't, I feel they can be a better company if they atleast give 3days home time if you're out 5-6weeks. Personally hated driving thru w.VA after loads in MD or OH... It seemed like the stress of decending mountains as an inexperienced driver at the time but I wasn't going to complain about it because it is OTR and not local.
Pros
Decent miles, longevity bonus, great equipment
Cons
Apu issues, pay can be spotted if you dont check
Good people
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Strafford, MOOctober 20, 2015
I had to relocate for a divorce but would never have left them otherwise. Leadership has great visual and insight.They operate under a family type theme where are all employees are like family,
great for new employees
Lease operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, GASeptember 14, 2015
I really enjoyed this company for a long time. It was great pay and plenty of work. If you are looking for a company job then this is the place to be

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wilson Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.