Wilson Medical Center Employee Reviews

Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCFebruary 23, 2019
Manager would never work her scheduled shift. Hard to get up with when needed assistance. Promised certain hours and was changed on the first day of employment.
Pros
Badge access for food
Cons
Hours lunches
I love my job
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJanuary 7, 2019
I love my job and have enjoyed working at White-Wilson. They have been very fair and accommodating to me. I would recommend others to apply for a job here.
Executive Chef position
Food and Nutrition Services Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCDecember 5, 2018
Working for the hospital was great! But our dept. was farmed out to a contractor. I had to interview for my position and after working there for twelve years and then two phone interviews I was offered an hourly cook position or a severance pkg. from the hospital. Needless to say I accepted the pkg.
Pros
Good management in the dept. Great teamwork among longtime employees.
Cons
Didn't get a chance to work for the contractor managing FNS, so I couldn't say what cons there might be.
Cool
NA1/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCSeptember 22, 2018
Decent place to work. Employee discounts, 12 hour shifts, float pool is great for making your own schedule. Supervisors are cool, attendance policy is a little tight.
Pros
two 15's and a 30 minute break, cafeteria discount
Cons
absenteeism can be a problem with coworkers
RN (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCAugust 27, 2018
I loved my time working on the 5th floor at Wilson Medical Center. I would not hesitate to return if life gives me that option in the future! They are like family to me instead of coworkers.
going downhill
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCJuly 19, 2018
Initially enjoyed working here, but as time has gone by it looks like this place is going downhill. Never fully staffed and expected to do more work to cover others. Hopefully it will get back on the right track soon.
Ok place to work, but dont expect anything extra
Patient Register II (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJuly 10, 2018
Was a better place to work,before merger, certain people have better advancement than others. Its all in who you know. Management could care less about you.
Benefits
Cons
Poor pay
Travel RN in the ICU
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMay 26, 2018
This was a small community hospital with very friendly staff who are very knowledgeable and friendly to staff, patients and visitors. I would return here to work in the future.
It’s a good place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMay 23, 2018
It was a good place to work and everyone got along great my coworkers were very friendly and helpful and they were always so happy with my work they even helped me when I needed it
Flexible, Enjoyment
Monitor Technician/Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCApril 24, 2018
I enjoyed my co workers and the work environment. The hours were very flexible. I liked the smaller hospital setting. I felt I could give better patient care.

Want to know more about Wilson Medical Center?

Ask a question
love my job , but interested in a full time position
Food and Nutrition Aide (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCApril 18, 2018
Working at Wilson Medical Center , I get to meet a lot of people.
Customer Service is very important to me , the position that I work in allows me to interact with the public. Therefore I try to render the best Customer Service so they will look forward to visiting our facility.
Pros
Awesome Supervisor
Cons
Need more hours
Great place to start a new career to gain experience
Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCApril 16, 2018
Wilson Medical Center is a great place to start a new career, excellent benefits and overall patient care. I met some incredible people at Wilson Medical Center.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low pay
No room for advancement
switchboard operator (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCApril 15, 2018
Depending on the job or department there is little room for advancement. As with most hospitals the turnover can be high leaving a lot of additional work on the employees who remain.
Helping others
Unit Secretary Coordinator/CNA I (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMarch 26, 2018
Sometime days or evening was very busy that you felt like you didn't know if you were coming or going due to any situation that come up. But for the most part when you put a smile on their face you know you done something right.
Great people to work with!
Certified Nurse Assistant 2/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCMarch 12, 2018
I love what I do and the people I work with. They are always willing to help when needed. It is a great place to work. Everyone always speaks when you pass them in the hallway.
Very rewarding years of service.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCFebruary 23, 2018
Transcription for 27 years. Loved all facets of the job. Feeling of being a part of a team. Switchboard for 2 years was also very rewarding fast paced and demanding for timely execution of duties. Management was very understanding of the duties that were performed and greatly appreciated our diligence as well as our dedication. Our department was a diversified group of women whose only goal was to do the best job possible. We worked as a team and felt like a family.
Excellent
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCFebruary 7, 2018
Wilson medical center is a excellent place to work. I have been there for 20 years. Very friendly coworkers. Excellent pay. I really enjoy my current job.
Fast paced working environment with strong management who do their best to advance the hospital for the better
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCFebruary 5, 2018
I have enjoyed working here, it is fast paced and challenging but it has grown me as a professional and I have really enjoyed working in this community,
Hospital over all is good, just had many issues in my area.
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJanuary 27, 2018
Was fired, or "let go" as a temp employee because I had the stomach flu. No sick time and not allowed to work with a fever, I could not work and they let me go.
strong ability to work harmoniously with otheremployees
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJanuary 18, 2018
excellent mobility to drive, climb, bend, kneel, and lift 75 lbs. and proven ability to operate tools and equipment remarkable knowledge of method, materials, and tools.
Pros
loved the short lunch breaks and good place of business
Cons
have nothing to say about this job but it was great