Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (PART-TIME) (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 10, 2018
Calendering, document revisions, travel arrangements and answering phones. I learned to multitask and wear many hats. Very formal workplace culture. The most challenging part of the job was dealing with different personalities and work styles. I enjoyed the great benefits and flexibility to take time off.
A good place to work; a collaborative team-focused production-oriented environment
Senior Legal Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 26, 2018
You start working, there is a collaborative nature right from the start. You need help, there is help available. I learned about many kinds of software and how to get along with and work with others in a collaborative environment. The hardest part of the job is meeting sometimes unreasonable deadlines; the most enjoyable is the friendships with coworkers and the interesting and challenging work done there.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
short lunches
Stand out Administrative Assistance that produces gnarly results.
Receptionist / Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 24, 2018
I am responsible for handling a wide range of calls, dealing with everyone who entered the company, providing information to customers, answering queries, providing general administrative support to the company and monitoring the reception area"

Communication skills, the ability to handle stress, problem-solving and teamwork are some core competencies for this job. Other characteristics such as dependability, punctuality, and integrity are essential.
Pros
Full benefits, 401 K, Yearly Bonus, Happy Hours
Cons
Acquire greater recognition for accomplishments:
Steady
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 3, 2018
Days here are easy and care free. Not crazy busy all the time, however when it is busy, it is busy.

Office is always quiet.

Online training classes are awesome.
Challenging workplace with opportunities for growth
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 1, 2018
Busy work days with many changes and objectives. Must be able to multitask and change focus. I have learned to keep up with the fast paced environment but it is very demanding. It can be challenging to keep up with the demands. I have learned many new skills and the ability to handle larger workloads.
Pros
Good benefits and salary
Cons
Limited breaks and poor home/work balance
Fast paced environment
Patent Foreign Filing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAFebruary 7, 2018
Reviewing e-mails, preparing reporting letters to clients, patent filings. I've learned all the aspects of patent foreign filing and making sure all actions due are completed on a timely matter.
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
Long work hours
Good Firm
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 29, 2018
WSGR is a good firm to work for. They have excellent health benefits and the people who work there are basically great people. I enjoyed my time at WSGR and it was really hard to leave.
People are friendly
Sr. Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Employees are friendly and highly professional. Working environment is relaxed. The Firm provide full benefits coverage to all regular full time or part time employees
Pros
flexible hours
Its great if you can deal supporting difficult attorneys, partners, and staff etc
Helpdesk Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 3, 2017
- a typical day at work is taking anywhere from 15 to 35 calls a day from attorneys, Partners, and other staff with a variety of technical calls.

- I did learn how to provide quicker, outstanding service being that its a law firm and attorneys and partners don't have much time for any troubleshooting.

- IS management is OK. Could have been a lot better which is why the former CIO is no longer there in my humble opinion.

- Hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult disgruntled attorneys and partners who think they are gods and want their technical issues fixed and not troubleshoot by you even if troubleshooting is required.

- The most enjoyable part of the job is the group I worked with. They are the best group of people I have ever worked with which was the best part of my day.
Pros
Big law firm which means you can get paid more if you prove your worth
Cons
Being a law firm its a stressful environment no matter what department you work in.
Needs better management
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 10, 2017
Management could be better. Due to the prior manager leaving the firm, the current manager was her assistant. I don't believe she is qualified to hold this position.
Pros
My immediate supervisors are not micro mangers
Cons
merit increases
Warm work environment with wonderful work/life balance
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 4, 2017
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is a wonderful place to work with exceptional team members and supportive department heads. I have learned much about the legal industry when working with partners, start-up clients, and VC's to help facilitate marketing procedures including; business development, communications, and events.
Pros
Healthcare, flexible hours
Cons
Slow to advance, compensation is below market
document processing
Senior Legal Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 21, 2017
typical document processing job working with various departments and offices worldwide. can be very fast pace and challenging however with the assistance of peers it was a nice team effort position for the most part
Productive, Fast Paced, Rewarding work place
Information Systems Analyst/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 22, 2017
Very fast paced work environment. Constant learning required on daily basis as we implement new applications almost once a month. Great team dynamic, very smart and helpful management team. Great work/life balance
Pros
Telecommute, Travel, Team Appreciation Events and Lot of Overtime options
Work is tough but people are overall great
Corporate Associate (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 30, 2017
You have to work hard at WSGR but you do learn a lot here. People are generally nice and cordial but you must be proactive in building close relationships.
Overall - highly professional with wonderful staff and benefits
staff (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 27, 2017
Very intense and fast-paced environment. Typical day can vary with shifting deadlines and multiple parallel projects - can be very exciting.

Highly intelligent and helpful support staff and members.
Pros
Benefits, variety of work and professional relationships
Cons
Middle management inexperience
Great company
Senior Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 26, 2017
Great teams and support; support departments were excellent in support of a fast-paced environment. Have maintained friendships with this company to this day.
Great place to work.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Very productive and superb place to work, everyone gets along, work together as a team. I love it. This place has been by far the most friendliest work environment, no drama. The work is great, very busy, which I love.
good
Client Accountant/Patent Finance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 20, 2016
overall, the work is good and I enjoy coming to work everyday. The salary is good and bonuses too. I enjoy working directly with the partners here and meeting with them on a weekly basis. the legal staff is good to work with too and knowledgeable at their job.
Pros
good working environment and benefits
Cons
long commute
Great place for longterm employees
Litigation Paralegal/Case Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 24, 2015
Met wonderful attorneys and paralegals. Enjoyed the position and my colleagues, some of whom I'm still friends with today.
Pros
Great people in the workplace. Positive work environment.
Cons
No upward advancement for temporary paralegals.
Great employees and very organized
Temporary IP Litigation Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 16, 2015
Worked at Wilson Sonsini as floater litigation secretary and filling in for secretaries who were out or on vacation. Assisted any of the secretaries when they needed help with their assignments. E-filing documents on a daily basis; filing with state and federal courts, Dictation transcription, correspondence to clients, attorneys' time entry, scanning documents to the doc management system and hard files
Pros
great supervisor