Wilson Trailer Company Employee Reviews

Negative Experience
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Yankton, SDMarch 15, 2019
Pushed onto production floor way to quickly. Provided very little training in actually performing assigned job which led to uneeded confusion and stress for new hires. Very sink or swim environment. Very fast paced environment with time standards based on lean manufacturing. Decent coworkers that try to be helpful when you have an issue. Supervison is hit or miss depending on where your placed. Benefits start after 90 days unfortunately.
Pros
Excellent health insurance after 90 days, Good Wage for the area
Cons
Lack of training, pushed onto floor very quickly
Integrity of Management
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lennox, SDJanuary 1, 2019
My managers/supervisors were poor in professionalism. My supervisor played favorites, and never followed through on his words. The management was poor in quality in that we were promised, or guaranteed, improvements in our working methods. Although, when they either accomplished an improvement or not, they never let me, or my coworkers, know of any such improvements. We were left to just forget of such hopes and just keep working. Also, with the exception of a few, the majority of the people were lazy. One employee, came to me and proudly exclaimed, "I never overachieve." I saw and heard it from many others when they were supposed to do their jobs, fixing errors on a trailer, only to say, "That's not my problem, they should have done it right the first time." Hearing these proclamations were enough for me to know that this isn't a place anyone in their right mind should ever work.
Pros
Got two catered meals in 6 months
Cons
Everything else
It is a Job
Designer Drafter (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAFebruary 12, 2018
As a drafter, I made drawings and bills of materials for production and provided support for sales. There were a lot of opportunities to work overtime if you are into that. I found the customers demands to be the most stressful part of the job due to their illogical nature. It is a job, but I didn't consider it satisfying work.
Pros
Relaxed work environment.
Cons
Vacation plan is lacking.
good job
Machine Operator - Fabrication Department (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJanuary 30, 2018
Wilson Trailer has good co-workers pretty easy to get along with everyone including middle management. Hours were long, 4:30am start time was hard for a 10 hour shift.
Pros
good pay
Productive Work Environment
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAOctober 26, 2017
Everyone at Wilson is always trying to improve our product and enhance processes. There is also a good balance of work and fun. Everyone is easy to get along with and great to work with.
Best hopper trailers made!
Indiana Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, INSeptember 26, 2017
Good place to work, very busy and stressful during harvest time. Owners care about employees, children working in the company will take over some day.
Fast paced work environment, not much room for advancement in company, good benefits
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAAugust 13, 2017
If you are a hard worker this is the job for you. It's a fast paced environment but you need to have some mechanical abilities. They do on the job training and provide welding classes. It is a union shop so pay scale is set but top pay can be earned in 3.5 years.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Supervisors/management
I would not recommend this company for anyone
Welder/Fabricator, held many different positions (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJune 2, 2017
I've been there 9 years and I could explain all day why this company has become one to stay away from but I'll leave it at this, in the first part of 2017 they hired 72 people and 51 have quit. The pay is decent and getting off work at 3pm every day is hard to come by however the work environment is unpleasant to the point of nullifying any perks of working there. I'm sure there are worse places out there but I know there are better.
Pros
Off work at 3pm, $20 hr
Cons
Poor management all around, hostile work environment
A Good place to work
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lennox, SDMay 9, 2016
I enjoyed the management and fellow employees while I worked there.
Every day was a new challenge and that is what made the job exciting and rewarding.
I would recommend this company to anyone.
Family owned no policy in place to protect employees
Advanced welder (Current Employee) –  Moberly, moJuly 1, 2015
No policy's in place to protect employees. Management team does what they want.

Learned advanced welding while working here.
Policy's need to be in place about family managing family members and management associating with employees that they manage
Good place
Welder (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MOApril 26, 2013
I didnt work there very long but it was a fast paced environment. The place turned out some really good quality products and has a good employee work base to turn out the quality that needs to be done.
Pros
good pay
Cons
night shift