WilsonArt Employee Reviews

Productive work environment, great managment
Senior Designer (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 17, 2018
Great work environment, work space is beautiful. Management is very supportive and pushes you to grow with the company. Ability to grow with company. Great coworkers.
Pros
Domestic and international travel, good 401K, great managment
Cons
location
Design Specialist (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 11, 2018
I invested almost four years in my position at Wilsonart.
I cannot comment on my actual work experience here.
I met many good employees at Wilsonart.
Needed more employees in the departments there on a daily basis to keep up with the workload.
Pros
Wilsonart
Cons
Wilsonart
It is a job, better than some but worse than others
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Fletcher, NCJanuary 2, 2018
If you are needing a temporary job I will recommend them but for a career, stay away. I have been a material handler in the NC plant for almost 20 years and have never saw the moral so bad. It is better paying than most temp positions but they are developing a trend to not look after the long term employees. There is some great people who work here but the management in the distribution center is awful. It doesn’t do any good to try to transfer because our Human Resources department is horrible!! . If you need a job for now it will do though.
Pros
Swing shifts =time off
Sell Engineered Surfaces
Sales/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJDecember 14, 2017
Sell Engineered Surfaces. Work with fabricators and kitchen and bath dealers as well as Mill Work Shops, lumber yards and plumbing supply. Travel daily
Good Place to Work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 16, 2017
Many different roles to offer from manufacturing to administrative and specialty fields such as Accounting, Sales, Marketing, Design, andProject Management.
Wilsonart is a great job for temps.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 14, 2017
I would love to work at wilsonart, the downfall is that they do not hire someone usually until a job opens up, which is rare. Other than that the salary is great, and the job is fulltime.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Lack of job openings
Infrastructure manager is awesome!
Imaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 18, 2017
I loved my temporary job as a refresh tech for Wilsonart! Pay as a contractor wasn't all that good, but working for the IT dept was a pure joy. They treated me well and in turn I did the best job I could
Pros
No mircomanaging
Cons
In the last 5 years, everyone was stessed about CDR having cutbacks because they could not meet their numbers
System Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 19, 2017
Since CDR became the controlling management for Wilsonart it has become a business to avoid working for. They set goals and when you work and attain the goals set for you, they change your goals to unattainable goals with the resources they provide.
Benefits
Cons
Management, and CDR owner
Easy work, but very boring and long
Plate Operator (Current Employee) –  Fletcher, NCJune 14, 2017
They have good pay but you have to work swing shift which are from 8am-6pm or 10pm-8am. The whole time you are at work you just stand at the press and slide and flip laminate sheets the whole night. It is also very hot in the plant, but after working 3 weeks you get 5 days off so its not bad.
Pay
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 7, 2017
A established company that was started in 1956.lead in the laminate industry. Foreign and domestic facilities. Customer oriented with excellent benefits and opportunities for advancement of desired. Unique work schedule with time off every week.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Night work.
Behind the times
Operations (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXApril 15, 2017
Wilsonart has a very non-progressive work culture. Most of the processes and equipment are very outdated and there isn't a clear path from management on how or if they plan to change this.
Factory setting
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 10, 2017
Hot, Sweaty, and difficult. However, for all the labor you do you are compensated very well. I would say this is a good first job to have, that is what it was for me.
Temporary Employee
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 20, 2016
Worked in the Temple plant as a temporary Warehouse Assistant. I had no real warehouse experience before showing up. Foreman was very helpful and put me with an experienced worker to show me the ropes. Be ready to work! If you don't know anything, you need to have an open mind. Pulling an order, driving a buggy, maneuvering a forklift safely, putting away a run: all important and necessary to become part of the team. Some of the days are long, starts are early, but you might get a few days in a row off. Positive experience. I'd go back if I needed money.
Pros
Plenty of work, good pay, good people
Cons
Days are long, warehouse is hot in the summer
I liked what I did but it was a hard job.
Inside Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 31, 2016
A typical day was being on the phone for 8 hours a day pretty much non-stop. I loved my customers but did not get a lot of time to meet them face to face as often as I would have liked.
Pros
I loved all of my customers and co-workers
Cons
not any room for advancement
Bad management
Stacker Operator (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 31, 2016
Well it was a great place to work until i lost my grandmother and they fired me for missing work
But the guys i work with was bery helpful . but they made you work your days off and someone calls in from another shift by drafting you to there shift
Pros
Good employee
Cons
Bad management
good started job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 15, 2016
It was a good start out of high school making good money but was not a career. the management was terrible and very one sided. Another thing was we never had a life out side of work because they had us working very long hours.
Great place
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 25, 2016
No complaints! People really care and take time to answer your questions. Many people that have worked there over 20 years and that says a lot about the company.
quality
Quality Associate (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXApril 10, 2016
use to be great job until they took all the benefits away. i would not go back to work for this company ., i rana press, and was inquality control
Great paying job
warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Fletcher, NCDecember 17, 2015
10 hour shifts that rotate. Great company with great benefits. It has medical, dental, vision, along with sick days and paid vacation time
Down-sizing
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 25, 2015
Company is downsizing. Was a great place to work. Located in Temple Texas.Has facilities in other states.Its hot in Texas.