WINCHESTER COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH CENTER

WINCHESTER COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH CENTER Employee Reviews

Not much advancement possibilities
I wish they would've taken into consideration my interest in helping the Spanish speaking patients more in providing interpretation services to them. I found it very unethical to have underage patients interpret for parents when it comes to mental health-related things. They posted a sign saying if they wanted interpretation they would pay $25 additional for it when they needed to provide it if they accept Medicaid and I told them this and offered to work as an interpreter after I completed my medical interpreter training but they didn't want to pay me to do it.
Excellent training facility
WCMHC offers a great opportunity to get your hours as a practicum student, intern, or Resident in Counseling. They also have mental health nurse practitioner students working closely with medical staff. There is a great variety of clients, from children through elders, group work for substance abuse and mental health stabilization, and opportunities to coordinate with governmental services for clients.
Workplace for those willing/wanting to learn and can motivate themselves
When I first started at WCMHC, I was apprehensive at the face paced environment and was worried I wouldn’t be able to learn the job duties and responsibilities. The employees at WCMHC were supportive and helped me succeed. I was hired on with some others at the time, for the same position and it wasn’t long before the others quit. They couldn't understand the job, lacked motivation, and only wanted to socialize and gossip. WCMHC is not a place for individuals looking to float by. If you are motivated to learn the job and actually show up for work, then you’ll succeed and grow. It’s that simple. If you want to gain knowledge and experience working in Behavioral Health, this place is for you.
Pros
Supportive Staff and management, pleasant atmosphere, paid lunches, job advancement, learning center
Cons
No paid benefits
Meh
I took this job straight out of school under the impression that I would be compensated at $65/hour, which is low but doable. Turns out they meant $65 per FILLED hour (ie $16 per patient give or take). I didn’t last long at all.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Liars
Bad place
No advancement, no benefits, no guaranteed pay. Best for someone working part time with a spouse making all the income, or in retirement. No supportive atmosphere.
Pros
Get your internship hours as a grad student.
Cons
Inconstant schedule, low pay, no benefits
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Wouldn't work there again
They don't pay fairly. I did a lot of work that i didn't get paid for. There isn't enough support there and not enough training to do a job correctly.
Not the worst, but no where near the best
I took this position in order to gain the 1 year of direct clinical experience the field of psychology so desperately needs in order to pay you above “entry level”. While I planned to be there only for this time, I did enjoy my coworkers and hoped there would be opportunities to progress within my department in which there were none, at least none offered to me. I was able to gain a few certifications that some companies may not have funded, making my resume more rounded. Overall, the disorganization and lack of a final say in management/administration made the job stressful as well as the low wages I was earning & lack of benefits making the job unsustainable for my lifestyle.
Pros
Free trainings & certifications, flexible hours, occasional company lunches
Cons
No benefits, low wages, lack of advancement, management issues
Fun workplace with great people
I truly enjoyed my time at WCMHC. I learned an immense amount in such a short period of time working there and was privileged to be able to work numerous positions. My coworkers and the people there were very kind and inspiring. The only negative part of my job was the low compensation and lack of benefits.
Pros
free lunches, learn a lot, great coworkers
Cons
lack of benefits, low pay
Okay work environment, pay isnt great
This employer is fairly good to work for. They are very nice people, bu there are no benefits available, and the pay is not competitive for the area. All in all, not a bad place to start when entering into the healthcare industry, but not somewhere you could really make a career.
Enjoyed working with the clients
I enjoyed working with the clients. Management and higher ups chose favorites. No benefits or health insurance. Not compensated fairly. No good training opportunity. I was def self taught 90% of my job.
Pros
Paid Lunches
Cons
two faced managers, no paid time off, no health insurance, not compensated fairly
Doctors office for mental health patients
Great clients and great hours! Co workers are really nice and it is a fast paced environment. Holidays off is also nice! There is a pre hospitalization program that they offer as well as just outpatient program.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at WINCHESTER COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8