Winchester Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Racist
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MAMay 31, 2018
If you're a person of color/minority, the staff and patients are very racist. Be aware and go with tough skin. But otherwise, everyone was very compassionate to providing high care.
Poor Experience x 3
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Winchester, MAMay 23, 2018
I worked in various departments at WH, in various roles, over 10 years. There are some good eggs, but they are watered down by social cliques that become exhausting to work around. Management is just as much at fault, for contributing to this culture. Being a new staff member, to the hospital, department, or even to a new shift, immediately means being on the outside of a team. They are not accepting of new staff, and seeking an extra hand, or even asking questions, makes you look weak. Being accepted, is very difficult, and the catty gossip is exhausting and juvenile.
great
Licensed Medical Esthetician (Current Employee) –  Winchester, MAMay 18, 2018
great place to work to work very caring staff well organized and a lot of different environments. Im not sure the pay but it seems like a great environment.
Great place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MAMay 16, 2018
I loved every second of working here. The whole hospital operates as a team and you feel like you're all family. My training was fantastic and I never felt like I didn't know how to do my job.
Volunteering at the Winchester Hospital was an important way to help with my goals in the future as a medical receptionist.
Registration Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MAMay 5, 2018
I volunteered at Winchester Hospital from February 1984 to April 1988. I volunteered in many areas such as coffee shop, messenger, and most important the Registration Desk where I helped meet and greet patients in to the hospital. It was important way to help with my goals in the future as a medical receptionist.
Pros
Meeting and Greeting patients
Cons
Worst place in the world for anyone to work!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MAApril 19, 2018
The organization cares about the bottom line only. They do not care about the employees. They are corrupt from management to the top executive level. Since Lahey Medical Center acquired the hospital it is even worse.
Pros
Cons
unscrupulous, complicity, conspiracy, unprincipled, concealment, immoral, underhanded
Winchester you let yourself go
Slave (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MAApril 7, 2018
Worked at Winchester for many years.......then the takeover happened. Since Lahey took over Winchester has gone down the tubes. This was a respectable fun place to work and now its absolutely miserable. It has gone from a top place to work to bottom of the barrel. Management doesnt listen or care, benefits are changed and taken away constantly raises are a joke. You are constantly working short staffed and in some departments they have laid off people and have doubled up the work load of the other employees to compansate for the ones they laid off. (No money compansation for doing two peoples job). I wouldnt recommend working in this place to my worst enemy. I will say that the staff is friendly and great to work with, they do the best they can with what they have. Management needs to wake up and stop being Laheys puppet on a string. Go back to what Winchester use to stand for, its such a sad situation to see what you have become.

Heres some words of advice to Managment

Happy employees equal happy customers.
Take care of your employees they'll take care of your customers.
Pros
None anymore
Cons
Management, Constantly short staffed, Very low hospital morale, lack of communication, poor benefits, unable to take earned vacation when you want
Not great outpatient managers
Outpatient Nurse in Gynecology and Oncology (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MAMarch 10, 2018
I left MGH to go to Winchester and it was not a great move. I had a baby and did not go back.
Manager in outpatient setting was not knowledgable about the disease conditions we were working with or my new job description.
Pros
not city
Cons
Staff not super knowledgable
workplace culture
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MAMarch 5, 2018
Winchester Hospital was a great place to work. I worked at many positions working. Loved the work, people and the patients were great. The managers were very helpful and always lending a hand.
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
not a lot of flexibility
Stressful workplace. Feel like your concern are never heard
LPN (Current Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAMarch 3, 2018
Very fast paced work environment . Frequently short staffed. No raise in 3 years to keep up with cost of living. Feel that voiced concerns are not taken seriously
Excellent work situation
Senior Cytotechnologist (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MAMarch 1, 2018
Off site pathology laboratory with plenty of free parking.Modern Pathology department and friendly working staff.Location was easy to get to and in a desirable area of Woburn.
Pros
Relaxed environment Free parking
An honor to work with such professional people.
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Winchester, MAFebruary 20, 2018
I worked with a group of highly educated, dedicated, professionals that made it their personal responsibility to make each patients experience in the O.R. safe, and as comfortable as possible. It was an honor to work with such a group, and I plan to bring that work ethic and teamwork with me to any future employer.
Excellent
Help Desk Technical Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 25, 2018
#1 Healthcare Business Journal and #1 Hospital to Work.

I Enjoy working for Winchester Hospital.

Their Heal Service is Good.

Their Food is Good.
fast paced environment
Environmental Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Winchester, MAJanuary 17, 2018
coworkers are friendly and they offer good benefits. You learn how do get along with diverse personalities and multitask helping out others. its a fast paced environment so the day does go by rather quickly and the management is fair to the employees
Great Medical care but Very Poor management whent LAhey Took over.
Help Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MAJanuary 12, 2018
Hospital was run very well and a great environment to work in until Lahey took over and totally ruined the work environment. They have no clue what they are doing except they needed bodies to do work that was poorly planned and organized. Turnover rates are high and the work environment still has deteriorated. People were out for their own good and there was little to no sharing of information or experience. I left because Lahey wanted me to relocate to Burlington offices after cutting my hours from 40-50 per week to 16 per week. Was not worth it. Winchester Hospital does continue to provide top notch medical care to patients thanks to their dedicated medical staffs. The management of Lahey is like a Chinese fire drill with positions changing all the time and no continuity of sending clear strategies to the management staffs not only at Winchester but at the other hospitals Lahey merged with....Beverly, Gloucester.
Friendly, small hospital with great safety and quality health care.
Manager of Administration (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MADecember 8, 2017
Friendly collaborative supportive environment. Changing culturally along with the national health care environment. Reliable, fair employer with satisfactory benefits. Provides many discounts for employees on cafeteria food, over the counter medications, pharmaceuticals, Verizon, BJs, etc.
Pros
Customer focused very caring environment.
Cons
Employee parking shuttle system unreliable. On site lunch only.
Intensive care unit nurse manager (Current Employee) –  Winchester, MANovember 30, 2017
None. I would rather not discuss this due to the fact that I still work at this hospital, however there is favoritism and discrimination in this institution against minorities.
Great company to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 27, 2017
Busy but rewarding work place, with great management. Hardest part of the job was patient load was heavy but the unit had great team work. The most rewarding was the people, not just co workers but patients and there families.
Great place to be an employee or a patient
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MANovember 20, 2017
The nursing care it top notch. The food is great. Management is approachable. The facility is state of the art. Everyone is friendly and approachable.
per diem
Facilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MANovember 17, 2017
stay away,
Management treats you very poorly. almost illegally .
It will catch up to them in a matter of time. need to meet employee standards as equals per diem or contract work.
Winchester does not
Pros
not any
Cons
per Diem are not recognized