Winchester House Employee Reviews

patients make me laugh
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJune 18, 2018
my job at Winchester House is great ,I love the residents every day when i am coming to work i look forward to have a good laugh the residents always say something to me that makes me laugh.
good center
Aide (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILFebruary 12, 2018
its a good center. my aunt is a patient so i came to work here too. the care is good, the staff is better and i have a schedule to work around another job
Pros
flex schedule
i liked my job
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILSeptember 19, 2017
Benefits and salary are good, probably better than my last job. Staffing ratios can be a little high at times, but it depends on the floor and shift. To be fair, I would say, sometimes good, sometimes high. The scheduler works around my other job and makes it easy to put my two work schedules together.
understaffed and at times unsuitable working conditions
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJune 19, 2017
Nice staff to work with at times, however difficult to get help do to turnover and being understaffed all the time. Moral was low, always working holidays and weekends was unfair and not balanced within all the staff.
new coworkers
CNA (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJune 12, 2017
I was one of about 10 new CNAs hired at about the same time. Some of the old timers are not the most helpful during training, but my new coworkers and I get along great. We could use some more CNAs & I’ve referred some of my friends to work here too. Once you get past the stress of training and settle in, it’s a good place to be.
good administrator
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMay 1, 2017
its an old building, but its clean. the patients are well cared for. I float within the center and see a variety of different patients. The administrator and members of the regional team actually ask for my opinion. they are builidng a new facility in Mundeline soon and I cant wait to work in it. there is a lot of family interaction/involvement.
Pros
the iCare program
Winchester
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILApril 25, 2017
I very much enjoyed my time with my elderlies. They taught me a lot about life and experiences I will never forget. I met amazing people and lost amazing people. That job made my heart way to big!
Productive place
Activity Aide (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJanuary 9, 2017
I love working at Winchester House would do it all over again. Has its ups and down but what job doesn't. Manager was pretty awesome, HR could be a little better honestly but overall good place.
Pros
Fun with residents
Cons
Pay was not good enough
Enjoyed the job. Enjoyed working with the Residents and co-workers.
Central Supply Manager (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILDecember 2, 2016
Being able to multi task in a very busy environment. Not having a dull moment. Learning new products and procedures with the help of doctors and nurses.
Pros
Learning and staying active.
Cons
Not being able to have a break.
Great Administrator
Director of Strategic Initiatives (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILAugust 23, 2016
Winchester house is great place to work. The hardest part of the job is working with Union as their is a big disconnect between Union and nonunion employees
great patients and families
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMay 29, 2016
Rewarding work! Great patients and families. poor management. Very few supports for employees are provided by mgt. Problems with upper managment and constant turnover.
Pros
enjoyable work
Cons
poor management
good therapy team
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMarch 14, 2016
I work closely with the other disciplines and we have a pretty good relationship with the nursing staff. It’s a pretty typical caseload of post op ortho, deconditioning and occasional neuro patients. I have the equipment I need to make functional gains and they are not constantly pestering me about productivity numbers.
Pros
restorative program, MDS coordinator
Patient Care Matters
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMarch 14, 2016
I’ve been here for a few months and have been impressed with the professionalism of the managers and the compassion of my coworkers. We really are trying to provide the best care. Unlike the previous reviews, I do not see any issues with being understaffed. The scheduling goes smoothly and I am not working overtime or double shifts. I like it here.
Pros
the support from my peers is great
good patient care
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILDecember 11, 2015
The new management has made lots of changes. Changes in the floor plans to reduce call response times, adjustments to the schedules to decrease overtime, better fall prevention programs and they even threw a holiday party for the staff yesterday. My job is going well here.
Pros
the people I work with
Long term care facility, my first job as CNA
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILOctober 22, 2015
A great place to work for. Took care of elderly residents with their activities of daily living. Long hours and sometimes short staffed.
Pros
Working with the residents
Cons
Always short staffed
good changes
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILAugust 31, 2015
Winchester House is now part of Transitional Care Management. While they have only been here a short time we are already seeing positive impacts. Our morning meetings run smoother; they have more structure and are more productive. They are hiring more staff to decrease over time and we have a new administrator that is actively involved.
Very flexible and comfortable environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJune 12, 2015
I enjoy the relaxed atmosphere and the different nationalities and cultures on the job. Its a good opportunity to round out my personality and embrace this climate of diversity!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILSeptember 23, 2014
A typical day at my job, begins with taking care of 10 plus residents.
I assist them, with their daily activities rather its assisting them to the bathroom, to helping them at dinner time. After dinner I assist all my residents to bed. Which most of my residents are total care I do most of the work, I have probably 1 or 2 residents that can do things by themselves with visual assistance.
great people, and excellent education
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILApril 3, 2014
Working with Alzheimer's and Dementia is rewarding. the people are wonderful and the staff can be great as well. I learned better time management and was always busy. Sometimes short staffed and sometimes management refuses to listen. Management is also incredibly unorganized and slightly uneducated. hardest part is when you have taken care of some one for a while and you become acquainted with them, when they pass away it can be hard. the job is physically and emotionally demanding but also very rewarding.
Pros
fun, challenging, educational
Cons
poor management
CNA internship
CNA (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJanuary 30, 2014
I intern at Winchester House, I gain a lot of knowledge on health working here . As I am going in to health systems management, It give me a CNA point of view in working in clinical site of the health care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winchester House. Our community is ready to answer.

Winchester House Reviews by Location