Winchester Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun fast paced work environment
ADJUSTER (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSMarch 18, 2018
have a meeting at start of shift/find out which machines you're going to run/hit the floor and check your machines over/make all necessary adjustments then relax and let them run
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
short breaks
Very productive and hard work
Customer service provider (Former Employee) –  Del Mar, CAFebruary 15, 2018
I have worked at the fair for many years, our family friend owns most of the fairgrounds throughout the U.S. Working at the carnival is fun but hard work. My pay was commission so I had to work extra hard to call people in. As a young lady it was easy for me to convence and attract many customers. I usually had lead at the end of the nights. This means I made over 1,000 dollars or more every day. The hardest part of the job was working till 8am- till 2am everyday. But overall I enjoy working at the fair, because of this I now have great customer service and much more.
Pros
Made over 3, 500 in three weeks
Cons
lots of drunk and rude people, working long hours, only a few breaks without the day, boss was mean at times
It's an good place to work every work place has up & downs.
Adjustor/forklift (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSJanuary 2, 2018
It's a good place to work. They have the best benifits, their fmla rules are crazy some managers have they picks & chooses everyone is not treated equally but over all it's a nice job .
Pros
Free lunches good benefits
Cons
Gotta pay to call home no phones inside the building at all not even on break
Good job field
Utility Operato/float (Former Employee) –  Oxford msDecember 27, 2017
The only downside to working at Winchester is that it is hard to get off of 2nd shift or 3rd Shift so if you have a family with alternate hours it's little bit harder to get time to spend with them
Residents were number one priority
LPN Unit Manager, Evergreen Health and Rehab (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 22, 2017
Although I loved the residents I took care of, the work environment itself (management) lacked people skills and at times seemed somewhat uncaring of staff and residents.
Pros
close to home
Cons
stressful work place
Watch you back
BALLISTICS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSOctober 9, 2017
Be careful working at Winchester. You must watch your back at all times. people are always ready to stab you in the back for the betterment of themselves.
winchester
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  oxford msAugust 24, 2017
Working can sometimes get a little hard. I like my because I am sitting down doing my job. The hours is what I don't like I work from 3:30p.m to 11:30p.m. I'm just looking for a good job that will fit me. So that I can be with my daughter after school and get better rest.
I hated working there. It was like a prison.
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSAugust 15, 2017
Bullet assembly was the absolute worst job I have ever worked. The machines sucked and so did the management. They expected you to be able to do things that you weren't taught to do.
Cons
Short breaks
Very fast paced, and quality is a must
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  33 cr166oxford ms 38655August 12, 2017
Long hours and all members work together. Some days I hours are required to be 10 to 12 three days per week. We must produce quality product and in a timely fashion the business is located on Industrial Park Road and the location is 33 County Road 166 Oxford Mississippi 3/8 655 then building is on the left
Winchester can be a stressful place to work if you are an adjustor
Adjustor (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSAugust 11, 2017
Stressful but pays well. Adjustors work hard to produce start up material. Working conditions could be better far as air conditioning and longer break
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Short breaks and need air
winchester review
adjuster (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSMay 4, 2017
this was a great place to work great people great supervisor learned a lot all around great place to work not a hard job pretty laid back but could be stressful at times
Nice place
UTILITY OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSMarch 10, 2017
Good place to work and good working condition people are very nice the city of oxfordms is a good city for a family life and community is good also nothing bad about it
Good
Love the job.
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Winchester, INAugust 28, 2016
Love the kids.But need a full time job at this point in my life. Agreat place to work. Everyone gets along and are very caring.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Only apart time job, can't have more than 30hours
Horrible work environment and job culture
Machine operator, Capping 2nd shift (Former Employee) –  Capping second shiftJuly 9, 2016
The department I was working with was capping. Micromanaging foremen. Too worried about disciplinary action, rather than educating an operator to avoid a problem. Policy driven discipline. Substandard ethical lens. Many of the problems that arose were due to the inability of management to address them from an educational point of view. My training was substandard from a senior employee...not a foreman. Equipment is over 150 years old with many mechanical, electrical issues. Parts are worn and need replacement. Department head refuses to acknowledge that there are quality issues stemming from worn machinery and careless operations. What I have learned is to recognize a hostile work environment and how to avoid those types of workplaces. I've learned now how I could have engaged my foreman better by seeking to view his stance via a proper ethical lens and how better to diffuse conflicts. My co-workers were also hostile and cut-throat. Everyone is worried about keeping their job rather than relaxing and concentrating on enhancing performance. Help is only available via personal problem solving. Foreman are absent for 80% of a given day. Upper management could benefit by sending middle management to obtain proper training. Most enjoyable part of the job was punching out at the end of the day.
Pros
great benefit package, competitive pay.
Cons
hostile work environment, substandard management.
Awesome Office
RMA (Current Employee) –  Dr. BishopJune 6, 2016
I have really enjoyed these 6 years in the office. They are compassionate about their patients care and maintaining patient care. Nothing is ever repetition, my co-workers focus on their jobs and the patients that they deal with on a day to day basis. Our patients are not just a number but individuals that deserve our attention and deserve the best care we can give.
Productive and fun environment, wonderful food.
Prep/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2016
A typical day at work is very busy. My chef is hard and doesn't accept anything less than perfection. Management is firm and keeps employees extremely focused. Sometimes the pressure is the hardest part of the job, however, I still enjoy it because I'm doing what I love.
fast paced, hard work
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 12, 2016
You prep specials ever day, work hard, and pick up jobs that need to be done. It is a great place to start your culinary career.
Pros
free food on your shift
Cons
hard to balance work and school
Lantz Construction Company of Winchester, Inc is a good place to work
Project Managers; Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 3, 2015
The owners and managers of Lantz Constuction Company are good people to work for.

The offer flexible schedules to support both your work life and family life. The offer competitive wages and benefits.
Pros
Flexibility
Fast paced Production Work
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  East Alton,Il.March 27, 2015
I learned good communication skills. team work to achieve high ,and good quality production. Enjoyed the challenge of trouble shooting to get the job done right and meeting the expectations of the responsibilities management had me responsible for. great relationships with my co-workers. Not knowing if you would get to go home and work over until the last minute was the hardest part of my job.
Pros
great benefits, descent pay.
Cons
having clean coveralls, and metatarsal steel toe boots that fit correctly provide, Unnecessary overtime.
Team oriented, friendly environment.
Admiistrative Assistant/Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2014
Team oriented, friendly environment.
My focus was with clients and I did administrative tasks for the President and Managing Partners.

Detail oriented tasks, met deadlines.