WinCo Foods Employee Reviews

Found 1,138 reviews matching the search See all 1,140 reviews
fast paced, hard work
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington StateOctober 15, 2018
Good management, decent hours that change weekly, good benefits, crazy face paced hard working environment. I really enjoy the company of my co-workers, the job itself is my least favorite it really hard dirty work.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
no fixed schedule, hard physical labor and it's a messy job
Is a very busy, fast paced position making my shift pass quickly.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 12, 2018
As a cashier I am constantly busy with checking out customers groceries, which I enjoy as the time goes very quickly. I work part-time in the evenings, 4 hours a shift. This type of shift works perfect for me.
Pros
Like my management and co-workers
Cons
Wish pay were higher
Ok job depending on what your preferences are
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 12, 2018
I was going to college while working here so it was a good fit for my schedule at the time. Co-workers were great, it's fast paced for the majority of the time so your shift goes by fast and managers were good about getting you onto your breaks or out of the check stand to go home on time.
Cons for me were they would try to call me in on days they knew I couldn't work because of school and they had attitude towards me for declining the shift, they constantly said my customer service needed to be better but most of the customers for that area did not speak English and as part time they don't offer any benefits.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Apple valley,caOctober 10, 2018
Good paying job,very good benefits eye an dentist benefits are outstanding, a long with the health..looking for a decent job to work and get promoted quick. Training can be alot better. Overall it's not a bad place to work..
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Hours vary
Okay place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAOctober 10, 2018
Winco was an okay place to work just wish they paid there employees more. Not sure if it change since I worked there, But when I did it was not enough to live off.
A productive company with a bright future
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 10, 2018
What I learned is from doing carts, cashier, floor, and maintenance work keep me busy and learning new things. A hard working place and management willing to teach you when something new you have to learn.
Pros
having stock a potential retirement
Cons
the points system and unknown rules
Great company
Pricing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 9, 2018
Very much enjoyed my job unfortunately had to quit and relocate. Trying to return to the company. They have great affordable benefits. I love the relationships you build with your fellow associates and customers.
Pros
Feeling like your part of a family
Cons
Depending on location advancement
FRIEGHT CLERK (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAOctober 9, 2018
Overall it's a great experience and can be fun. It's very busy during the day and just as busy at night. Working nights you dont notice time passing till they call break.
If you have prior grocery experience I would advise avoiding this place entirely
Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington StateOctober 9, 2018
Everyone starts off at the same pay regardless of previous experience in grocery or a specific department, which is basically minimum wage. There aren't any full-time positions in the store besides managers but they will have you work 40 hours for weeks consistently while still being called part-time and drop your hours in the blink of a eye without much warning (down to 24 hours easily or worse for other departments). Work raises are absolutely pathetic, you can expect to rack up about .10 per hour raise every year if you're lucky and it caps out for part-timers (all non-managers) after about 6-7 years with nothing else to offer unless you go after a management position. As for management positions there is basically no incentive for people to move up before the 6 or 7 years because you just get that .10 raise until your training is up and the company decide to ship you off to some other state to prove that you're loyal to the company. This company also has the most strict rules I've ever seen, its extremely ridiculous. It's only a 2 minute grace period to clock in, clock out and for lunch breaks even if it's 3 seconds over that grace period expect to have a talk from a manager and to start racking up points which can easily add up and get you fired very quickly. If you're young and don't have any work experience or going through college this might not be a bad gig for you, but for people looking to make a livable wage you would probably have better luck working at a Wal-Mart, which basically all this place is...a glorified Wal-mart that doesn't even treat their employees as  more... well.  less
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Terrible pay, inconsistent hours, overly strict rules
Productive Good Place to Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CA 92393October 9, 2018
Hours are very flexible. Fellow staff members are easy and nice to work with. Consumers are for the most part, happy with the food items available and love the prices.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons

Want to know more about WinCo Foods?

Ask a question
Fast paced
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, OROctober 5, 2018
Great place to work need to be young and not worry about having a life but are paid for it .nice people to work for put your time in and you are taking care of.
Pros
Good money
Cons
lots of over time
Everything about the job/workplace is very calm and collected.
Cart Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 5, 2018
Before the interview I thought the workplace would be a little unorganized and everyone would be doing their own thing. After having the interview and working for a while I got to know some people and little better, had a better understanding of the work place and my previous thoughts have now been turned completely around.
Pros
Job is fairly easy overall
Cons
Short breaks, short lunch
Not enough hours
Cart attendant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 4, 2018
My experience was not a very positive one as I was told one thing but nothing ever happened. I was not even given enough hours to live my life and it was very disappointing
Fast Paced, Good Pay, Hard Work
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Woodburn, OROctober 2, 2018
Fast paced work environment where orders picked are timed, co-workers and management for the most part are friendly and helpful. Work/Life balance can be difficult due to mandatory overtime. Seniority based workplace with the workplace culture that would be expected with it.
Pros
Paid Lunch, Plenty of overtime available
Cons
Only 20 minutes for lunch, overtime can be mandatory at times
Good Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 28, 2018
I liked working there. It was a fun place to work. The people were all very nice. The job was very busy. They worked with the employees schedules. Over all great place to work
Fast pace environment and a lot of adventurous moments
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lacey, WASeptember 26, 2018
Giving high level of customer service are precious and gladly to serve customers. Learned different characteristic of different people and fulfilled duties.
work friendly envioriment
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 26, 2018
the workers and management were very polite. they were very flexible with hours. when you needed help everyone was more than willing to lend a hand in whatever way they could
Pros
work envorment, hours
Cons
short lunch
quick paced and rewarding
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORSeptember 25, 2018
Fast hands are needed for this job. lots of customers and a full day's work is ahead of you as a WinCo cashier. The benefits are great because WinCo is employee owned and after a while, each employee gets some type of a share in stocks.
Pros
fast paced days
Cons
tiring
Good Job
Produce Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Busy store but many employees and managers to help with great attitudes. Always hours and shifts available to be worked. Departments are click-ish sometimes drama.
Pros
gaurenteed hours
Cons
point system for clock in early clock out late
Had an amazing time working at winco
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDSeptember 23, 2018
Everyone was supported and kind. it felt like a family working at Winco and everyone help each other. the only hard part i'd say when it's a slow day; you get bored very quickly but once customers are rushing in then it's entertaining.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WinCo Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

87out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at WinCo Foods.

Powered by Comparably