WinCo Foods Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,084 reviews matching the search See all 1,085 reviews
Management Review
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  ArizonaAugust 13, 2018
Typical day at work was 8-5 with hour lunches for management. I learned a lot of market trends and systematical processes in regards to inventory, product knowledge, company functions, management skills, and more importantly personnel skills. There were lots of opportunities within the organization and tons of help from upper-management in regards to advancing in your current or future roles. WinCo was very family-oriented in its structure. There were lots of meetings showing the spirit of their business model leading the market in low prices. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast paced work style but that was also the hardest part. It tends to take its toll on you over time as it's constantly go-go-go. I enjoyed Winco for the management experience and overall insight I was able to obtain as the company grew into other states.
Pros
Hours, pay, stock program, training, advancement, culture
Cons
Work holidays and weekends.
depending on the store great people but over all shotty management.
Customer Service Winco (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ORAugust 10, 2018
they are cracking down on everything including how often you can go tot he restroom or how long you take. So other then them starting to be a dictatorship they are great.
Pros
health care
Cons
everything else
Not updated regarding to clocking in and out/Language barrier
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, CAAugust 10, 2018
With regards to clocking in and out, the company still uses the logbook for those agency hired and not the biometrics or ID scanning. Most of the workers hired in the warehouse speak little english which make communication and interaction harder.
Talk with your coworkers while working.
Freight Clerk (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UTAugust 8, 2018
It use to be fun we could talk and also laugh know its just quite. We are constantly changing managers and changing our work pace so its very difficult to keep up with especially if they expect it at a fast moving space.
Pros
Cookouts and special lunches for Holidays.
Cons
Short breaks and constantly changing managers.
Fun and friendly environment! Felt like a family.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UT 84403August 8, 2018
Even though getting used to a new manager was a process, the support of all the employees and the friendliness of them was amazing! As long as you showed up to work on time and did your job, everything was great! The store I worked at was really good with teamwork and making everyone feel as if they were welcome! I learned a wide variety of new things as I bounced around between cashier, customer service, bookkeeping and pricing! Every day was a new adventure. The most important thing I learned was that as long as everyone in the team worked like a team things were far easier and more fun.
Pros
teamwork, variety, friendly environment, great location
Cons
Not enough new employees taking the job serious.
Its not that fun
Meat wrapper,frieght clerk,forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2018
It a good company to start ur career ,they teach rookies what work is and how to ne done,everyday working to is another day for to make fun,but im looking for another job now,well the hardest part of the is when thier shirt of crew,the manager want everybody to be perfect and fast so they can sit around and watch...
Sweat shop enviroment
Freight Crew (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 6, 2018
Pushed every minute to work harder to only be sent home early. Nothing you do is good enough they time you on everything and write you up if you don't meet there demands.all they care about is meeting target and can care less if you can pay your bills. Management changes often and you must adjust to the new guy in charge. One manager may like your work ethic and the next may not. If you need a job you'll need 2-3 jobs to make it because winco doesn't give hrs but you can pick up extra shifts sometimes. If your young and can make it past the 2 yr mark and get hrs it does have excellent retirement over all I've worked for worst employers and I've worked for better
Pros
The people
winco
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 5, 2018
The company is good but not enough hours. i enjoy the surrounding of my department. I learn soo much and enjoy it so much but not enough hours for me to work at.
fun workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 4, 2018
talk to customers and give them exact change. you basically just scan items as fast as you can without squishing the customers groceries. Can get a little boring.
Clueless
GROCERY CLERK (Current Employee) –  Union Gap, WAAugust 2, 2018
The Company of WinCo offers a great lie, that they are employee focused and customer driven when in fact they are about making the sale and nothing more. They will crush any and all employees below them the stand higher. Management has no clue what they are wanting and they don't care whos bodies they climb over in the process.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
never able to earn enough hours to get it
fun people but not a great place to earn
Retail Stocker (Former Employee) –  Monmouth, ORJuly 30, 2018
my job started out great and i really loved it, but they change management on night shift every three months and they go through shift leads like little kids go through shoes. Eventually I went from a very accomdating,very laid back boss, to a overbearing put people in cliques situation. I was getting an average of 25-30 hours then they switched management and went to 15-0 hours. Suddenly newer ppl that had been there in a shorter time span than me were getting promoted and raises and hours while I fighted for scraps
Pros
The ppl I worked with
Cons
managment
Pay and benefits are great
Freight Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 21, 2018
The health benefits are amazing, very cheap and excellent coverage. My entire family was covered. You have to work at least 100hrs to get benefits but very worth it
Benefits
Cons
Short lunches short breaks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORJuly 20, 2018
Fast paced. Flexible schedule. Wish the salary was more in line with cost of living. Manager is very respectful of employees. Cashier job is challenging and fun. Great group of employees. Very supportive of one another.
Pros
Employee stock option. Flexible schedule. Fast paced. Respectful.
Cons
Short breaks because breakroom is in the rear of building.
Great Company
Multi-Purpose Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 18, 2018
Nice company to work for, opportunities for employees to work their way up. Can own stock in company and has great benefits. Management cares about its employees.
Unappreciated efforts and underwhelming management
Cart Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDJuly 17, 2018
It was my second real job, and I was excited. Until week two of hauling carts in 100 degree weather, and then I wanted to leave.

I stuck with it. After about a year, I was offered a trainee slot in the meat department. It seemed really great to me, until I realized that, due to my age (I was 16 at the time working full time through high school) I couldn't be paid as a full fledged 'meat department' employee, which would have been about a six dollar per hour raise. I guess I wasn't worth it to them.
It’s a 50/50
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAJuly 17, 2018
That was a good company to work for but store managers and supervises they have they own favorites people and I was more like to be at work do my job and go home they start changing everything they start making they own rules the manager start supporting the employees on stad to support managers whit managers it was a little different than I expected
Pros
No free launches
Cons
A raises store manager
Good place to wirk
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North las vegasJuly 16, 2018
I liked working there. The only reason I left was I need a change. WINCO had a good advancement program. They helped their people to become better at their jobs.
productive place
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  McMinnville, ORJuly 15, 2018
it was a great place to work at. had a great time. lots of other good employees. best job i have been in so far. has a great health care system, and great management.
Pros
health care, break room, good employees
Cons
sick pay system.
Performance based warehouse with great employee culture!
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tolleson, AZJuly 15, 2018
WinCo Foods is a great place to work they really care about employees. They have great benefits 40$ per month for whole family. I really like and enjoy going to work on a daily basis.
Pros
20% of yearly wages goes to retirement.
Inappropriate language necessary.
Lead Clerk (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 14, 2018
Terrible management, scheduling is horrible, always have co-workers call in sick due to toxic work environment and/or bad work ethic, company has it's priorities in the wrong place spending money opening new stores instead of fixing the ones that are making it money that are falling apart...........the list goes on........
Pros
Sometimes you meet an interesting customer.
Cons
I could go on forever and don't wanna waste my time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WinCo Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight