WinCo Foods Employee Reviews

Found 1,072 reviews matching the search See all 1,073 reviews
Pay and benefits are great
Freight Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 21, 2018
The health benefits are amazing, very cheap and excellent coverage. My entire family was covered. You have to work at least 100hrs to get benefits but very worth it
Benefits
Cons
Short lunches short breaks
Great Company
Multi-Purpose Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 18, 2018
Nice company to work for, opportunities for employees to work their way up. Can own stock in company and has great benefits. Management cares about its employees.
Unappreciated efforts and underwhelming management
Cart Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDJuly 17, 2018
It was my second real job, and I was excited. Until week two of hauling carts in 100 degree weather, and then I wanted to leave.

I stuck with it. After about a year, I was offered a trainee slot in the meat department. It seemed really great to me, until I realized that, due to my age (I was 16 at the time working full time through high school) I couldn't be paid as a full fledged 'meat department' employee, which would have been about a six dollar per hour raise. I guess I wasn't worth it to them.
It’s a 50/50
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAJuly 17, 2018
That was a good company to work for but store managers and supervises they have they own favorites people and I was more like to be at work do my job and go home they start changing everything they start making they own rules the manager start supporting the employees on stad to support managers whit managers it was a little different than I expected
Pros
No free launches
Cons
A raises store manager
Good place to wirk
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North las vegasJuly 16, 2018
I liked working there. The only reason I left was I need a change. WINCO had a good advancement program. They helped their people to become better at their jobs.
productive place
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  McMinnville, ORJuly 15, 2018
it was a great place to work at. had a great time. lots of other good employees. best job i have been in so far. has a great health care system, and great management.
Pros
health care, break room, good employees
Cons
sick pay system.
Performance based warehouse with great employee culture!
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tolleson, AZJuly 15, 2018
WinCo Foods is a great place to work they really care about employees. They have great benefits 40$ per month for whole family. I really like and enjoy going to work on a daily basis.
Pros
20% of yearly wages goes to retirement.
Inappropriate language necessary.
Lead Clerk (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 14, 2018
Terrible management, scheduling is horrible, always have co-workers call in sick due to toxic work environment and/or bad work ethic, company has it's priorities in the wrong place spending money opening new stores instead of fixing the ones that are making it money that are falling apart...........the list goes on........
Pros
Sometimes you meet an interesting customer.
Cons
I could go on forever and don't wanna waste my time.
Busy
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAJuly 7, 2018
Winco to me is the best place to work for the benefits are great, management are awesome they usually understand what's going on in your life and every situation. Team effort work place
Pros
Health care
Cons
Call outs
Good place to start
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 5, 2018
If you're willing to put in the work, this company can take you places. When you first start out, the pay is minimum, but after 1040 hrs there is a substantial raise. Benefits are available for all employees after their first 3 months as long as they can maintain a minimum of 25hrs/week (equaling 100 hrs/month). As long as you keep open communication with your managers and make reasonable requests, they are willing to work with your scedule. So far I've only experienced the bakery, but cross training in other departments is available. I just love my bakery. I'd like to have more hours, but the hours are dependent upon sales and this has been a slow summer. Bottom line, the longer you are with the company, the better it gets. It just takes time. 10 out of 10 highly recommend.
Pros
Benefits, experience, career advancement
Cons
Minimum wage, no full-time
Fast Paced
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  woodburn orJuly 3, 2018
This place has a lot of great people working for them. the management however treats you like a number and does not care about you at all. not a great place to work
not good place for me to work there
Freight Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 3, 2018
not good management, not good working in freezer , very heavy lifting job, dont recommend students , i was employee throw a capstone logistic , not a fun place to work
Awesome Place
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 2, 2018
Wish I Still worked there. Great supervisors, great team all around.
Tons of room for advancement. Overtime is abundant and you can sign up to work extra shifts .
Lots of work to do
Cart Pusher/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 26, 2018
Never a dull day working here, There is a lot of customers. Leadership were snobby and better then you. Not trained properly.
Not paid well enough for the work we were doing.
It's fine
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Happy Valley, ORJune 25, 2018
Not very accommodating, but the pay is decent and the managers are understanding. Training is not very good because they only show you how to run the register, then you're left to your own devices when problems arise. The pay is good for the work, especially for a seasonal position.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
short breaks, accommodations only at doctor's request
It was intense but worthwhile
Cart Clerk / Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJune 24, 2018
I loved it at WinCo, hours could get rough at times but the whole place was great overall, the people were friendly, the managers were willing to tell you how and why they would make changes, and communication between the team and management went mostly well.
Pros
the raises were given by hours worked
Cons
short breaks, physically straining work.
productive work area
Cashier Sales Associate Stock (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORJune 24, 2018
fast paced needed to be professional good hygiene kind very good co workers great management meeting new people regular costumers. did get overwhelmed and fast got to busy sometimes
Pros
workers
Cons
bad at giving breaks and when shift is over
fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 23, 2018
It was fun place to work . Customers always were nice to me Management team are great. Easy to get promotion . You can different Departments. I have
Cons
A Good place if you're a people person
Cart Clerk (Current Employee) –  Independence, ORJune 22, 2018
Great people to work with and I absolutely enjoy the Lead Clerks that are there great people and very comfortable. Manager is friendly. Job can be quite dangerous due to the slick floors in certain areas and cars in the parking lot. Possibility to be hit by an unsuspecting driver.
Pros
Flexiable
Cons
Too much drama
It was Interesting
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  forth worth, texasJune 22, 2018
I had a good experience but there is no employee loyalty. If you go through a rough time even with notice, there is a points system for missing work of any kind.
Pros
Lots of growth salary wise and stock options.
Cons
Points system, big brother feel, constant firings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WinCo Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight