WinCo Foods

3.7Pay & Benefits

Found 51 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,147 reviews
benefitamazehourcustomemployeeesopstockco-worker

Freight stocker

work was ok it was hard at times and they rush you a lot the benifits are good but the management is all over the place they just throw you into the job and expect you to learn how to do it at the snap of your fingers

First, the management personnel don’t care about the new employees. They show your job once and then you’re on your own.

The only good thing is the insurance, it’s really good and cheap.The pay is low and the work is hard and long hours. They ask you to work more then 40 hours a week but you are not full time and don’t qualify for next steps for a rise until you get a full time position. The problem is that each store only has a few positions for each department.It takes about 3 to 4 years to get full time if your lucky.

Pros

The health insurance

Cons

Everything sucks, useless you get lucky and get a great department manager.

WinCo Foods insights

Based on 1,279 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

It was alright.

It wasn't all that. Good for first job or experience. Leads weren't helpful. Pay wasn't so good. Hours were unfair. Couldn't get more hours. Ups and downs thru out.

Prepare to be overworked and underpaid!

Only do it if you're desperate! As a stocker I often worked the graveyard shift, the only person in my department, they provided little training, then criticize you and write you up when you don't know what to do. Management constantly gives you more to do than what is humanly possible, and purposefully kept my hours low so I couldn't receive benefits, the pay is dirt poor and they don't care about their employees at all. Had a manager only interested in climbing the corporate ladder and a hostile co-worker while there. Just don't do it!

Pros

Some of the good people that work there.

Cons

Low pay, no benefits, low training. Management doesn't care.

Its a job

Management is not fair. No loyalty to long time employees. It is not a long time company to work for anymore. Employee stock used to be good but for new employees they don't get as much

Typical retail

I work at a new store, opened this spring. Management is pleasant if they like you, but target specific people seeming for no reason. Multiple HR cases circulating about employee harassment. The team is nice and I have formed strong bonds with a lot of people, but management overshadows that.. Aside from the benefits, there is nothing that stands out from this job. They're extremely strict and restrictive with dress code, are anti-union, management is poor, pay is awful compared to the work you do. Before the wage deficit really hit my town and there was a lack of people willing to accept labor jobs, other positions were absolutely not allowed to have OT, while freight stockers (overnight) were drowning in pseudo-mandatory OT. As employees leave the store, more work is put on the shoulders of those left. Expectations go up, while hours are cut. Corporate refuses to raise wages to an acceptable living standard today, even when competitors Walmart and Target have no problem doing so. Not worth the amount of time.

Pros

Benefits, Esop, 24-hour store with partially flexible scheduling, relocation

Cons

Short breaks, management, low pay

Will fire you for trying

I was hired on as a freight crew and was soon given a raise which I was excited for only for me the be fired the next day. They'll cut any corner they can to keep a buck down and don't car about any of their employees

Pros

Cons

Every bit of this place

Typical retail work environment

At WinCo Foods, you'll find a typical retail work atmosphere, unsteady work/life balance, competitive benefits, advancement opportunities and subpar management. Very little stands out as extraordinary, innovative or forward moving.

Pros

Unrivaled health benefits, decent full time wages, simple easy-to-do work

Cons

Short breaks, 30 minute lunch, inflexible hours, cutthroat management culture, corporate rule heavy, will serve anyone off the street

Productive and fast working

I really loved the job that I was at and my time working there was very good and fun. I like all the people I worked with I had the responsibility of stocking shelves.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Lots of breaks.

Cool management but understaffed and underpaid

The management were pretty cool dudes, however the work is pretty tiring after a while, especially the first day. The starting wage was 11/hr which if you ask me is not enough for the work you do. You start off the night unstacking a huge palates full of food, you then use a dolly to move the products where they need to go, then you spend the rest of the shift stacking the items in their proper place. if you are working with another person on that specific aisle then you spend probably 1.5hrs per aisle, with 2 10min breaks and a 30 min lunch. a lot of the time on the night shift especially you will end up getting a couple hours of overtime each shift which was pretty nice. Overall it was an "ok" place to work at, but be prepared to work.(Some supportive shoes are a must).

Pros

Management, Pretty chill job

Cons

Short breaks, low starting pay

Night stocker

You walk in, clock in, and start downstacking pallets and put them in stacks according to the aisle. When all the pallets are downstacked you will wheel them according to aisle and put them in the aisle according

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Managers pick and choose their favorites, if you ask for a day off by one manager your hours will get cut, seniority doesn't exist when it comes to scheduling, and don't like to hear if you have a problem.

Decent job environment

Fast paced, lots to learn about grocery industry, decent compensation for job duties. The company is a nice one to work for, they are about their employees

Neutral

Good company to work and very great environment to work for but very specific reasons to some have a 3 star rating and had some very deep meaning to it.

Pros

Pay, benefits, work schedule

Diversity

Winco is a good company to work for. They are willing to work with you on what fits your schedule and what fits theirs. They have medical and dental benefits. 401k. And are an employee owned company.

Great company

Very good company to work for. Excellent management, feel appreciated for work done. Work with you and are flexible with schedules. Good pay and opportunity for advancement.

You never get off part time

You never get off part time you work 40 hours a week.but get part time pay. They never give full-time to any one I was there for 4 years. Wish they would help people

Not worth it

Not the best place to work if you’re looking for something with stable hours. The Schedule comes out Friday every week, but you can never plan anything because you don’t know what days your off, and a little amount of hours.

Good starter job but bad management.

The place is a decent starter job or need extra money but the management isn’t the best to deal with and they have strict rules that they don’t tell you at the start of working at this job.

some good people to work with

hard labor for my age group////always busy some nights were long specially for the hours/// the job is physically demanding////you do not go home until the work is complete

Bit of false advertising in benefits

Crew hired on for new store consisted entirely of new hires and no crew who were already employed by the company, desk positions not withstanding. Benefits were offered for employees who made minimum number of hours but floor crew were constantly put on hours that required overtime from what was scheduled to make the minimum to earn company benefits.

Its a job if you can't find anything else

It is low paying job. Much in the same way Walmart does they give raises just enough to keep up with minimum wage. So you get a raise when minimum wage goes up and your still basically making minimum wage. Or you can work your tail off as manager for around 25 bucks an hour. Great people, supposed to get stocked every 5yrs. You won't make it that long before you find a better job!

Pros

Nice people team work

Cons

No room to advance