Wind River Environmental Employee Reviews

Worst thing that happened to our company
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 25, 2019
The pay is not sufficient compared to the workload. The company cares very little about the customers and even less about their employees. The only employees with a clue as to what is going on have been the leftovers from acquisitions. The people working in AR are a joke and possibly the dumbest people I've ever talked to. The management team does the best they can dealing with incompetance and low moral. I don't even know how the insurance is legal. You pay so
much for nothing. Beware of the fees they steal out of your 401K. Even with the best coworkers and an awesome manager there is nothing anyone can do about anything. They company is ran by a room full of investors that know absolutely nothing about the industry.
Fast Paced and Growth Oriented Environment
Business Executive (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJune 1, 2019
I joined the Company in recent months and it has been a great experience thus far. There is a strong desire to expand the firm's current footprint by adding new service lines and geographies. The Senior Management team is really hands on and supportive and has a focus on both the firm's customers and employees. Safety and customer satisfaction are things the organization prioritizes.
I'd highly recommend Wind River for anyone looking to be a part of a fast growing company and for those who want to learn and take on new responsibility quickly. There is a lot of opportunity for smart, driven professionals to jump start their career here.
Pros
Career Growth, Strong Management, Collaborative
Cons
Lack of public transportation options
Temp to hire
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMay 24, 2019
Just was hired as a csr great company but csr supervisor very unprofessional she’s wears yoga pants and ghetto clothes to work also I was let go because of I told On one of the rep who has anger issues they hired 10 reps ended up being 5 pay sucks especially in Marlborough area they micromanage people they check who goes to break and when returns really childish my whole training was a joke trainer and supervisor was talking awful things about the current csr .
Pros
Temp to hire
Cons
Supervisor sucks micromanage
Glad I left
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMay 17, 2019
Terrible management. Everyone is disposable to them. High turnover of regular employees and management alike. They handle issues very under handed and sneaky like. I also know they have asked employees to post fake positive reviews...to make the company cook better.

The current position open is paying 17-24 an hour. None of us makes more than 20. And they give poor reviews to avoid thier pittifull raises
Pros
Cons
Just dont bother
Awful place to work at!
accounts receivable (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMay 16, 2019
they pay on the low side for a person starting out in the business world, they micromanage seasoned workers to the bone without any recognition just complaints.Insurance is terrible.Customers are always complaining that they are billed incorrectly & they don't take responsibility for their mistakes. They treat you like an idiot. no advancement. Don't work here unless you are truly desperate.
Pros
made some nice friends. Free food
Cons
Poor management & work you to the bone for peanuts~
Productive and fun place to work
Project tech lead (Current Employee) –  Salunga-Landisville, PAApril 9, 2019
Over all a great place to work company is going in the right direction for customer needs and employee needs. Good group of employees to work with. Safe and fun atmosphere
Pros
Good pay
Ample opportunity for advancement and to make a good living.
Vactor Operator (Current Employee) –  Salunga-Landisville, PAApril 8, 2019
I have worked at this company since before Wind River acquired it. I started out as an labor tech, worked my way up through , the company paid for my CDL training and test, and eventually I worked up to Hi-Vac Truck Operator. There were some issues after the company transition that caused me to leave the company. I was gone for about a year and a half, but came back after the issues were resolved, and even bettered. Windriver recognizes the importance of the employees that get the jobs done and goes above and beyond to show it. The pay and benefits are great. You work hard, and you can work a lot of hours, but if you're willing to work hard and don't mind getting dirty, income potential is almost limitless. Right off the bat your first year you get 12 days of PTO, 18 after the first year, and 24 after 6 years. All your necessary safety and protective gear,training, uniforms, and equipment you need is provided to you. Safety of the employees is a top priority. All the techs work together as a tea, and have a great time while doing it. Things are kept lighthearted and fun and we all have a great time while we get the job done. To anyone looking for a great place to work where you can make a good living, have fun while you work, work with a great team of people, and go home at the end of the day feeling good about what you do, Wind River is the place to go.
Pros
Great Pay, Pto, Team environment
Cons
Can be long hours, can be dirty work, can be hard work.
Unprofessional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 31, 2019
There is not culture, no matter how good you are at doing your job. Poor management, and lack of supervision. The system is very friendly and easy to learn and use.
Where to begin?
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMarch 30, 2019
I would say it's a typical very high volume call center in terms of call volume and noise. The pay is on the low end and when combined with the benefits the compensation is not very good. The health plan feels like health insurance coupons and the retirement is a capped at some flat dollar amount per year that adds up to nothing. PTO time accumulates very slowly and if you leave the company you receive only a percentage. The culture is full of blame, negativity, and constant CYA. The customers are very angry most of the time due to the bad service we provide and CSR's wind up being asked to be deceptive far too often to cover for mistakes or greedy reallocations of resources. Your entire day is micro managed down to how many times you get up, when you can get coffee, where you eat lunch, etc. The work is relatively steady and they will work with you on your schedule are about the only good things I can say about WRE.
Pros
Pay checks clear
Cons
Just about everything
Install technician (Current Employee) –  Vernon, NJMarch 22, 2019
Pros: Good pay, benefits, life/work balance, management, helpful training, very little if any micromanagement
Cons: Same as any other job I guess. It is what you make it
Unstable Work Environment
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMarch 21, 2019
Wind River Environmental is under many management changes. The new CEO has been working on creating his own team and if you do not meet his expectations you can guarantee that you will receive your walking papers.

The pay was ok, but you were expected to work very long hours. It was very hard to keep a work-life balance.

In all honesty, it is not a good place to work at the moment.

Be cautious if you chose to work for WRE.
Pros
Pay, friendship
Cons
management, long work hours
Run to the Hills, run far away!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMarch 18, 2019
This company is a perfect example of what is wrong with office culture. They are making money hand over fist, yet they have refused to give anyone in the CSC a raise, or if they do offer one it is a joke, less then a dollar. They promise you ways to advance in the company but they never materialize and you are just stuck. They go out of their way to treat you like a tool and nothing else. The company has downgraded from bad insurance to TERRIBLE insurance, and if you are expecting any sort of appreciation here you are dead wrong. The management only cares about the bottom line and does nothing to try and retain talent. They flat out tell you "Your good, but we wont give you more money. They will "promote you" only if you agree to do more for maybe more money down the line. They are also the ONLY company I have worked for that has the ability to do work from home and refuses to do so.
Pros
Plenty of overtime.
Cons
Everything. The culture, the insurance, the "pay"
Great Place to Work- if you are a hard worker
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAFebruary 13, 2019
This company was a very good company to work for, however medical reasons caused me to quit...even though I’m doing better, I chose not to go back because not sure of where this company is headed.
Pros
Management is excellent, loved helping the customers that didn’t cuss you out, my pay was ok, medical benefits, will fall in love with your coworkers
Cons
Communication with other offices
Pump Technician (Current Employee) –  Vernon, NJFebruary 12, 2019
Management at the branch level is exceptional. Managers here have been promoted from within and having a management team from our VP, operations manager and supervisors that have come from the field helps a great deal. They care about us and our safety. Top notch equipment that is fleet maintained by an excellent team of mechanics. Pay in very fair and they offer very generous paid time off. Full benefits, 401k, life insurance etc.... I have been here for a little over 8 years and plan on being here for a long time.
Pros
Pay, time off, management team, equipment
Cons
None really
many opportunities and many fun happenings through out the year
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAFebruary 6, 2019
With growth comes opportunities. We are socially conscious and try to leave the smallest finger print on our planet. We support the local community and are working to do more to help organizations such as the Red Cross. I am proud to be an employee!
Pros
great opportunities, great pay and socially responsible
Great Company for career growth!
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Landingville, PAFebruary 2, 2019
Wind River is a growing company with opportunities that allow for and encourage all employees to grow their career. The company supports teamwork,communication and uses positive motivators to get the job done right!.
Pros
Teamwork, communication and career growth
Exciting, fast paced environment.
Regional Vice President (Current Employee) –  Mid Atlantic RegionJanuary 31, 2019
I’ve been employed with WR for over 20 years now and my experience has been nothing but positive. The opportunities for advancement are endless.
Great place to work.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Na
High Growth Company with Good Culture
Sales related (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJanuary 31, 2019
This company is growing really fast. Everyone is focused on modernizing and professionalizing what has historically been older, lower tech industry. Its exciting to be part of that growth, and its nice to be part of company that is doing good for the environment.
great place to work !
Opperations Manager (Current Employee) –  Beacon, NYJanuary 31, 2019
wind river is a great place to start you career . we have some of the best trainers in this field to get you started off right . at wind river we all like to work together as a team in order to complete what we need to get done .
Pros
401 k medical benifits
Great future
Operation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salunga, PAJanuary 31, 2019
I have been with Wind River a few months I have been putting in some hours which I expected but the pay is great. The people have been great through out the organization. I am looking forward to working here until ready for retirement.
Pros
Great pay, feel appreciated
Cons
Benefits cost and 401k match

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wind River Environmental. Our community is ready to answer.