Windhaven Insurance Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
Chaotic and disorganized
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  TampaAugust 12, 2018
The left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. The Tampa office environment is loud, chaotic, disorganized, and unprofessional. The Legal Assistant job description and actual duties are not the same. The position should be advertised as Full Time Scheduler because that's exactly what it is. It's not a fulfilling position for one who enjoys legal assistant/paralegal work; it's work scored on production metrics with points for each scheduled hearing, deposition, et al. The daily huddle meetings are a waste of time and don't necessarily promote teamwork. Then there's the turnover but it's not just how many are leaving, it's who they are. Several managers and litigation adjusters recently left within a two week period. One wonders what spurred a mass departure.
Pros
Decent pay, relaxed dress code.
Cons
Daily huddles are a waste of time, the metrics performance calculations are pointless, job duties are woefully misrepresented, and the Tampa location is a large, open office with no quiet space whatsoever.
Worst company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 2, 2018
I have never in my life worked for such a horrible company! The CSRs aren't even licensed! The call center supervisor doesn't know anything, the employees all look like ex-cons, and the software is out dated. It goes down at least twice a day with no explanation, there are random changes that no one can explain, and it's slow! Only 2 supervisors(team leads) know their job and actually want to help. They don't care about the customer. All they care about is call stats. People quit every day. And they don't give notice, they just up and leave. I don't know how they're still in business.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Everything!
A job
PIP Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2018
Company needs to really train the management team to be on the manager side ant not too personal. The work flows needs to be enhanced and updated asap!
Cons
Managers
Nice
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 2, 2018
It was a short term contract, however, I enjoyed my time with them. I answered phone calls and transferred the calls as needed. Most of the calls where in reference to the information given to them by their agent.
Nobody knows wtf is going on...
Policy Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 26, 2018
There is always a problem with the system it goes down ATLEAST 5+ times a day. You never get a clear/accurate answer on anything, leads just tell you and customers/agents anything to get them off the phone and management shows favoritism. They “discipline” who they want to instead of the entire call center as a whole. After 4 days of incompetent training they throw you on the phone and expect you to know everything and they barely taught you or know anything themselves. This company = blind leading the blind.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Short breaks, system crashes, lousy management
Like a sweatshop for claims
Claim Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 19, 2018
There is not enough hours in the day to do all they require, and do not provide the employees the proper tools to carry out job functions. No real training, just come in and "fake it til you make it"
Most stress I ever encountered in a years time
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 7, 2018
The Texas team is very understaffed for the volume. They hire a bunch if trainee but lack the time and proper training for a person who has NO knowledge of claims handling. Some of the metrics are unreal. Best believe you will be your own personal secretary with not much time to investigates claim thoroughly.
Pros
You will gain the experience you need if you plan to stay in that Industry.
Cons
Performance metrics, micro management And the FNOL team is out of the Philippines!
Train wreck trying to leave like everyone else
Claim Representative (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 21, 2018
Train wreck under investigation from Insurance dept multiple bad faith claims practices.No structure in place to handle problem matic claims. Told to deny claims and push to file claim with their current carrier.
Pros
Cons
Work environment
Hostile and unprofessional work environment
Independent Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 21, 2018
No training on how to use their system. No work flow now team feeling. Unprofessional management and lack of office etiquette. No real feedback from supervisors.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Poor management
lack of managment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 13, 2018
Managment is very poor. No one has any idea what is going on with the system. Favortism is huge which is unfair to the hard working employees. Lack of training
Pros
They
Great co-workers, unorganized system
Legal department (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLJanuary 31, 2018
This company has so much potential to be a Fortune 500 company. It’s downfall will be not listening to employee suggestions. Not a team environment. It’s a blame game. Solutions for issues that occur in day to day activity are far and few between. If we ask management a question, it is answered with another question. Rules change everyday. We work like a factory. We produce quantity vs. quality and then waste time working towards fixing careless mistakes that could have been avoided if we weren’t rushing to close out a task to meet our metrics. More time should be invested in training. There should be an employee manual for each department. The pay is not bad and the co-workers and work environment is why people stay.
Pros
Work environment
Great place
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 17, 2017
answering inbound calls, rapport, helping customers pay their bill. hardest part the new system changes. Enjoyed working for the company. Great people.
no advancement opportunities
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  tampa, flOctober 18, 2017
no advancement opportunities

pay could be better

management is not fair

moving departments out of tampa making it hard to advance
Priorities need improvement
Property Damage Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 6, 2017
Company is more interested in closing numbers than quality and the well being of their employees. They are systematically causing the good employees to flee to a better company.
Call center
Claims adjuster (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 25, 2017
You have to make sure you are logged into the q or call center over 60% of the day or you will be written up. They do not tell you this in an interview. You cannot possibly handle your own claims correctly and answer back to back phone calls that include all types of issues including underwriting, complaints, other adjusters never returning calls, etc...these type of calls take up a lot of time and can exceed over 50-75 calls per day or even more. Competition between employees is encouraged for who gets the most closures during the day which is wrong on so many levels. Employees should never be pitted against each other in competitions such as this. Profits and turnaround are of the utmost importance and employees low moral and turnover are shrugged over and pushed under the rug. You better be able to handle a call center environment, your own diary and new claims, payments, etc... in an 8 hour work day or stay late and not get paid for it. Good luck.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
Very high stress, call center environment. No job gratification.
Productive and Fun Workplace
PIP ADJUSTER -APPRAISAL DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLSeptember 25, 2017
Family Oriented
Management cares about making Departments better - Everyone Better.
Patience, Need Customer Service Experience to handle escalated calls.
Fun Events, Free Lunch Every First Wednesday of the Month.
It gave me the push that I needed
Policy Services /Training Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 18, 2017
At windhaven I was able to sharpen many of the professional skills that I already have while adding to my skillset. My leaving the company was simply because I have begun to plateau in current position and I need an opportunity to advance.
Pros
great work culture
Cons
management can be a bit of an obstacle as one's popularity is what determines promotion readiness
n/a
Property Damage Claims Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 13, 2017
This is an unstable environment. Needs senior level management stabilization.

Limited advancement. Not a place for management development.

Small Company.
Huge growth opportunities
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLAugust 28, 2017
I have worked at Windhaven for 3+ years and have been promoted twice. If you care about your career and work hard at what you do, you will be recognized and promoted. Huge opportunity for growth within the company.

Management has open door policy and sits on the floor with employees.

There are many metrics where you are measured daily for your work, so if you are not a hard worker and "on the ball" this may not be the job for you. Most negative reviews appear to be the people that could not keep up with the fast pace.

Windies are appreciated and encouraged to have fun while at work... We have fun monthly events, employee breakfasts once a month, department events and competitions, holiday parties, Windy goodies and recognition for great employees.
Pros
Fun environment, challenging, good pay, good benefits, caring co-workers, casual dress
Cons
Can be stressful if you are not organized!
Great learning environment for any career level
Senior Product Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami HQAugust 22, 2017
I have been working at Windhaven for over a year now. I was hired as part of their Executive Development Program (EDP) which gave me the opportunity to work in most of the departments within the organization, and alongside their respective leaders.

I could not have asked for a better program. Coming from a non-insurance background, Windhaven provided the training and guidance required for me to switch industries in a way that would challenge me daily, and ensure my continuous improvement as a professional.

Pace is very fast, projects are tough, but results are rewarding. Projects are created to be implemented immediately, as opposed to other companies where they constantly sit on a shelf. Experience with data analytics is a must for most roles due to their data driven culture.
Pros
Highly qualified leadership, training, projects