Windhaven Insurance Employee Reviews

Like a sweatshop for claims
Claim Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 19, 2018
There is not enough hours in the day to do all they require, and do not provide the employees the proper tools to carry out job functions. No real training, just come in and "fake it til you make it"
Most stress I ever encountered in a years time
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 7, 2018
The Texas team is very understaffed for the volume. They hire a bunch if trainee but lack the time and proper training for a person who has NO knowledge of claims handling. Some of the metrics are unreal. Best believe you will be your own personal secretary with not much time to investigates claim thoroughly.
Pros
You will gain the experience you need if you plan to stay in that Industry.
Cons
Performance metrics, micro management And the FNOL team is out of the Philippines!
Train wreck trying to leave like everyone else
Claim Representative (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 21, 2018
Train wreck under investigation from Insurance dept multiple bad faith claims practices.No structure in place to handle problem matic claims. Told to deny claims and push to file claim with their current carrier.
Pros
Cons
Work environment
Hostile and unprofessional work environment
Independent Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 21, 2018
No training on how to use their system. No work flow now team feeling. Unprofessional management and lack of office etiquette. No real feedback from supervisors.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Poor management
lack of managment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 13, 2018
Managment is very poor. No one has any idea what is going on with the system. Favortism is huge which is unfair to the hard working employees. Lack of training
Pros
They
Great co-workers, unorganized system
Legal department (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLJanuary 31, 2018
This company has so much potential to be a Fortune 500 company. It’s downfall will be not listening to employee suggestions. Not a team environment. It’s a blame game. Solutions for issues that occur in day to day activity are far and few between. If we ask management a question, it is answered with another question. Rules change everyday. We work like a factory. We produce quantity vs. quality and then waste time working towards fixing careless mistakes that could have been avoided if we weren’t rushing to close out a task to meet our metrics. More time should be invested in training. There should be an employee manual for each department. The pay is not bad and the co-workers and work environment is why people stay.
Pros
Work environment
Great place
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 17, 2017
answering inbound calls, rapport, helping customers pay their bill. hardest part the new system changes. Enjoyed working for the company. Great people.
no advancement opportunities
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  tampa, flOctober 18, 2017
no advancement opportunities

pay could be better

management is not fair

moving departments out of tampa making it hard to advance
Priorities need improvement
Property Damage Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 6, 2017
Company is more interested in closing numbers than quality and the well being of their employees. They are systematically causing the good employees to flee to a better company.
Call center
Claims adjuster (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 25, 2017
You have to make sure you are logged into the q or call center over 60% of the day or you will be written up. They do not tell you this in an interview. You cannot possibly handle your own claims correctly and answer back to back phone calls that include all types of issues including underwriting, complaints, other adjusters never returning calls, etc...these type of calls take up a lot of time and can exceed over 50-75 calls per day or even more. Competition between employees is encouraged for who gets the most closures during the day which is wrong on so many levels. Employees should never be pitted against each other in competitions such as this. Profits and turnaround are of the utmost importance and employees low moral and turnover are shrugged over and pushed under the rug. You better be able to handle a call center environment, your own diary and new claims, payments, etc... in an 8 hour work day or stay late and not get paid for it. Good luck.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
Very high stress, call center environment. No job gratification.
Productive and Fun Workplace
PIP ADJUSTER -APPRAISAL DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLSeptember 25, 2017
Family Oriented
Management cares about making Departments better - Everyone Better.
Patience, Need Customer Service Experience to handle escalated calls.
Fun Events, Free Lunch Every First Wednesday of the Month.
It gave me the push that I needed
Policy Services /Training Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 18, 2017
At windhaven I was able to sharpen many of the professional skills that I already have while adding to my skillset. My leaving the company was simply because I have begun to plateau in current position and I need an opportunity to advance.
Pros
great work culture
Cons
management can be a bit of an obstacle as one's popularity is what determines promotion readiness
n/a
Property Damage Claims Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 13, 2017
This is an unstable environment. Needs senior level management stabilization.

Limited advancement. Not a place for management development.

Small Company.
Huge growth opportunities
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLAugust 28, 2017
I have worked at Windhaven for 3+ years and have been promoted twice. If you care about your career and work hard at what you do, you will be recognized and promoted. Huge opportunity for growth within the company.

Management has open door policy and sits on the floor with employees.

There are many metrics where you are measured daily for your work, so if you are not a hard worker and "on the ball" this may not be the job for you. Most negative reviews appear to be the people that could not keep up with the fast pace.

Windies are appreciated and encouraged to have fun while at work... We have fun monthly events, employee breakfasts once a month, department events and competitions, holiday parties, Windy goodies and recognition for great employees.
Pros
Fun environment, challenging, good pay, good benefits, caring co-workers, casual dress
Cons
Can be stressful if you are not organized!
Great learning environment for any career level
Senior Product Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami HQAugust 22, 2017
I have been working at Windhaven for over a year now. I was hired as part of their Executive Development Program (EDP) which gave me the opportunity to work in most of the departments within the organization, and alongside their respective leaders.

I could not have asked for a better program. Coming from a non-insurance background, Windhaven provided the training and guidance required for me to switch industries in a way that would challenge me daily, and ensure my continuous improvement as a professional.

Pace is very fast, projects are tough, but results are rewarding. Projects are created to be implemented immediately, as opposed to other companies where they constantly sit on a shelf. Experience with data analytics is a must for most roles due to their data driven culture.
Pros
Highly qualified leadership, training, projects
really have enjoyed it
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 22, 2017
It's a fast paced environment. It doesn't work for people who are lazy or who shy away from extra hours. THIS COMPANY WILL REQUIRE YOU TO POUR YOUR WHOLE SELF IN IT. For me, that's more than okay. Don't take a job here if you aren't willing to be invested.

Management is getting stronger and better.
People are getting promoted all the time.
Co-workers are beyond cool

A place I really enjoy being
Pros
Fast moving, hard working, gritty, Growing, fun
Cons
Stressful
Not a good place for customers or employees
Claims Adjuster I (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2017
No this is not a good place to work; they do not treat employees or their customers fairly. They have unreasonable expectations it is too much work for one individual consequently your customers are not being service properly as well as you are working endless amounts of overtime with no overtime pay.. And you are dealing with negativity all day long from angry customers because they are not being service properly and estimates are not being written correctly. ,My immediate mgmt was great considering all they had to enforce from upper mgmt that only cares about profits.
Pros
Had 2 great managers
Cons
Bound by the confined unfair business practices
Great opportunity to get your adjuster license
Claims Adjuster I (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 16, 2017
They use CATI, a premier source for pre licensing and continuing education for adjusters. If you're looking for non standard experiece, this is an ok start. Workload is unrealistic, and you won't be able to handle a claim from start to finish, but provides a basic foundation and understanding of the claims process.
Pros
You can get your license for free
Cons
No growth opportunity, unrealistic workload
Worst company EVER
Property Damage Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 12, 2017
this company is a CALL CENTER, claim volume is extremely high, files are outdated and no one seems to care about customer service or the employees! Stay away from this place
Cons
So many different types of health insurance
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 26, 2017
Mutual of Omaha is such a big company and there are so many different departments and ways that you can grow and advance within the company. The facility has everything there from food, banking, clinic, and fitness center.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Windhaven Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8