Windom Security Strategies Today

Working at Windom Security Strategies Today: 30 Reviews

United States30 reviews

companyworkingmanagementgreatjobworkveteransecurity

The best job I’ve ever had!

Featured review

Windom Security Strategies Today selected this as a representative review
Working at Windom is an absolute pleasure. I have worked for the company for 2 years and have found more satisfaction and fulfillment while working here than I have in any other workforce. During my time I have regularly worked in assisting local PD units and in doing so, provided support to the local community. For me, that’s what it’s all about, serving the community and alleviating the local PD of having to deal with the smaller issues so that they may focus on the bigger problems. If you’re looking for a job to sit back and let someone else deal with it, you’re barking up the wrong tree here. This place encourages a proactive approach. While COVID-19 put a hold on most of our training, prior to the outbreak it was a phenomenal program and hopefully will be back soon. Multiple Martial Arts, monthly time at the firing range, CPR training/certifications, hands-on/use of force scenario training, and first aid/trauma treatment are some of the skills you can look forward to learning while working for Windom. If you’re willing to put the time and effort in, you’ll find yourself thriving in the security field and prepping yourself for a leg up in entering into law enforcement. The management team always listens to your ideas, suggestions, and concerns. Their door is always open and there has never been a moment when I felt I could not reach out or ask for assistance. Whether it is a personal matter or a professional one, they will always make time for you. They’ll provide you with the best equipment available and here, you’re never just a number. Here, you’re part of the team.

October 16, 2020
Thank you for your kind and detailed review! We so appreciate our team and our desire is to invest in their professional success and provide them a steady job as they work towards their long-term goals. We will be picking up more advanced training when both COVID-19 restrictions lift and the office location allows for it. Stay tuned!

Proactive Company- needs some work.

Windom Security is an up an coming security provider. The patrol division carries out daily shift briefings with their officers and provides equipment necessary for their job. Patrol Officers are essentially on their own in the field; however, officers work together on responding for calls for service.Armed opportunities are very limited for this company. You will mainly be an unarmed security officer which is an officer safety concern at some of the locations Windom Security is contracted with.Training is needed more as the majority of staff do not know state laws and detain citizens but place them in handcuffs which is only authorized for police officers.

Pros

Team setting environment. Maintained patrol vehicles. Provided equipment. Consecutive shifts.

Cons

Lack of training. Mainly night shift. Some routes are more difficult to complete in allotted time.

Windom Security Strategies Today insights

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Great Job/ Company

I really enjoyed working for the company back in 2019 and feel like it is the perfect company to get a foot in the door if you wan to be in law enforcement. The only bad I had from the company was a promise i had from a superior for another position, i can not truly fault the company as a whole. All in all perfect company to work for if you are ready for a fast paced dynamic career.

Simple Job But Not A Career

Simple and easy work with good individuals at high and low levels (except for HR when I worked there). Its a great place for a job but not as a career as there aren't too many opportunities for growth.

Awesome place to work.

I've been working for Windom for a little over a year and in that time I've come to love this company for several reasons. The management is fantastic and supportive, I've never once felt micromanaged. The pay is great compared to most security companies for unarmed security positions and the company has your back in case any incident comes up (assuming you did the right thing.) I couldn't recommend Windom enough.

Pros

Pay, Great Environment, Supportive.

Cons

None.

August 16, 2021
Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate your great work out there and are so glad that you are happy at your job. Windom Security has your six!

The upper management is awesome. Great group of people

I have worked here for a few months and i can say the pay is worth the type of work it is. The other employees are super friendly.The company is veteran owned and is ran by an overall great group of people.10/10 would recommend.

August 9, 2021
Thank you for your note! We sure appreciate your hard work out there on the field. Windom Security has an incredible security guard team that makes a HUGE impact 24/7/365 on the safety and security of communities throughout the Valley!

Good company

Good pay for unarmed security. Either mobile patrols or static sites are available. Can usually get overtime because of a lack of manpower at the moment.

October 16, 2020
Thank you for sharing your review and also, thank you for stepping up when some of those overtime needs come up on the schedule! We appreciate you and, one thing is for sure, it just shows that our awesome company is growing quickly!

Happy to be here.

Windom Security Strategies Today is a tight knit group of security professionals. Management backs the decisions of officers in the field and subscribe to the concept of objectable reasonableness, when it comes to use of force.

October 16, 2020
We are so glad that you are happy at your job and we thank you for being such a valuable asset of our team! Windom Security has your six. :)

Generally a Good Company

I've been working for Windom Security Strategies Today for roughly 9 months now. Although this is my first security job and I cannot compare it to others, I can say that many of my coworkers believe that Windom is a far better company to work for than most. The best part of working with Windom is the support received from management. They are always understanding of your situation and will have your back if there is an incident on duty (so long as you are not totally out of line). Conversely, the management does not do a great job at taking recommendations that may improve the quality of life or performance of their guards. However, they do allow a decentralized form of leadership with their supervisors to some extent. My only remaining complaint would be the claim by hiring staff that there were programs and training opportunities available upon hire and then finding out those programs had been discontinued or were limited to a select few employees.

October 16, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We definitely are always open to improving our employee experience as well as the quality of service that we provide to clients. Our strongest desire is to begin reopening more training opportunities once COVID-19 restrictions and office space limitations lift. Stay tuned!

Awesome/ Professional Workplace

Very professional workplace environment with very competitive pat for Security Guards and Opportunities to Learing by instructional classes and opportunity to grow from Within the Company.

October 16, 2020
Thank you so much for your review! We so appreciate our team and the significant impact they have on keeping thousands of folks throughout the Valley safe every single night. The more we continue to grow, the more opportunities there will be for our folks to grow within the company! That has always been important to us.

Great company!

Since starting with Windom one of the first things I noticed was how helpful all my coworkers and management have been throughout my time here. Scheduling is flexible and everyone I've worked with is friendly and professional.

October 16, 2020
Thank you for your kind comment! We take care of our own here and our desire is to ensure that our folks have a stable schedule, ease of communication with management & supervisors, as well as the equipment, training, and opportunity to do what they enjoy: keeping folks safe!

Windom security lifestyle.

Typical day starts off with 1st) guards meeting in office discussing incident prior that night or new rule to be enforce either in static as well night patrol. Gears that are provided for each guard will be handed out. 2nd) from what I learned is how to deal with different scenarios and taking proper action being able to D-escalate situation that can occur not just in work, but in everyday living. 3rd) management is well organized and are extremely crucial to the company for being able to receive more contracts. This just shows that this company is growing and in my opinion heading to nothing but success. 4th) workplace culture is outstanding and is an experience that i can truly say will benefit not just you, but the guard your working with as well. You build connection and learn each other strong and weak point. Regardless you will learn something new from each other whether if in prior service or not. Every day can be learning process. 5) I believe the hardest part about this job is actually not the job itself but more of what you bring to the table. As in character, attitude, confidence etc. But do not let that that get to you, because I can ensure that a few days/nights of working you will be caught up to speed. You just have to be willing to work through the up and downhill. 6th) honestly the best part about this jobs is working with the guards meeting new people day to day. Not just that but as well working with PD,Paramedics etc when dealing with incident. You build a connection with them as well and can be the best experience to gain especially if -

October 16, 2020
Such an incredible review for an interested candidate to review! Thank you for this detailed, helpful, and kind feedback. We appreciate your service to Windom Security and we greatly value you as an asset to our team!

Professional

I love working for this Company! They support and help you in every way. They are straight to the point and don’t beat around the bush. They are so friendly and I love the open door policy it makes you feel way more comfortable.

October 16, 2020
Thank you for your review! We have your six, man! Our guards are the most important part of Windom Security and we definitely want to see each of our folks have the opportunity to learn, be challenged, and grow throughout their time with our company.

Security Guard

Good place to work. Good pay. They've been honest in all their dealings with me and have gone over and beyond to accommodate my shift scheduling. If ur considering a career in law enforcement, this is where you'll learn decision making and communication skills, among other valuable skills.

October 16, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! We so appreciate it! Windom Security wants to help provide the experience for those who are thinking about or actively pursuing a career in law enforcement such as yourself. It is a great introduction to the types of situations and environments that you would be dealing with.

Nothing but good things to say.

I have learned how to properly approach individuals under problematic circumstances to reach a positive outcome. Overall, management takes care of their employees under all circumstances and I have never had an issue with communication.

October 16, 2020
Thank you for your review! Great to hear! De-escalation techniques and verbal judo are extremely important in public safety positions. Yes, we take care of our own!

great company

I have done a lot of jobs, This is one of the better company's I have worked for. They care about their employees safety and the employees themselves. Great management with a great group of coworkers. Definitely feels like a team and would recommend to anyone and definitely veterans.

October 16, 2020
Thank you for your feedback on your experience here! We appreciate you and are thankful for the awesome folks on our team. Definitely a military-friendly company! :)

Honest and Supportive Security Company

Working for Windom is a breath of fresh air because they do not treat the employees as numbers. They are 100% involved to ensure that you, the employee, have all the tools, training and support to get the job done.

October 16, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience! We are happy to hear this! Windom Security wants to ensure that all of our guards are set up for success and well-equipped as they go out there to keep so many folks around the Valley safe. That is vastly important to us.

Stability and Skills

Great company to work for if you are looking to are looking to step up your game in communication skills or even if you are heading toward a law enforcement career.

October 16, 2020
Thank you for your review! This is what we love to hear! Our goal is to ensure that you are equipped with hands-on experience but also well-rounded in your soft skills (communication, problem solving, conflict resolution, responsibility, etc) as you move towards your law enforcement career. Keep up the great work!

Flexibility and pay

I've been with this company for going on two months and since then things have been great. They're really flexible with your work schedule and try to accommodate you the best they can. Pay is also good for a full time or part time position at $14/$15 an hour depending on your location. Most shifts are overnight sonic you're a night owl this is the gig for you.

October 16, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience! We are glad to have you on the Windom Security team! Yes, this company is filled with night-owls. :)

My experience.

The management is absolutely the best I've ever seen. They always have our backs and go out of their way for us. The job itself can be tedious but when you have great people to work with it makes it worth it. If you are a former veteran be prepared to find the same relationships you would have in the military.

November 2, 2020
Thank you for your kind feedback! We so appreciate this and work extremely hard to foster the military-friendly culture. Thank you for your great work!

top notch

Great company to work for with a outstanding Mission Satement. Was only looking for a temporary job after the company i worked for went out of building, but have found to be very happy working here.

October 16, 2020
Thank you for this awesome review! We sure are glad to have you and thank you for your great work. Our People are hands-down the most important part of Windom Security!

Common questions about Windom Security Strategies Today

Answered by current and former employees at Windom Security Strategies Today

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Windom Security Strategies Today. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits