WINDOW WORLD Employee Reviews

Wasted my time.
Vinyl Siding Installer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 18, 2018
Was a waste of time. Took advantage of my work ethic did no compensate correctly. Was not protected if injured. Promissed full time o my given part time.
Not recommend
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAMay 3, 2018
Poor communication, shadiness, and lack of work ethic are a few of the problems encountered. Customer service is lacking and employees do not care. No benefits or raises are standard so if you are ok with that then apply.
Horrible place to work.
Service Department Lead (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 23, 2018
The management was never present;. The office manager was very unprofessional and constantly brought her home problems to the office. if she had a bad day at home, you were having a bad day at work. I would never recommend this as a place of unemployment
It takes a certain kind of person...
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 11, 2018
The job is completely isolating 4 months out of the year. The management is a mess and totally incompetent and the insurance is awful. I was let go while out on disability. I was given no notice that my insurance was terminated that day and did not receive my (very small) temporary disability check for almost 3 months after applying. Although management pays lip service to the staff being a small family, they do not care about anyone and see everyone as disposable.
Pros
quiet small office
Cons
Little managerial support, no room for advancement, poor pay
installed windows
Window Installer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 5, 2018
worked along side my brother. After family dispute i was done. In doing this job though me and my brother both lead a crew in installing the windows given to us each morning and also did siding and doors to customers satisfaction
Very young childish meanor
Administrative Assistant, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 28, 2018
hired back employees that never should have been. They are very un aware of the bullying of the women in the office. They all think its cute and funny
Pros
there commercial does them alot of good
Cons
tardiness never on time
casual
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 24, 2018
great place to work, located in middle Georgia

nice work environment, friendly co-workers
super warehouse area, nice desk, great computer
family owned
Really nice place to work at. Really relaxed but very stern.
Siding Installer (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 23, 2018
It's was a fun place to be imploid through, but certain people their shouldn't hold the titles they Do because they are unfit for their position, but everyone's nice and they do amazing work.
Pros
Excessive hours.
Cons
15 min breaks, and lunch breaks.
The person who was the manager for the other schedulers was basically a puppet for the person in charge of marketing.
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHFebruary 5, 2018
Unless you are a butt kisser this isn't a good place to work. The person who was the manager only got the job because no one else wanted it. Poor place to work
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
Poorly trained and the owners didn't want to deal with that.
Poor
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 30, 2018
I worked for them only for a little while but there was NO training. Their definition of training was you sitting onside someone who wasn't their for a year watching them talk on the phone when that kind of job is clearly hands on. The supervisor wasn't aware of some of the questions, but over all its way to many PERSONAL relationships at that job that interferes with the professionalism that supposed to be the main priority. They were very unprofessional. In my opinion.
Pros
You were paid every week.
Cons
They didn't take recognition in YOUR work.
I loved my job.
Siding Installer/Window Installer (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 22, 2018
A quality business providing the best windows and doors. In the time I was with Alan Gwaltney in Liberty Lake, WA, I learned a great deal and every customer was pleased with their new windows and doors. I love to see that pleasure in people and knowing that I helped to fulfill that was a good feeling.
Pros
So many to list.
Cons
None.
lead based construction sales position
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 21, 2018
overall was a great place to work so long as you don't mind working for and earning your keep. management will help you as much as they can to ensure your success and thus the companies.
Pros
create your own schedule
Cons
commission base job
Think Twice
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 30, 2017
If you do not do as the owner asks he will get an attitude and adventurely he will let you go. Does not appreciate his loyal employees. Gets customer complaints on his customer service and blames his employees when the customer is wrong.
Pros
flexible schedule in winter
Cons
no benefits what so ever or apperiated
Great plaace tp earn money
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Window world of western massDecember 24, 2017
It was a Very good place to start a small business.working with the customer was always great you are your own boss and you make great friends along the way..
Pros
Make as much as you needed
Loved that every job was usually never the same.
Siding Installer/Window Installer (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 25, 2017
I would like to work for Window World again.
I've been in residential construction most of my life and I enjoy the nuances that come along with window installation. The physical labor aspect of window installation keeps me healthy and for there to be a perfect install one must continuously use one's intellect.
Pros
Physicaly healthy. Attention to detail sharpened. Meet nice people.
Cons
There aren't any.
Productive and fast paced work place
Consultant/Installer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 20, 2017
A day at work with Window World is helping the customer find a wonderful replacement window, door, siding, etc. option for their home. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction and knowledge of helping customers update the value and comfort of their home.
Fun work place.
Window Installer (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 16, 2017
A typical day at work consist's of loading windows into a trailer, in which they are heavy. Drive to the job site, install window's, vacuum, load old window's into the trailer and then leave. Leaned how to install window's and doors, how to insulate and how to install trim. Management was good. Hardest part of the job was lifting the window's up. Most enjoyable part was going out to different job site's and see the different window's that people have.
Pros
Paid lunch and travel.
Cons
The window's are heavy.
not a great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHOctober 8, 2017
management is poor training is poor even if you are on time and only days missed were for medical reason with a notice they will still get rid of you if they dislike you no matter how many successful calls you have
Cons
short breaks and you eat as you work
Good place to learn the window and roof business.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYOctober 2, 2017
Worked many hours to get good leads. No future there. Spent most of my time searching for leads as opposed to selling products.Unable to make any decent money.
Pros
Made some money
Cons
Learned about products
Do not trust ANYONE that works for Window World
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHSeptember 23, 2017
Do yourself a favor and consider this job temporary. Unless you are liked by the nut job management or you are related to the family that runs this place, you are doomed from the start. The training is a joke. You have zero room for growth and if you make a mistake due to either their horrible archaic systems or their garbage training, you are made to feel like you are completely worthless. Do not try to befriend anyone there because they all will talk about you behind your back. Office politics are more important to these people than getting their job done right.
Pros
Smoke breaks, friendly owners, decent cake.
Cons
Drama, unprofessional management