Windsor Communities Employee Reviews

You work a lot
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 9, 2018
The company over all is pretty good. If you're wanting to work towards a career and already have a deegree this is good for you. If you want to work on education while working here you wont get that. You work 40+ hours a week, the job is very stressful, and ALL the staff is everchanging. You will get told one thing by maagement and then they will do the opposite.
Pros
Do a lot for the community, Good Benefits, Competitive Pay
Cons
You work your life away, Management is ever changing
October 31, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear your pros, especially as we strive to have a positive presence in our local communities. We are sorry to hear about your comments of work/life balance and management. We want to be able to address these concerns as they do not reflect what we want to achieve for our employees. We encourage you to contact HR at HR@gid.com for any further comments or suggestions.

Windsor Communities
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 19, 2019
I fell in love with this company, it wasn't a career I ever thought about doing but it brought me so much opportunity so I was excited to go on this new adventure. I need a higher pay with flexible hours. No bad words for this company, it's just not for me anymore.
Pros
Clothing allowances
Cons
Terrible management in LA Region
Garbage
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAOctober 25, 2018
My Maintenance Supervisor was a complete low life and so was the regional managers. The property manager that was my boss was very two faced and dressed inappropriate very unprofessional. Very clicky and cut throat. The pay and benefits are good but you have no life when you work at Windsor. My Supervisor flooded the building the first week I worked there. Even though I left after being harassed for year by my teammates they still give me the bad reference even though I was reliable and hard working. when I worked in Washington all the staff were great and regional was awesome. As soon as transferred to Redwood City it was awful.
Pros
pay free apartment
Cons
everything else
October 31, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and are sorry to hear about your negative experience. Windsor has zero tolerance for harassment or discriminatory behavior. We strive to create the best environment for our employees and encourage you to contact HR at HR@gid.com.

Executive Management STINKS (Waltham MA)
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 8, 2019
Plan to work in a micromanaged environment with an overbearing Executive that lies and dictates every move of every associate that works in her region. It's really pathetic.
not a good place
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 14, 2018
this company lacks ethics. They are very discriminatory in my opinion and I would never recommend a friend to work here. They have their cliques and if you are not a part of it they will exclude you and try to pit people against you. Pay is horrible and hours are ridiculous for this type of work. You are constantly being judged by upper management and your work is never good enough. They will look for any excuse to fire you.
Pros
Cons
everything
August 9, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and are very sorry to hear that your experience was negative. We are concerned with your comments, as they in no way reflect Windsor’s culture or what we strive to achieve in our workplace. Windsor has zero tolerance for any discriminatory behavior. We want to be able to address these issues directly and encourage you to reach out to HR at HR@gid.com to discuss them.

Amazing place to work
Leasing Consultant Whiteplains, NY (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 10, 2019
A typical day would be responding to leads, following up on previous tours, confirming scheduled tours. property walk through.

I learned that no matter what always create a sense of urgency when discussing an apartment home with a future resident

Very diverse atmosphere

Hardest part of my job was leaving

Conducting tours is what I enjoyed most
Pros
Bonus and wardrobe allowance
Cons
short lunch break
Great place to work at with good pays.
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 22, 2018
It is a great place with a very organ lobby with very expensive chairs. There are great employees who inspires resident to make it better place. Windsor communities took care of both employee and there residents.
Pros
Fifteen minutes break
Cons
Fifteen minutes breaks
Excellent experience
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 20, 2018
Windsor is in my opinion the best company to work for in the very cut-throat apartment industry.The owner takes interest in the success of all the employees.
Great Company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 11, 2018
Great property management company to work for. The pay is good and the properties are nice. Upper Management is great as well and they take care of their employees.
Excellent !
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 21, 2017
I began working at The Monarch while still employed with the state. Generally, worked the overnight shift. Honestly, I've pretty much had a 2nd job most of my adult life and by far this was the best experience. As a Concierge, the most rewarding was assisting the residents. Many, many great and interesting people and conversations. Beautiful environment to work in. My co-workers were good people and management, maintenace, custodial staff were a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Employee perks, work environment

Want to know more about Windsor Communities?

Ask a question
After 6 years, dropped like a bad habit
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 20, 2017
I worked for Windsor from 2011 through 2016 as a Maint. Supervisor. In the beginning it couldn't have been better, but slowly major changes, Regional managers were let go and not replaced which put more burden on Supervisors. Try explaining a bad Hydro heating system to someone who knows nothing. It hurt to be let go after 6 years, i worked my butt off, even worked through recovering from Stage 3 colon cancer and they still let me go after selling a sister property. Now there hiring Upper management positions for maintenance to people who have never worked in the field...GOOD LUCK
Pros
My Team at the site was awseome
Cons
Middle management, meddles where they shouldnt
Very Porrly Managed Company
Management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2017
A lot of favoritism and fraternization. Think twice before you make the commitment. The pay will seem nice but trust me it comes with a price. There is a lot of politics in this company. Either you are in the "in" crown or you are not. They will tell you your opinion matters but trust me when I say, do not voice your opinion. Talk with people who work there. They will tell you the same. Very low moral due to upper management.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Everything Else
Goal
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 24, 2017
In seek.of advancement . Would like.to achieve regional position . The.company is great and work security is the positive about this company. I would recommend to other individuals
Pros
Company culture
Cons
Advancement
Don't be fooled by free apartment!
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 23, 2017
ZERO work life balance as a maintenance guy. This job totally consumes your life and every other maintenance guy there is burnt out. They don't pay any better than other property management company but the main issue here is they really don't care at alll about their employees. Very High turnover, the only ones who stay are the ones trapped by the "free apartment" which you get paid less if you live on site but they don't pay you enough to live within 20 minutes of the property but expect you to be on call and respond at all times of the night, every night, multiple times, without sleep and go to work and keep working by yourself because they don't hire enough people to upkeep luxury standards. They don't seem to understand that when you triple rents, tenants have high expectations but they refuse to spend a dime on workers to meet that expectation and they seem to think that changing the staff around will solve the issue. Upper management is very incompetent because they never lifted screwdriver in their life and have NO idea what it takes to never sleep, work hard physical labor, and never get to leave the property...all to make unfair pay.

They still pay 90s wages in 2017 Denver market but can't afford to pay better when they triple rent and rip off tenants. I get it's a business but there is a lot of greed in this company. Wait for your 40 cent raise...then they have a conference bragging how they have 11 BILLION in buyer power this year.

Happy job searching!
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Free apartment not really free, low pay, way too much work for amount of employees, discriminating and hostile environment, no sleep, time lost from family, high turnover, political
Best company to work for!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesOctober 19, 2015
Windsor is a great company with tremendous growth potential. The DM & RVP are very supportive and dedicated to ensuring a positive employee experience. Even if you are new to the industry, Windsor has a great training department that will help you along the way. As an employee, I feel appreciated and valued.
Pros
Company paid career apparel, company events, compensation & benefits
Fast-paced work environment with access to career development
PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2016
Windsor Communities offers a great deal of professional career development. Daily routines vary, allowing associates to sharpen skills in many different areas. Management provides adequate support and recognizes employee achievements.
Pros
Employee Incentives and recognition
Cons
Inadequate staffing
Great company
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMarch 25, 2018
Very nice place to live and work, great support from regional maintenance coordinator. Great area, wonderful residents. Great walk score, everything to could want
Pros
Free apartment
Loved my life with Windsor
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 10, 2016
Windsor truly believes that its employees are its greatest assets. They treat you with respect. They allow employees of all levels to learn as much as they want and value opinions. They do their best to spread the Windsor spirit with events like rallys, team lunches, christmas parties, occasionally a team building event like habitat build or picnic. Their health benefit rates can not be beat! The hardest part of the job is staying up beat when being pulled down by residents, the most enjoyable part is coworkers.
Pros
free lunches, GREAT health benefit rates, feeling valued
Cons
Because of so many competent people in the organization, promotions are competitve but they usually come from within
its a job
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  woodbridge VaNovember 25, 2017
great place to work, good at the property level, management is good and corporate is easy to talk to. wish they would pay more but other than that its ok.
Pros
great property
Cons
not enough money
Love the Immediate management. Regional mgt... something else
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 21, 2016
Was a great staring place. My direct boss was awesome. Regional VP tried to control every aspect of the job, but couldn't remember what he had told his people last week. Too much paper work for Maintenance supervisors. Way too much micro-managing. The company itself really takes care of the employees though. Some very good people.
Pros
Great benefits like free apt for maintenance techs
Cons
Some "old school" ways

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Windsor Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight