Windsor EMS Inc. Employee Reviews

Great field staff but management needs to learn to lead
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Clear Lake, TXAugust 13, 2019
Generally speaking the field staff (paramedics, EMTs, Van drivers) are AMAZING... Windsor has a tendency to hire green providers so there is the learning curve for them from moving from school to the field but most of them are motivated and know their stuff. Because they are younger you do have some young egos to deal with but they are good people. There is a good mix of calls, no you won’t run heavy trauma, but you get a good mix of very acute medical calls. All said it is a good place to build some experience. As for the cons... management DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO LEAD... the culture is punishment based verses recognition-based (the new supervisor could be an exception to this rule if he can survive burn-out), you have to BEG for working equipment and adequate supplies, the trucks are VERY pretty but maintenance is subpar (the Maintenance staff does what they can but are limited due to management), and dispatch is given to much power. Also Windsor has a bad reputation in the industry
Good employees horrible owners
Wheelchair Accessible Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Nassau Bay, TXFebruary 3, 2019
The staff was great to work with, always friendly, and just pleasant to deal with. Only when having to deal with the owners and do as they said did the management become an issue. Issues brought up about equipment was never repaired or replaced. Any time the owners didn't like you consider yourself lucky to have a job the following day.
Pros
Free time between scheduled activities
Cons
Short/no notice before scheduling changes, lack of pay between early activity when completion and start of day.
Decent place of work
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJanuary 19, 2019
Fairly organized facility of EMS transport and care. Flexibility with scheduling, within reason in regards to professionalism and functionality. Dress code was neat and also professional. Management handled mishaps well, keeping them confidential. Fair treatment and time management with fair distribution of work to employees. Over all, decent.
Pros
Fixed schedules, benefits, location, times, pay
Cons
Plan a few hours of over time with this career choice
Mostly reg patients, Great co-workers,
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2019
Typical day includes several transports from nursing homes to hospitals or dialysis centers. Many are regulars and you get to know the patients. As an EMT-B it has been a great transition for getting used to medical transport and utilizing the skills I've learned. It's easy to pick up useful skills from co-workers, who are great I might add. Overall it's a great place for a new EMT to begin their career in EMS. The patients are easily the best part of the job. Management is questionable sometimes but for the most part, do well. The hardest thing to get used to is the lack of a station to return to. They will have you post in a certain area for the shift which means you are in the ambulance all day waiting for calls.
Pros
Great co-workers, good place to learn
Cons
No station to return to
Amazing staff!
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2019
Windsor EMS has not only hired me to a position but accepted me into their family. The support I’ve recieved from the upper level management and my co-workers has been tremendous. I would recommend this place for anyone who is looking to not only change lives by helping patients, but who is also looking for a position where they can truly fall in love with.
Pros
Management and Ambulances
Cons
Wouldn’t recommend if you do not have a work ethic
Great work environment
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXJanuary 17, 2019
Love my job and the people I work with.. Great partners and good equipment. Good hours and at least a 40 hr work week and some overtime if u want it. Windsor works with ur schedule well and tries hard to make all their employees happy.
Pros
Scheduling, friendly co workers
Cons
At times poor communication
its a nice place to work
EMT-Intermediate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77058November 29, 2018
I enjoy working at Windsor. Windsor is a small company. It has its pros and cons but over all is a nice place to work. I really enjoy working at our station.
Worst EMS transfer service I've ever worked for.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXOctober 9, 2018
Seriously poor management. Unorganized, no regards for actual patient care. They will nickle and dime employees from day one with "mandatory" fees. No direct deposit, paydays on Mondays but only AFTER 4 p.m.
I personally witnessed management upgrade calls in order to charge for MICU trucks.
Pros
Not one i can think of
Cons
Too many to list
I love my WEMS family!
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Nassau Bay, TXAugust 13, 2018
I have been a dispatcher here for about 3 years and I absolutely love what I do! From the staff, to our patients, to all the minor tasks in between each main task, I love this company!
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Hours
A company I feel proud to work for
AEMT (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXAugust 12, 2018
I have work for Windsor EMS for only a month, but have been familiar with them for several years. They have always had a good reputation for both taking care of their employees and excellent customer service. I've seen in just a month that the reputation is accurate. I've been treated very well and have seen first hand this company's commitment to their clients and patients. I feel comfortable here and feel like I'm truly valued. I would recommend Windsor to my friends in EMS as an excellent place to work.
Pros
They truly work with you with your schedule
Cons
Don't always get off on time, but that's the nature of EMS
I love this company.
Wheelchair Driver (Current Employee) –  Nassau Bay, TXAugust 10, 2018
I have been with this company for nearly 6 months, and haven't had any complaints. Most companies these days don't want to give you your 40 hours. Windsor on the other hand, they give you your 40 hours and then some. I love working here and love the people I work with. Everyone is friendly and helpful. My boss is extremely understanding, and tried to help you as best as he can. I would definitely recommend working for this company. The pay is decent, and the insurance in my opinion isn't very expensive. The one thing I would change, if I could, it how we are paid. They don't offer direct deposit. Other than that, it's a great company to work for.
Pros
Friendly staff & 40+ hours
Cons
No direct deposit.
Unprofessional Management
Billing Department Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXAugust 8, 2018
Owners badger staff, speak rudely to staff. verbally attack employees for made up topics never related to their positions.
I felt necessary to file EEOC complaint for harassment and disability discrimination due to being badgered by owners wanting to have a copy of my medical records. Totally illegal!
Pros
staff
Cons
owners
great place
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Fort Bend County, TXAugust 8, 2018
great place to work nice money plenty of overtime overall a enjoyable work atmosphere. Windsor was an amazing place for me to work. the people were genuine and understanding. they let me work extra hours whenever i wanted to.
Pros
overtime
Cons
Ems
Unique learning experience, Superior Management
Billing Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2018
If you are in the medical billing industry, Windsor provides a unique learning experience, as ambulance billing stands alone. Physician, surgical, and facility billing can become monotonous and your work day can drag. Consequently, the ambulance industry requires delicate focus and critical skill thinking when entering charges and following up on claims. Every day is interesting as the calls come in and new billing scenarios arise.
The staff/management at Windsor is constantly striving to be the best in the industry - across the board (from those out in the field to those working behind desks). If you are looking for a new experience to keep you on your toes and moving in a positive direction with a growing company, come to Windsor!
Pros
Great Opportunities, Interesting Work
Cons
Houston Traffic of course
Great family oriented company
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Clear Lake, TXAugust 1, 2018
This company is a family driven, respected company. The staff and management are very helpful, welcoming and accommodating. I’m happy to be given the opportunity to work here.
Very fun and exciting
Wheelchair Attendant (Current Employee) –  Nassau Bay, TXAugust 1, 2018
Co workers are very energetic and fun, managment is very understanding and will help you when you need it, the experience of driving for Windsor is different from any other job.
Awesome
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Clear Lake City, TXAugust 1, 2018
Great place to work ....My partner is awesome and the staff all around is great...The trucks are new and are kept up. Dispatch is the key to it all. All the office staff at anytime you need anything they are there for you .
Great Place to work
Adminstrator (Current Employee) –  Clear Lake City, TXAugust 1, 2018
I have been here over 5 years. I have the opportunity to learn more than I ever expected which gives you the opportunity to grow and advance within the company.
Pros
Insurance PTO
Very fun place to work
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 31, 2018
People are amazing! Great management. Dispatchers are very fair and objective. Recommend to work here! The equipment is new and functioning. Supervisors are amazing.
Pros
Awesome people
Wheelchair Technician (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 31, 2018
It is a nice family orientated business that cares about its about it's patients but also it's employees, they offer benefits such as vision dental etc. I have never heard a disrespectful word around the workplace everyone I have meet has been friendly and respectful. I have always gotten my full hours usually a few over. I enjoy the daily interaction with different people helping them sometimes just speaking to someone you see at a facility each time you go. For me it's a great job , I move around all day ,good pay , oh and excellent dispatchers nice and cheerful I get good morning almost every morning which believe it or not is a nice start to my morning. If this is your field and enjoy this work,come join us
Pros
Good pay great coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Windsor EMS Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.