Windsor House, Inc Employee Reviews

2.4
Ratings breakdown
Horrible management
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Burton, OHApril 27, 2018
Horrible management, changes hands so much you never know who the DON is. If you aren’t in the click you are no body and will be turned on. Would not recommend this place to my worse enemy.
Bad manager
Cook/Manager (Current Employee) –  ChampionMarch 13, 2018
Management not very good and not fair to employees . Overall nice and very good company to work for I have been with the company for 4 years and love it and I love the cooking environment
Benefits
Cons
Management and stress
This company cares about their residents and staff.
STNA (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMarch 6, 2018
Great company to work for. Very compassionate and accommodating. The work can be hard, but it is very rewarding. It doesn't smell bad like some homes, and it is very clean.
Pros
good people
Would not recommend anyone for future employment.
Refuse (Current Employee) –  RefuseMarch 2, 2018
Poor management lacking compassion. Advertise flexible scheduling but due to short staff continuously that is not the case. Various departments are asked to assist with meal delivery taking away from their own productivity in assigned department.
Pros
Working with residents
Cons
Short staffed. Scheduling.
Stressful, Understaffed, negative
STNA (Former Employee) –  Liberty, OHFebruary 18, 2018
Extremely stressful, nurses are unwilling to ever help. Short stacked, yet still a demand to do things as if you were staffed. Underpaid & Unapperciated.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Short staffed, poor management, lazy nurses
Manager plays favorites
STNA (Former Employee) –  Columbiana, OHDecember 18, 2017
My routine never changed. I came in got report, starting getting residents ready for dinner. Changed the residents that needed changed. Got all the residents ready for dinner then moved them out to the dinning room. Once all the residents were in the dining area we thickened the residents drinks that needed it. Once dinner trays got there we would feed the residents that needed help. Once dinner was complete we would take all the residents back to their room and get them ready for bed.
Pros
Extra dollar an hour you worked for the pay period as long as you met the requirements to earn it.
Cons
Resident to aide ratio was between 10-12:1
Great co workers, terrible mangement
STNA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Austintown, OHNovember 30, 2017
Loved the aides I work with, but the management and therapy department throw up under the bus all the time, are constantly breathing down your neck, and try to write you up for everything. Constantly understaffed and you are still expected to do the work of 3 people and have it done before lunch (11am). Severely under paid for what the aides have to put up with. Most nurses don't help, management doesn't help, therapy doesn't help. The only people you can rely on are your fellow aides.
Pros
Semi flexible
Cons
Pretty much everything
Place to be if you like to be under paid.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  PANovember 9, 2017
Low pay bad management. Very unorganized. Clean facility. Cnas are worked hard with no compensation and treated badly. No thank you or appreciation for going above and beyond
Cons
Very low pay and no raises.
if your not in the click for get it
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Burton, OHMay 12, 2017
12 hr days /management is on your back at all times / always short nurses and aids /hardest part of the job charting on paper they are not on computers /if they don't like you your out
Pros
bonus
Cons
management
ok job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Churchill, OHDecember 26, 2016
Working for Windsor house was an experience I definitely won't forget. The employees were slackers and the management really didn't do much about it. The residents are all that I miss about Windsor house.
Don't waste your time..
STNA (Former Employee) –  Champion, OHJuly 9, 2016
I worked per diem, was crystal clear in my interview of what I could and couldn't work, yet they constantly scheduled me for more hours and different days.. Also due to call offs and poor scheduling errors, I only received two days of training when you're supposed to have 10. The worst of the situation is the way the way the staff treated each other. Poor attitudes and low moral cause a tense work environment.
Pros
Clean facility
friendly environment
LPN/ RN (Current Employee) –  Burton, ohSeptember 8, 2013
best coworkers,busy but manageable,flexible. I like the 12hrs shifts
Pros
fellowship, team work
Cons
wages and benefits
Great management team.. values abound!
Admission Director (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 9, 2012
If you are looking for a company where you want to feel you are making a real difference in people's lives this is the place. Everyone is supportive to each other, co-workers genuinely care about each other. Not a high stress work place. Management has an open door policy..no one is ever too busy.Would have never left this perfect job if not for relocation.
Pros
caring staff-good old fashioned values
Cons
sometimes felt i didn't have enough time in a day