Windsor Employee Reviews

Great discounts but horrible morale
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, MDJanuary 16, 2019
Horrible management. Unrealistic dress code. Bad hours. Bad work environment. For some reason you’re only allowed to wear sandals with palazzo pants and maxi dresses. I was told you’re only allowed to wear gladiator sandals at that. You aren’t allowed to bring your own bag to work for your belongings. You must keep your belongings locked up in a clear bag in a cabinet at all times. They do NOT provide the employees with lockers. Everything about the store is very unorganized. I only stayed for the 40% discount.
Pros
40 percent discount
Cons
Short break, lack of hours, lack of respect, lack of leadership.
No career advancement
Corporate worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2019
•No proper training or regular QA's
•Absolutely no career advancement programs
•No annual reviews/ raise
•Shifty and stubborn upper management, very close minded and not open to new ideas.
•Late and behind on fashion trends
•Will shut down a work day to pay for amenities such as; electricity problems and will take it out of your paycheck
Pros
free lunch for buyers
Cons
all of the above
Great company to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 12, 2019
I fell in love with the company in my interview and during my training. It’s retail, so there is a high turn over rate as some students come and go without proper notification. But for those who want to invest their time in their job/make a career of their job this is the place to do so! Nothing goes unnoticed. Plenty of room for growth.
Pros
Consistent hours based on performance. Room for growth. Promote from within.
Cons
High turn over rate
Terrible management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WIJanuary 10, 2019
The location I worked at lost all 3 of it's managers in a short amount of time due to area manager not offering us any assistance from other stores nearby when we were shorthanded. It literally took losing the last assistant manager for them to transfer the old store manager back from a different location to take over. Upper management acts like they're too good to have a one on one conversation with you. They don't listen to your ideas or suggestions. They have a one size fits all mindset. Definitely don't waste your time with this company. It's got such a highschool drama feel to it I'm glad I left when I did.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
Upper management has a 'figure it out' attitude, is rude & does not offer solutions to problems
Company doesn’t care bout employees and lossy follows morals.
Co Manager (Full Time) (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CADecember 23, 2018
This company never promotes from within and only hires new employees. They do not know how to reward/appreciate their employees work. Overall would not recommend if you are looking for a team friendly environment.
Fun work environment but fast paced
CO-MANAGER (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARDecember 12, 2018
You have to able to work fast and efficient while providing great customer service. Recovery of the store can seem endless if you don't stay on top of it and communication between co-workers is key.
Pros
No down time
Cons
No down time
fun work place
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXDecember 10, 2018
the work place was fun the employees all get along with each other every one did there duties the management was fair and fun to work with the customers for the most part were ok
Not the best
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 7, 2018
Had a lot of cute clothes in the store. I could tell it was a nice company overall but the management located at my store was terrible to say the least.
Pros
Nice breaks
Cons
Very gossipy environment
Eh. I wouldn’t go back
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CADecember 4, 2018
I struggled a lot during my last year due to the immoral and unethical standards of the company. I was an MIT and I had a lot going on personally and was not supported and rather I was put under a lot of pressure. Also my manager did a lot of unethical things.
Management needs ALOT OF WORK
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 30, 2018
The atmosphere was horrible! Drama all the time, the managers dont take their girl’s hard work into consideration! We work and work, cover shifts, and stay later ALL THE TIME! When management decides to actually work as a team the store will work SO MUCH BETTER! Work should be your second home not H E L L on earth
Pros
Discount
Cons
Managers
Exciting, quick paced environment with endless growth opportunity
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 19, 2018
Windsor is fast growing because of its competitive and quick paced environment. Opportunities are endless with this company with hard work and dedication
Very productive
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 8, 2018
This job is a learning experience for me. It's very fast-paced, but chill at the same time. Just be ready to work, the management is very poor, but I'm sure things will get better.
Pros
Employee discount, 10 minute break on clock
Cons
Management unprofessional
productive
Picker (Current Employee) –  South Gate, CANovember 2, 2018
It is a very productive place. But yet the pay is no good you don't get a raise doesn't matter how long you've been working there. Management has a lot of preference. People are not treated equally there is no growth in that company unless you are a very good friend with the managers.
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 28, 2018
I love working there because it helps me to build customer service and get along with management and associates. This place is for workers who enjoyed helping customers finding outfits they need, how to dress and match.
Cons
Short breaks
Sales Associate (Stylist) (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXOctober 25, 2018
Very loose cannon manager, very uptight and gets upset easily, if it weren't for her making not want to go to the job, and the very small pay I actually liked it, very fun coworkers and customers! Everyone that has left (including myself) complained it was because of the SM.
Pros
New friends
Cons
Small pay, bad managers
Cute dresses chill environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Streamwood, ILOctober 20, 2018
It was fun working at Windsor. Pretty simple the clothes were super cute and the dresses are gorgeous. They have a great employee discount and employee appreciation week which was nice!
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Cut hours
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Norridge, ILOctober 11, 2018
I became a manager at Windsor after two months of working. I learned about inventory, payroll, scheduling and display. I motivated team members. I made sales and provided merchandise to customers while overseeing my co-workers.
I liked the atmosphere but not good management or HR
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAOctober 4, 2018
Windsor was a good place too work but I was thrown in to a Assistant Management position with very little training or help along the way. when i did ask for help they were not to nice about helping me and would typical let me just figure it out alone because they did not have time to help me.It also took HR 2 months before the rolled over my new pay rate which made my personal life extremely difficult. I would suggest to not become a Manager at all and just to stay a sale associate until you can find a better management job at another store.
Pros
Atmosphere was good
Cons
Not able to take lunches because under staffed, Pay rate roll over took 2 months, Higher Management did not want to help train at all
Fast paced high energy
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 3, 2018
Very high energy and the passion for the latest trends is required to get hired. No past job experience needed. also required to only wear their clothings.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough pay
Terrible Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 1, 2018
Management was terrible. A typical work day was doing what the managers should be doing, or watching them do their makeup in the mirrors. Before opening managers would be late because of coffee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Windsor. Our community is ready to answer.