Windsor Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Norridge, ILOctober 11, 2018
I became a manager at Windsor after two months of working. I learned about inventory, payroll, scheduling and display. I motivated team members. I made sales and provided merchandise to customers while overseeing my co-workers.
I liked the atmosphere but not good management or HR
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAOctober 4, 2018
Windsor was a good place too work but I was thrown in to a Assistant Management position with very little training or help along the way. when i did ask for help they were not to nice about helping me and would typical let me just figure it out alone because they did not have time to help me.It also took HR 2 months before the rolled over my new pay rate which made my personal life extremely difficult. I would suggest to not become a Manager at all and just to stay a sale associate until you can find a better management job at another store.
Pros
Atmosphere was good
Cons
Not able to take lunches because under staffed, Pay rate roll over took 2 months, Higher Management did not want to help train at all
Fast paced high energy
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 3, 2018
Very high energy and the passion for the latest trends is required to get hired. No past job experience needed. also required to only wear their clothings.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough pay
Terrible Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 1, 2018
Management was terrible. A typical work day was doing what the managers should be doing, or watching them do their makeup in the mirrors. Before opening managers would be late because of coffee.
Opportunity for Growth
Sales Assistant Manager/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CASeptember 22, 2018
There is plenty of opportunity for growth with Windsor if you are dedicated and hardworking you can get promoted quickly. I had 2 promotions within the year I was working for Windsor.
Pros
Opportunity for Growth
Cons
Compensation
Cool
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJSeptember 21, 2018
Normal sales job. Horribly unorganized and bad bosses. Bad hours and bad work life. Hated everything about working there during my time. Would not recommend.
no work-life balance and very stressful
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  GASeptember 15, 2018
be prepared to work long hours, weekends, and holidays
face paced environment
minimal training
responsible for high sales goals
dress code policy
can be unorganized and not enough coverage
always looking for improvements
low retention rate
improve customer service skills and gain confidence
will most likely meet the president of the company
overwhelming and hectic at times
customers and loss prevention are the main priority
Pros
employee discount, family based company
Cons
short breaks, inconsistent hours, compensation is minimal, poor management
Very productive.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSSeptember 14, 2018
I enjoyed working at Windsor. It was a very friendly working environment, and I was trained very well during my orientation. I would have went back if I didn't decided to pursue my degree in English.
Family
Co-Manager/Store Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 29, 2018
It's a growing company, very family based and always looking for improvements. It teaches you how to become confident and gives all the tools to succeed.
Pros
discount, hands on, promised hours
Terrible place to work
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLAugust 24, 2018
Terrible place to work The manager of the store is not knowledgeable doesn’t know how to train and does not have a likable Are friendly personality She cannot keep employees employed
Pros
Discount
Cons
Not friendly
horrible workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYAugust 21, 2018
this was the worst place to work for . The district manager rosa was super unproffesional when it came to doing her job. She loved talking bad things about associates to other associates
Pros
40%off
Cons
pay, dm
I enjoy working directly with customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 4, 2018
Windsor gives me an oppurtunity to directly work with customers. It gives me a chance to perfect my customer service skills and learn different people and their interests.
okay
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJuly 28, 2018
It's a very fast paced environment nice pretty fun to work just rushed at the end when packing time.....................................................
fun retail job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 22, 2018
I was an assistant manager at Windsor, they gave me a huge opportunity so young in my career. the staff was great and I really enjoyed the structure of the business. you saw the regional managers at least twice a month and I even got to meet the president of the company. overall an exciting place to work my only complaint would be that the break policy a lot for the customer which was hard for me since I'm such a rule follower
bullies
Retail Sales Assistant Manager/Stylist (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAJuly 19, 2018
i was emotional and physically bullied at Windsor, i told the area manager, i told the regional manager and nobody cared, there were countless times i left work crying/
Nice people, comfortable/ relaxed corporate environment
PO Manager/Sample Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJuly 18, 2018
The corporate office is nice, everyone is consistently busy doing their work. However, the positions here can be very mundane and repetitive. All your days will basically look the same. If you like routine this is the place for you. Co-workers are friendly which is a plus!
Pros
Friendly people, comfortable/ relaxed corporate environment
Cons
Repetitive job positions
Very loyal company!
Full-Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJuly 18, 2018
Working for Windsor’s is amazing! They actual car about there employees and they are very fair with hours. I absolutely love working for this company!
Windsor
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2018
Loved my time at Windsor. Love the customers and few coworkers. Money was pretty good. Can get very overwhelming and hectic. Busy weekends and holidays!
Workplace culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 3, 2018
The workplace was rather fun. It was an enjoyable experience, aside from working with lazy employees. Personally, there have been incidents where I felt that things could have been handled in a different manner, but they were not.
Pros
flexible hours, breaks were adequate.
Cons
Small errors in scheduling, Management pressed employees to service customers TOO much
Horrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 2, 2018
the manager made me feel stupid for asking any questions on my first day of working. Loss provention is their main priority. Throwing away a tag on accident is like the end of the world to them. You get fired if you don’t meet your sales goals but the managers are the ones who decide if you get a sale or not.
Pros
Discount
Cons
horrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Windsor. Our community is ready to answer.