Windstream Communications
54Below average
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Windstream Communications Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA6 reviews
Install and troubleshoot all CPE and CO equipment. Also responsible for cat5,6 cable installation. Over the last 8years I've learned alot about networks and how they work. Anything from pots,dsl and t1 circuits and how they are wired out from the central office to the customers premises. Back office switch equipment that makes the service possible and Adtran/cisco IAD. Management requires me to work independently and the most enjoyable part of my job would be the satisfaction of knowing I play a big role in providing customers with excellent services.
not a good place to work period
I would not advise anyone to apply.

lacks training format,

no wage increases

costly benefits

caustic management

they are looking for a buyer
Pros
Cons
most everything
It's your typical sales job - grind it out chasing the carrot on the stick. If you do manage to make a sale, despite never being trained on what you are selling, there is a good chance that it will either fall apart during installation, or it will get deployed wrong - so kiss your commission goodbye. Once you actually make commission, there is a good chance that the company will restructure your attainment plan, so they can pay you less the next year.
If you stick it out through all that, you will be rewarded with a severance paycheck when they lay you off... I myself was laid off twice, though the first time was a clerical error they overlooked; I was only paid for the second layoff though. GOOD LUCK!
Company culture is exceptional customer experience. A joke. Not drinking the kool aid. Top Heavy. Preach from the Ivory Tower, without firsthand knowledge from the troops. Which way is the wind blowing? Ask management so they can preach new direction. Process driven company. This isn't a sales company and the leadership truly is clueless. Wouldn't be surprised to see changes if the stock continues to drop (even after the acquisitions --- Earthlink and BroadView).
The company has no idea what it wants to be when it grows up. They have acquired a number of good assets but do not know how to integrate them. The company does not have the patience that is required when turning around a market and rebuilding it from ground up.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
generaly very busy days, constant work flow, which makes the day go by quickly with great management
Pros
consistant 40 hours
Cons
very demanding postion