Windy City Call Center LLC Employee Reviews

Greart Job and Employees
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 3, 2019
Great job environment .great managementand flexible hours. and team players. On all levels.work at home opporrtunities available.Dwpending on location
Okay Company to work for.
Virtual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVDecember 11, 2018
Windy city llc was not bad to work for. 1 week of training witch was done virtually from home, I was on the Lyft campaign signing up drivers to Lyft. You have to read from a script which is done for legal reasons, I would recommend using a more up to date computer as my old laptop could not handle the systems you use and it broke down. You are paid twice a month on the 15th and last day of the month. This is a telemarketing position, not a customer service role. Alot of people had no idea why we called them. But after you explain that they submitted info on partner websites they kind of get it. This was an inbound calls only, you make outbound calls only to the people you already talked too. You will sometimes get sworn at, but that is part and parcel of the job
Pros
Work from home, cool trainers
Cons
Do not supply the computer equipment required. You are given a headset only
Dishonest leads, stressful environment, but there ARE good people here
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2018
I am someone who enjoys call center work. I like helping people. But this is glorified telemarketing. You think that you are going to be making a difference, especially in programs for jobs or college, but the schools are for profit and many of the job prospects signed up on accident/are cold calling handoffs with robots. My manager was not helpful but my trainers were amazing.

The people you have to speak with are rude and terrible not just cursing, but threats, intimidation, and even creeps who m*sturbate until the robot caller hands them to you on the dialer. I felt very uncomfortable working here even if I was meeting the quotas most of the time. The quotas all seem like 'luck' because if the call drops or you're never connected, it still goes against your quota.
Pros
Paid training, work-from-home, promotion from within, health plan
Cons
Stressful, terrible prospects, low pay, unsafe work environment
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 24, 2018
Steady work place. Its work from home. Great team members. Slightly hard to get in contact with management. Great hrs. Easy work. Everyrhing is done by phone and email.
Contradictory Company
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILOctober 5, 2018
While Windy City gave the impression of being a company with a strong moral core, the actual work of the company betrayed that. It was almost like participating in a bait and switch operation. Opportunities for advancement were rare and heavily weighed. Compensation was barely adequate. Overall, was not a good work experience.
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2018
The reps always had work to do which is what I liked about the workplace. I love to stay busy and get work done. We answered calls from a great number of clients and pointed them in the right direction of their concerns.
Awful!
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 9, 2018
Zero stars if allowed! Stay away!!! RUN from this company!!! Poor management. No room for growth. Low wages. High pressure and stress. Very clicky place , if your not in your out!!!!
Pros
zero
Great Work Life Balance From Home
Work from Home Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Work from homeJanuary 8, 2018
A typical day at work is answering calls on an automated dialing system, I have learned how to smile in my voice while giving customer service and setting appointments. Management are friendly but strict with quality assurance. The workplace culture is whatever you make it as your working from home, although there is a chat room for you to talk with other virtual co-workers. The hardest part of the job would be smiling in your voice when you dont feel like it, or accepting the criticism from the quality assurance on calls you have taken weekly. The most enjoyable part of the job is working from home and the flexibility of creating your own schedule.
Pros
Schedule flexibility, and working from home.
Cons
low pay, strict management on quality assurance each week
Good
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, IL 60005November 19, 2017
Good job to have with a home office the training was awesome and easy if customer service is your specialty this is a great place to work and gain more skills . easy to use rebuttals
Pros
remote work
Cons
time management
Decent if you want to work from home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILNovember 10, 2017
Very fast paced call center. If you can manage working from home it's fine. The pay is not great but you are working from home. You need to be able to handle constant phone calls. One call ends and literally the next one comes in once the first ends.
Telemarketing
Call Center Telecommuting Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILAugust 17, 2017
It was soliciting school information to prospective students. Most of the time you get hung up on and it was just a very mundane boring job. However, It's a work from home job and could be a good fit for mothers.
great communication for a work at home company..
Tier 2 Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILAugust 1, 2017
I think Windy City is a great place for anyone looking for a flexible scheldule with a great training program.

The Management team is great and informative. The QA team is
always willing to help you meet you goals with meetings every week.
really stressful
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2017
i loved that i could work from home, but I ultimately was stressed out and needed to leave. They were great people, but I needed something different. thanks!
Supervisors and managers get to know you. They are easy to contact and very helpful.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILOctober 29, 2016
You make your own time. Management are always reachable and able to help. I picked up great customer service skills. Working here was fun and enjoyable.
Pros
make your own hours.
Choosing my own schedule is the best part.
Virtual Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2016
Upper management is good at recognizing employees by sending holiday gifts and annual gifts. Friendly managers and they do hire from within. However, I've worked in other call center environments and they were not as strict on phone time. Here, If you have anxiety or ADHD, it will cause you to fall below company adherence with "talk time".
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Switching you to new campaings, Too many new training meetings, Given a limited number of personal time offs, Seemed good at first until unexpected events pop up and you have used up all personal time off
It is a good job fir what it is
VCC phone rep (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 8, 2016
at the very core of it all when this job puts a person on an education campaign they don't tell you that it will be for non-accredited schools which is a scam. me being a good person I could not continue on with this process.
Pros
pretty good pay and you work from home
Cons
lying cheating company
Quotas are a joke!
Customer Service Rep/ At home rep (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMay 9, 2016
After working for WCCC for a couple of years, they started cleaning house.. All the reps from one campaign got changed to a different dialer and quotas became impossible to meet. I went from winning awards to fired in a matter of 3 months.. really sad because I reached out many times to get a chance on a different campaign and was ignored.. I loved my job and I was sad when they let me go.. But no one seemed to care.. My QA scores were always top notch, attendance was pretty on point but when I couldnt meet the LPH standard like quite a few other people here lately we were all let go.. So as long as you can scrape by they leave you alone but dont slump for long or you are gone!
Pros
Work from home
Cons
no leniency, no real benefits.. 401k doesnt count
Wccc
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILApril 12, 2016
WCCC, is a nice place to work but the pay isn't so good and you have a daily quota to meet. On the plus side you get to work from home. They aren't as flexible as they say they are but I worked for them while I was pregnant and would recommend them to any expecting mother.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Daily quota, poor pay
Growing company with a great work/life balance
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Virtual Call CenterSeptember 18, 2015
A typical day is placing calls to people to who went online to put in applications for jobs to try to get them interested in going to school as well. We have quotas to meet. best case one person per hour who accepts the option to search for schools and we find up to 3 schools for each person. I've learned to be more self sufficient as I work at home not in an office. you have to have discipline to be able to sit in a quiet environment by yourself to take calls. Management is always there if you have questions or need help as long as you keep the lines of communication open. I only have access to co-workers through a chat room however it is a good place to get answers and just to talk about life in general and laugh. The hardest part is being in a quiet environment with noone to physically talk to and the middle of the month when it is hardest to meet quotas for the number of schools we set up for each caller. The most enjoyable part for me is getting paid of course, but also helping people realize they do want more and some use the opportunity to start something they've been wanting to do, but never did on their own.
Pros
I am at home so no traffic or gas or clothes to worry about, You get to choose your own schedule every 3 mos and a temp schedule change once a month if needed, Management is very approachable if you have questions or problems
Cons
There are no PAID vacation days, sick days, holidays, or good benefits
Difficult job
College Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMay 10, 2015
They do only care abiut quotas and if you don't make it, you are in trouble, this is an unrealistic quota and difficult to do. No benefits or paid vacations or time off. Hard when you are single and trying to pay rent and mortgage, car payments, doc.blow pay.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No benefits or time off that is paid.