Wine & Design

• Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

The good

I personally knew the owners. But kept our work life at home. Overall I loved working for them. And I would recommend this job to anyone. They are a fun, loving, supportive, and caring people that own's Wine & Designs(Gastonia N.C) & the employees including myself.

Pros

Seeing people laugh, smile, & having fun, Learn different things about painting painting everyday, & working with amazing group of people, getting to interact with people that come to paint & have s good time.

Cons

Was paid undertable, Didn't have a set schedule, Call me in last minute. Dealing with rude people.

Best Job I've Ever Had

Currently an employee here!I know I gave 4 stars, but that's just for the hours. Wine & Design is a little rough sometimes with getting enough hours/classes to teach. You can't live off of it alone, which is sad because the rest of it is fabulous, at least at my Fredericksburg, VA location. The woman who owns this location is empathetic and caring, honest, and fun. She feels like a friend without sacrificing our professionalism as a business. Perfect balance. When corporate let her start a franchise, they picked the right woman, so I have faith other locations may be just as good. Wine & Design seems to have a grasp on the fact that their employees are humans with faults and strengths and interests. They've even recently introduced Art Therapy workshops.I personally thrive getting to lead a room, and as an Art Instructor, that's what I get to do. I help folks have fun and learn something all in my own way as an artist.I could talk forever, but all in all, give this one a shot. I've never been happier anywhere else and I hope it stays that way.

Pros

can be yourself, subcontracted (control of your schedule), creative, tips in addition to pay, bonus if requested

Cons

not enough hours at times

Fun work place with scheduling flexibility

This is a family owned franchise since March 2019. The job is fun and allows you to interact with the public in a creative environment and help them create lasting memories.

Wine & Design Makes Me Feel Fine!

This company is excellent and fun to work for! They helped me get my servers permit and are really understanding and nice people! Some customers like to tip also during classes which is great! The studio is beautifully designed and offers a variety of classes to different age groups!

Lots of fun, not a lot of work

This is a great job for young, energetic artists looking for a good start. However, the hours are very inconsistent. Classes often have low registrations and therefore the tips are minimal.

Pros

Good for an art major

Cons

Work is minimal

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Fun and relaxed work environment

I loved my job teaching. Unfortunately, they didn't have enough hours to offer me after restructuring the business when the business was sold. My availability was also quite limited.

Art Instructor

Working for Wine and Design was wonderful. The atmosphere was great. The company has taught me to open my horizons, be more creative, and how to enlighten and relate with my customers.

Relaxed and fun place to work

I've enjoyed my time at Wine & Design. When I work, I'm either alone or just with the artist who is teaching that day's class. The owners are great to work with, and let me make a lot of decisions. They also appreciate my input and ideas. A typical day involves answering voicemails and emails, setting up for the day's class, cleaning and answering phone calls.

Pros

Discounted services, easy and enjoyable work

Fun and Challenging Environment

I loved working here. I went from assistant to instructor within a month, but unexpectedly had too many employees and let me go. This was the best job I ever had because of my fine arts degree.

Fun and easy going

show up, set up, teach people how to paint and then clean up. straight forward and enjoyable. not a lot of hours, but plenty of schedule flexibility. Boss is very accommodating.

Pros

Schedule flexibility

Cons

lack of hours

Fun and creative environment

Enjoyed working at Wine and Design and Natalie the owner was very kind and accomodating. She put alot of time into the business and wanted quality work from her artists. Unfortunately I had to relocate and would have continued working there otherwise. I would recommend this paint party business to others!

poor managment

this company is a franchise and I met the corporate staff which were wonderful. The the location I worked at in NY had a manger who was pretty clueless, poor at communication and organization. She made the job difficult. Working with customers and the job itself could be quite fun. Other franchise owners would probably be much better to work for.

Fun place to work :)

I LOVE working at Wine and Design! I get to build my own schedule, be creative, promote my artwork, and have fun at work. Who could ask for anything more?

The fun that people have in art, made it worth it!

I really enjoyed working at Wine&Design. Art is my passion and i love to meet and teach people. Over all the paint parties were a blast.The kids birthday parties were also fun.

Pros

At times you were your own boss.

Cons

The money was not always steady.

Fun people

Amazing artists, fun guests. I love painting and teaching classes, but it is difficult to work at a paint & sip with no alcohol allowed for public classes and with problems getting supplies delivered when needed.

Pros

complimentary classes

Cons

Independent Contractor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wine & Design. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3

InHerSight Score
3.5Personal Development
4.8Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight