Wine Rack Employee Reviews

Close to home workplace.
Customer Service, Sales, and Stock (Current Employee) –  Flanders, NJMarch 12, 2017
Stress-free environment with opportunities to meet a variety of different clientele; typical day consists of stocking merchandise and customer service.
Pros
Discount of Merchandise
Cons
No Advancement
The Wine Rack is a nice place to work.
Sales, Customer Service and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stratford ONFebruary 24, 2012
This was only a part-time casual position for me until I got fulltime work elsewhere. I received my Porvincial Ontario Wine Certicate from here which I will have for life.
Pros
flexible hours, learning the enjoyment of wine
Cons
fulltime work wasnt available
Okay but just not enough
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Onley, VADecember 30, 2011
The company over all was alright, I wouldn't call it the best company I ever worked for really. The management, meaning store management, was alright but there was a sort of social group which you had to fit in to survive. The district management, meaning Exxon it's self was baffling, the district manager often times had us doing strange and crazy things for little to no real reason. When asked, she gave vague answers and often times they hindered us more than helped us as employees.

Raises were few and far between, you were lucky to see one if at all. Benefits were excessively expensive, namely for an employee just starting out. Favoritism was the biggest issue, one employee was allowed to have off weekends while the others were forced to work through weekends and holidays all the time. Fairness was not their strongest suit obviously.

On the upside, the management did have your back in many incidents. This usually included when you carded someone for alcohol or cigarettes. Sometimes they were there when a customer became particularly, and for no reason, unruly. They at least supported their employees in that sense.
Pros
management backing
Cons
no breaks, too much work related drama, management hard to deal with, upper management strange and overbearing