Wings Etc.

Wings Etc. Employee Reviews

Relaxed atmosphere but can be fast-paced
Like all serving jobs, you are going to get what you put into it. Strive for excellence and provide great service, you’ll make pretty good tips or don’t and you’ll land around 10-15% which is ok too
Everyone leaves
They didn't pay me for almost four months, and they released personal information to an unauthorized individual who was not in my file. They stopped paying the employees for sometime and I'm still battling to get my wages. Everyone else left after I did since they were not getting paid, or they were treated poorly. The owners can't "afford" to pay their employees but live in a $400,000 house. They must be scraping the barrels if they can't pay their employees or using the business for their own benefits. One or two managers were cool, and the people I met here were the best! But, after those two issues, I couldn't do it anymore.
Pros
You can walk out and still have a job like most people did, meet cool people
Cons
Don't pay, release employee info to anyone, ownership not up to par, slow, doesn't pay too well
Would not recommend
Would not recommend anyone that had server experience if they want hours they don't give them, management is not good and honestly does not care about you. Kitchen is slow, and they seemed to prefer servers with no experience over those who do.
Productive and fast [placed worklace with fun people.
A fast placed work environment to build your interpersonal skills or work on your work ethic itself. Jobs include serving, hosting, cooking, etc. High quality management staff helps keep everything moving nicely.
High energy, fun environment
Fairly simple and straightforward job waiting on customers and providing the best possible experience for them while working for tips and competing for prime hours and sections.
Pros
discounted meals, accommodating management
Cons
lack of equal responsibility among employees
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
I enjoyed using my knowledge and creativity to do the in-store marketing art. And training teaching people things.
I was in charge of all in-store marketing and art. I drew all of our chalkboards or changing media I also did request to our marketing department for Facebook posts, discount cards, event Flyers and so much more. My second part is training I love teaching people the business and watching them absorb the knowledge I have from 20 years of service industry work
Pros
Being able to make new things and teach those things to thees
Cons
Will explain.
Wings is a great place to work! Flexible scheduling, great management, awesome staff and great customers!
Wings was by far my favorite place to work! My bosses were all great and understanding with my sports and college classes. Co workers were all awesome! Everyone works together and the customers are always great!
From the start of my job at Wings Etc. I was always on the go. It was busy most of the time. I learned to be quick and focused. Making sure I got everything done that I needed before going home.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Wings Etc.?
interesting kitchen
The work was fun and fairly relaxed, the only time it got busy was the lunch rush. it was different working with a bunch of felonies and ex cons, but I feel it was a good experience. Helping built better communication skills.
Would not work at Wings, horrible management. The store manager drinker on the clock!
Wings was not a good place to work. The store manager and Assistant sat at the bar drinking while open.. gave away drinks and liquor. If they had better and more responsible management it could work out.
Great atmosphere
Wings is a great place to either start young and work up or make some cash in transitional phases of life. I had a lot of fun and it wasn’t the worst paying job just could be better for the amount of work that you do and the amount of business they have.
It's an ok place
Nice concept for a restaurant. Pay is not high enough to compete with local market. Making it hard to keep talented help. To many egos from every level of staffing.
Pros
Most of the customers and staff are friendly.
Cons
Shaky foundation
Ghetto
The managers are ghetto and bring family life to work.I was treated very unfair in a particular situation and the pay didn't match the stress you deal with.
Good fun, Bad Pay
This was my first serving job, but coming from a sales and customer service background it was an easy transition. I had eaten at Wings Etc. Before and knew the drill.

Anyways, the pay was excellent starting out in the busy season (March madness when I started) and I averaged $25-30 per hour from tips, not bad. I was also kept busy enough for management to not micro manage and ask for help doing their own job.

However, when the slow season came around, I was making next to nothing, roughly $4-6/hour. Managers started to micro manage and relay their duties to me, since I wasn’t busy. Now I was/am working harder for far less pay. What’s worse, is the managers started to hire more people and over schedule servers, meaning less tables and therefore less money.

Overall the coworkers were what kept me hanging on for so long, but I’m at a breaking point and leaving as soon as I find something more steady.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Inexperienced management
Relaxed and great for teenagers and young adults. Not much money.
Wings is a great company, with a knack for hiring a nice staff that usually gets along well. It is a perfect job for students in high school that are looking to make some extra money and even great for those who really like the business and want to work in the kitchen after school to make money for savings. However I don't think the pay is good enough to support the standard of living. They start you out at 10.50 and give you up too a 50 percent raise every 6 months, but that's only if you've worked there for 4 months. There are oppurtunities to advance in the company if you do online testing and prove that you can handle it. Though I was offered the job and didn't want it because I believe the work load is doubled and you only make an extra dollar for it.
Pros
50% Off any meal and appetizer every shift for you alone. Free Drinks. Great Friendly staff
Cons
Bad Pay. Dont hit 40 hours ever.
Great
Super Great. Super fun, Great time, Lovely experience. I learned so much. The customers were great. #fun #wine #indeed #educational #longisland #newyork
The bartenters are awesome. The bar atmosphere was amazingl
The bartenders are awesome and most of the customers were nice as can be. Certain mangers were nice and got a long with great. The atmosphere there was always pretty much fun
Pros
Fun people
Cons
No breaks no benefits management was horrible
it was ok
it was ok, where i was manager was completely sucked so i left but it was pretty fun working there, pay wasn’t allot but better then fast food and making all the different stuff you made was fun to do
Pros
pretty laid back place, lol snuck a few boneless wings here and there
Cons
only thing bad for me was the management at my place just was bad in general
good place to work
I would recommend Wings's Etc. to another person. It was a good place to work but needs to work on atmosphere and other things that are dealing with management.
It’s an okay job
The place is alright just expensive to eat there every day. Just wished they had free food for works. And wish they were understanding when you have appointments or having class
Pros
one free T-shirt
Cons
Have to pay for you lunch it not free. It’s only 50% off still expensive
Awful just awful
This is an awful place to work whether it's in the kitchen or the front of house. The only type of person that prospers here is the one who doesn't really need money to begin with (college kids whose parents pay for their bills). The Cape Girardeau store is ran by two women who are incredibly controlling and micro manage every aspect of the store. They pick their favorites and nit pick the rest of the crew into leaving. They have favorites who get all the good shifts and the rest of the servers will not make money. You will not advance or be given a raise hardly ever as a cook. They have incredibly high turnover of employees because nobody can make money there due to their favoritism and lack of business. Don't waste your time here, the training takes way too long and you will quit within a few months after you realize you aren't going to make any money (as a server). They also can not keep a third manager due to the first two managers making life awful for the third manager. Even the ones who have been their the longest hate it and nobody ever returns. Please trust me and avoid this place at all cost you have been warned.