WINGS for Kids Inc. Employee Reviews

Decent for the experience
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2018
The only thing I loved about this job was working with the children. Management could use more training at times felt the program was quite unorganized and unprepared. They could also provide more relevant training during the week you train in Charleston to help prepare for the type of problems you may come in contact with.
Pros
Working with children, the experience
Cons
The pay, management
Not worth it
Wings Leader (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2018
Was just not worth working there. Management sucks. Pay was terrible for all the stuff they make you do. The management is supposed to coach you and help you understand. No longer was it fun for the kids or the Wings Leaders.
Wings
Wings Leader (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 29, 2018
Wings is a good place to work if and only if you enjoy working/helping children. The kids are a joy to be around and will definitely keep you busy. Good job to gain experience.
Pros
Gain experience, knowing that you've made a positive impact on a child
Cons
Coworkwers, pay, management
Awesome Job
Wings Leader (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCApril 2, 2018
Great company to work for. Staff and management are fun and loving. Theres never a dull moment! I would recommend this job to anyone who loves working with kids.
Pros
Fun, Fun, Fun.
Cons
Pay
Fun place to work.
WINGS LEADER (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GA 30081January 12, 2018
I love wings. Its a great place to work. Social and emotional learning is the best. Its place where you can make and impact on future generations. The best job ever.
Productive and Fun teaching environment
WINGS Volunteer (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 3, 2018
WINGS was an incredible company to work for since they taught and enabled children's social and emotional growth through fun and productive activities.
A fun and helpful environment.
Wings Leader (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 23, 2017
The job is cool because you get to have fun at work sometimes, and you also get to help the youth in the process. While teaching the kids social and emotional skills, you end up picking up somethings that can benefit you in your day to day life.
Pros
Laid back and fun enviornment
Cons
Working from 1-6, and getting paid bi-weekly.
Great Place
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 28, 2017
This is a great place to get your foot in the door with social work or mental health or even education. The people are nice, the culture is fun and supportive.
Pros
Fun environment, Americorps
Cons
low salary, limited opportunity for advancement
Very fun environment, loved working with the kids.
Wings leader (Former Employee) –  Lake City, SCJune 1, 2017
I would come in and have snack and chat with my group of kids which was about 12 kids. Then we would do homework. Depending on the day of the week we would have discussion about something positive and then free time where the kids got have a choice of activity.
Productive and Fun environment !
Wings Leader (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 12, 2017
I love working at Wings for Kids. I've learned how to become a better multitasker and also I've become better at time management. I love how day to day I interact with the children . It brings me joy that when these children grow up into amazing adults , they'll look back and see how much Wings impacted their life. I love Wings for kids and I'll definitely continue to work there .
Pros
Interaction with the kids and teachers.
Cons
N/a

Want to know more about WINGS for Kids Inc.?

Ask a question
Fun and Life Changing
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 7, 2017
Each day was different and that is what I liked most. With the different learning objectives taught each week helped me with managing a life outside of Wings. Every one I worked with was supportive and able to do what was necessary to help the kids grasp the concepts of social and emotional learning.
Pros
Learned a lot about myself
Leading students to a greater tomorrow!
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 18, 2017
It was a great experience to work for a great organization. The kids are amazing. They're all about feedback, so it's a great opportunity to learn. Great started job to gain leadership qualities.
Positive organization
Wings Leader (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2017
This culture of this organization is extremely positive. However your experience will heavily depend on the team you end up with. It's a very stressful job, and no amount of training can prepare you for that. What makes or breaks it all, however, comes down to your coworkers.
if you love stress go for it
Wings Leader (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 21, 2017
its a good first job if like challenges and stress the most enjoyable part of the job was the kids . you interact with the kids and play games and do activities that deals with the learning objective that week you gotta come early to prep and be prepared to stay overtime
Pros
n/a
Cons
management
Fun to work
Peace Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 18, 2017
It' s a fun environment to work in and helps low income families with social and emotional learning skills. The pay is low and hours very part-time, but the company/program serves a huge community help. I would recommend others to work for the company.
Pros
great staff
Cons
no benefits and low pay
Fun and a place to learn
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 2, 2017
WINGS is a place where you can learn about management if that is something your are interested in. You will also get the experience of learning about how to run a non-profit organization as well as what is necessary to up keep a federal grant for an organization.
Fun place to work
Wingsleader (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 24, 2016
I love wings working with the kids are amazing they can be challenging but they teach you different ways to help the wingskids also it is great for college students. If you love working with kids this is the place for you. Not only do you teach kids different things you can learn how to deal with things going on in your life as well.
Pros
Great hours, no weekends, pto, paid holidays
Cons
Pay
My Job
WINGSLeader (Former Employee) –  Lake City, SCMay 22, 2016
The experience was amazing. Since a child i always wanted to do a mentoring program and this was my chance. The kids were amazing i have never had the chance to interact with so many different and unique kids. I learned different techniques to get through to them and express themselves in non-violent ways.
Pros
the experience
Cons
Pay
WINGS for kids
WL (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2016
A typical day at WINGS is preparing your program for the day by putting together staff notes and managing supplies for the day. I learned a lot of management and multi-tasking skills as well solving problems quickly. The overall management of WINGS needs major improvements for situations when WINGSLeader don't come. The most enjoyable part is seeing the students enjoy what you put together.
Pros
Helping the students and seeing the social and emotional IQ go up.
Cons
Having to deal with situations you can't control that affects your program.
I really enjoyed this job
Mentor (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAApril 6, 2016
This is a great job to develop social and emotional skills. Everyone is great to be around and I love interacting with the kids everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WINGS for Kids Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.