Wingstop Employee Reviews

Found 1,423 reviews matching the search See all 1,488 reviews
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 17, 2019
ensuring customer satisfaction, resolving customer complaints, and addressing any questions or comments that customers may have. Fast food workers perform many tasks. They take customers' orders, assemble the orders, and act as cashiers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health
Fun and fast pace to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Compton, CAFebruary 15, 2019
Clocking into Wingstop I'm always ready to work at a fast and fun pace. Everybody there has great energy. Wingstop has flexible schedule. Great customers and great employees.
Pros
Free meal.
Cons
Short breaks.
Never again
Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVFebruary 13, 2019
There's a lot of favoritism at this job. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone that is of age to try and make a living everyone is teenaged here and there is a lot of drama
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No insurance, no full time, managers always gone when you need them. Inconsistent schedules.
Good restaurant skills!
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 12, 2019
9am-11am Prep
11am-5pm clean/make orders.
5pm-12am orders/clean/stock
maintaining a clean kitchen at all times!
helps you build skill in staying in order.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Productive fast paced work place
Cook, Cashier, Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Hollister, CAFebruary 12, 2019
I enjoyed working at wing stop and I would go back and do it again. Me working in a team environment showed me how to Grow and build with my co workers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No benefits
Can be stressful.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  California City, CAFebruary 11, 2019
Very fast-paced enviroment; can be stressful but still a fun workplace if you let it be. You need to be money hungry to work there. When it's busy which was most of the time at the location I worked your day will breeze by. I learned a lot working there, you need to like working as a team and be a customer oriented person.
It started nice, then it gor bad
Cashier (Current Employee) –  S Desert Blvd #403February 10, 2019
The company policies are too demanding, the work enviroment becomes toxic overtime. There is a lot of favoritism that happens in the store as per management discression. If you get along personally whit the management they will take that more in consideration over the way you actually work in the store.
Pros
Cons
no breaks
Cook (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAFebruary 10, 2019
Saucing hot Wings for the most is what I would do at Wingstop. I would also stock, inventory wash dishes help with Prep as well as with food-Prep in the kitchen.
A Mess
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 8, 2019
Since each WS is a franchise theres barely any oversite. Management was a joke, played games with peoples schedules, constantly made commitments then failed to uphold them, dodged tons of food safety standards and corporate rules. Workers were either over worked or stood around, kissing up to management was only requirement to keep job. Owners kept forcing unqualified fam+friends into positions they couldn't handle.

Outside of management its your standard food service job, if you've worked a kitchen or register before you can do it, how bad it is will largely depend on customers attitude.
Pros
50% off a small lunch, earned sick leave
Good environment
Santa Monica Blvd - Shift Leader/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 7, 2019
As a worker, my perspective towards the specific Wingstop location is not the best to say. There are hard working people there, however the owner of the establishment does not recognize its hard workers.
Productive and entertaining place to work
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Valley, ALFebruary 7, 2019
I absolutely love my job. I love the costumers that come. Everyday at work there’s a costumer that brightens my day I am so thankful for that. The management is not so great overall things could be said and talked about differently. The hardest part of the job is to please everyone that come in with is hard on some days.
Pros
All employees get 50% off on a meal every shift
Cons
No insurance, no training, no maturnity lead
productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 7, 2019
work was fine, the usual routine to start to close. everyone gets along and if there is an issue it quickly resolved with good communication. Orders were always on time.
Coworkers are the best part
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL 32312February 7, 2019
Working here is mentally and physically exhausting. Doing multiple people’s jobs and only getting paid too little for doing it all. The environment is friendly, but the upper management ihas terrible communication skills.
Pros
Friendly and enthusiastic team members
Cons
no free meal, no discount, bad upper management. communication issues.
I hated it
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 7, 2019
This was my very first job and did not like it all. Always short staffed. Rude managers, Rude coworkers. I was only there for 4 months and in my second month I was tired and ready to go somewhere else
Pros
Free food
Cons
everthing else
Easy job if employees knew what they were doing
Part Time/Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 6, 2019
this was my first and current job. they hire basically anyone who can show up to work and wont question their practices. We were always pushed to meet our survey quota and if it was too low, we were told to fill in surveys for ourselves. if we requested days off at least 2 weeks in advance, we were given it but it was hard because we only got our schedule like 3 days before working. High turnover for various reasons. Would recommend this as a first job but not a long one.
Pros
25% discount if working that day and eating in, anyone got hired, work around your schedule
Cons
Low Discounts, Schedule wasn't posted until a few days before work, always over staffed on some shifts or very under staffed
Productive work place. Typically fast paced.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAFebruary 6, 2019
Overall working for wingstop was very fun. In my area of living, minimum wage was very low. Wingstop did not pay enough to make a living. The manager at that time was extremely unprofessional, which made the job harder than what it was sometimes. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a rude manager & rude customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was honestly the employees. Because of the diversity we had, it made going to work worthwhile.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Low pay, little to no benefits
Good work environment
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 5, 2019
Awesome team treated all as family, working there was fun never know if it will be a slow or fast day u have different costumers very day you also get your daily customers
Great place to work!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 5, 2019
The General Manager is super flexible with scheduling and all the staff is pretty helpful if you get lost. Everyone gets paid very well for their hard work.
Okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJFebruary 3, 2019
Wingstop was not a good job to work at. The managers did not know how to run the store. It was dirty and as a cashier, I should not have been in the back cooking all of the time
Pros
nothing
Cons
fast pace
Buena empresa
Cocinero A (Former Employee) –  Austin texasFebruary 2, 2019
Era muy justa y tenía buena organización , aparte de su salario
Pros
Su salario
Cons
Que no tienia horarios fijos

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wingstop. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight