Winn Dixie Employee Reviews

Found 5,977 reviews matching the search See all 5,992 reviews
I was a truck crew manager a year they closed down i loved it
Truck crew manager unloding truck (Former Employee) –  Forest City RdFebruary 19, 2019
I did facing the vegetable can pulling them forward and moping floors after we closed if it didn't close down i would still be there i really loved working there i would work at any Winn Dixie again
Pros
Took my lunches
Cons
30 minute break
It was amazing to work with friends and customers helping them.
cashier (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLFebruary 19, 2019
The best part of the job was helping elderly people and having my customers leave with a smile on their face. I would see the same customers everyday leave with a smile and come back for more service.
Overall not worth it.
Part time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 19, 2019
It is good for your first job as a teenager but nothing beyond that. I do not recommend as a full-time job. Managers will override your preferred hours to work even when you are unavailable.
Buen ambiente
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 18, 2019
No muy higiénicos pero buen ambiente de trabajo . Pocas horas
I dont know
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 18, 2019
Good company decided to sell in 2013 the department of transport and warehouse. Good equipment good maintenance work was easy and comfortable. At the Winn Dixie stores the managers are good and help the driver to unload the truck. The employees of the stores are very cooperative and we had a good relationship.
Pros
Good people
a nice place to work at
Cake Decorator/Baker/ Deli Associate/ Seafood (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 17, 2019
it was really a nice place to work at. the managers were patient and really helpful for me. They act like they really care for my well being. I wish they were able to raise the salary.
Pros
good management
Cons
salary wages were quite low
good starter job
Stock Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Inverness, FLFebruary 15, 2019
a typical day depends on what line of work you have at the store.
I loved the management they helped me
the working environment was fun but you needed to get the job done
Pros
small place
Cons
not stable
Friendly environment to work in
Cashier/Bagger/Stock Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLFebruary 13, 2019
Management was helpful when requests for time off or flexible hours were made. Numerous positions were made available by management to fit my skill set.
Decent place to work
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 13, 2019
I only left here because of pay. The management there was solid, however the pay there was not enough to support myself. It was one of the most laid back work enviornments i had ever had, however it was very unorganized.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Prairieville, LAFebruary 13, 2019
Customer Service & Sales Associate. I love meeting people & having conversations with all customers. I give great, friendly customer service daily.
Pros
Discounts on groceries.
Cons
Night hours.
I enjoyed my time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 13, 2019
I would recommend this company to learn basic skills in a retail environment. Promotes from within, however difficult to go from part time to a full time position.
Pros
great place to learn basic skills
Cons
not easy for promotions
Horrible work place
Cashier and Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLFebruary 13, 2019
They want you to do all the work but do not get the pay or hours you need to survive in Florida this job is great for kids in middle school or first year in high school
Busy grocery retail
Dairy Associate, Overnight stock crew, boxer (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALFebruary 13, 2019
I worked several positions at Winn-Dixie and my overall consensus is that while it is a modest size compared to certain other grocers, it is tightly run and high maintenance enough to keep up with its competition.
Pros
Nothing in particular
Cons
Nothing in particular
I loved working at Winn Dixie. Great opportunitiy for anyone trying to grow within a company quickly.
Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Crawfordville, FLFebruary 10, 2019
I ran the front end with a few other girls. I was the service desk associate. I handled all money transfers from bill pay to lottery purchases. I enjoyed the fast pace, satisfy the customer-kind of environment. The only issue I had was the pay. I would work so hard and wish to be paid more. I even asked for raises. The company, however, would soon turn into Piggly Wiggly.
Pros
Easy opportunity to advance, fast pace, busy environment
Cons
Pay is what it is
This store only gave seasoned employees hours
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Palm Coast, FL 32137February 10, 2019
This store only gave seasoned employees hours, was promised 20 or more hours and I was lucky to get 10 or more hours. I came in when called in to cover shifts and if asked to stay longer I would stay but it still did not reflect in me getting more hours.
It was a great first job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, AL 36106February 8, 2019
Everyday i went to work was amazing. I learned how to interact with other people.My mangers were great. There really was not a hard part to my job. I recommend it for a first job.
Fast Paced
Cashier/Self-Checkout Clerk (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAFebruary 7, 2019
You have to be a fast worker to work for this company-especially during a possible weather crisis. Even helping a customer you need to be fast at what you do. Everything is fast, but pay is not well.
i liked the people i worked with. got along with all. I needed more hours have bill to pay.
Customer Service / Pricing Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 7, 2019
i like staying busy so i would always ask for something to do when i completed my job or it was slow. always wanting to learn other things.The problem was the hours were cut and i didn't get a lot of
hours. Needed more hours.
it was ok
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALFebruary 7, 2019
typical work environment fighting to keep pace with other food retailers. the process of trying to move up seems impossible. i had worked a while not thinking there would be another higher level opening
Pros
discount
Cons
no advancements
No benefits for PT employee’s no holiday pay or PTO Zero flexibly for students going to school, 4 hour shifts
Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  Lehigh Acres, FLFebruary 6, 2019
When I first got hired I was told hours are flexible and being a student will not be a problem. I’m a full time single student with 3 kids, 1,3,5 year old. Unfortunately this job is only good for people that have open schedules Monday through Sunday completely open schedules. Do not apply unless you have open availability trust me or you will be working 17 hours or less a week. Plus part time employees don’t get PTO,Holiday pays,benefits.
Pros
4 hour shifts, quick easy shifts.
Cons
Inconsistent hours, micromanagers, not enough hours, very low pay rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winn Dixie. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K
41.6K
31.6K

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight