Winn Dixie

Winn Dixie Employee Reviews

United States7,040 reviews
Found 7,040 reviews matching the search
Typical work place
Although the company prides itself on excellent customer service, they could give a little more praise to their hardworking and dedicated employees. They are flexible when it comes to hours, but they could be a little more professional when scheduling rather than changing things the day of. Other than that, its a good job to have on the side.
Disappointed
I was disappointed with the lack of assistance giving by the management team.
I was disappointed with working 35+ hours and receiving part time benefits.
Pros
$10/hour
Cons
management ignored employee’s, Work load was overwhelming, Didn’t receive proper benefits, Subjected to racial profiling, Store upkeep was ignored
Working at WD
Working at Winn Dixie wasn’t a bad experience at all. I do however wish my hourly rate was more so being said I didn’t make good pay there. I honestly feel that you work harder than you get paid for but overall it was a pretty good job nice atmosphere and friend managers.
It was an experiance working there
Working at Winn dixie was a hard job because it was hard making all the bread ,cookies pies sandwiches orders to out and making sure everything was up to date and selling all cold cuts that people wanted
Pros
It was good experiance
Cons
Very hard work
Good beginners job.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. The only difficult part of the job was working as a retail worker during holidays. Awesome beginners job and great way to provide individuals with experience working with the public.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
friendly workers
i like how friendly they are with the cutomers in the store and i like the team work in the store i like how the company looks out for the people that works for the company and works with the worker when something in life happen to the worker and gives that worker time to take care of it .
Most employee co-workers are pleasant and work hard. Particular management personnel are AWEFUL!
When you first start the company/job, they are eager to accommodate your schedule needs. As time passes, is becomes a struggle with management. There have been a lot of good associates leave because of this problem I feel this needs to be addressed and resolved.
Working to please manager made to work without work to do.
As a grocery associate my hours were tailored to when I could work. You get the mix of happy and upset customers to deal with. Most of the time you will work without the need to communicate to customers.
Cons
short break
At the time very poor hours/pay
They gave me 3 hours a week sometimes 6 and paid minimum wage. Although they had more than enough staff i was told to do practically every job. But the coworkers were very nice people as well as the customers.
It’s a good company to work at
It’s a friendly company , the people are nice and helpful, especially with new trainees.
It’s a simple job but has good pay and benefits. They’re all about giving back and being a customer friendly store.
busy workplace
friendly staff helping customer clean store fast pace alway something new going on 1hr lunch breaks two 15minn breaks payed weekly drama free work place
Pleasant atmosphere
Winn Dixie is a good place to work at the environment is very welcoming and the companys always there for you. They always make you feel like you are special to there team.
Reasonable teenage / first job
Never forget your end goal. Some workers get consume by job expectation or become complacent, next thing you know they went from working as a cashier while attending to school to a college drop-out working as a manger at a place that makes them feel unhappy.
Great working environment
When I worked here it was great, this particularly store I felt was more of a temporary or seasonal job.the management was just a little disorganized Other than that winndixie is a great place to work!
not the best
really don't get paid well for the work we do. managers are dysfunctional and never have things in order when we get there. have to pick up work for other departments because they know the back workers will do it. no sense of pay raise or advancement
Great managers they care about you
I learned so much i want to go back there and work again they care for you and the customers i loved working there great people i always felt i was listened to for my concerns
Pros
Pay management great people
Cons
There are none
What I learned
How to manage produce and fresh products effectively, I met a lot of people that helped me become more open and speak as a person. I learned to clean and organize stations properly.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Grocer sticks to bottom line, and it shows
There’s little internal advancement, high turnover, no monetary incentives, etc. For example, after 3.5 years, I went from 8.05/hr to 88.67/hr, slated to become lead manager right before all those positions were eliminated.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Everything else
Management lies
Very political different rules for different people management lies to you never get a straight answer and they just move you around like a pawn without you saying anything or having anything to say about it and when you tell him about illegal things that are being done they ignore it and it's going to kill somebody someday
Great long term company
I love working here I can see myself here a long time, company is perfect hours are great and my managers really help us with anything we need. I’m happy I got hired here
Don’t waste your time it’ll save you stress and time wasted
I’ve been working at Winn Dixie for a year now gonna be there two years in November. They expect you to do 4 other people’s jobs by yourself . The pay is garbage . Asked for a pay increase just to be told I make more the new hires ya by 4 cents !!!! You kidding me ?! They know how hard i work I work so hard and get told maybe June we can get you that pay increase . I deal with lazy workers that don’t get written up and always are late and call off . Harassing co workers don’t get written up just screamed at once and that’s it they act is nothing ever was said management doesn’t help you there only in it for themselves not to help the people who actually do the back breaking work and make the store money
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winn Dixie. Our community is ready to answer.
2.1K
1.9K
1.8K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Winn Dixie.