Winn Dixie Employee Reviews

Found 5,497 reviews matching the search See all 5,506 reviews
Not bad work, but negative management
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLAugust 17, 2018
A typical day of work consists of working that days truck and using extra time to complete given tasks and detail the store. The management overnight has no issues, but during the day the management creates a hostile workplace environment.
Fun workplace I like my coworkers there a good team
Cart Pusher (Former Employee) –  Westwego, LAAugust 16, 2018
I like working here it was awesome this company is a good place to start off an the coworkers here are good an I like being part of a team this job is awesome
Cashier (Former Employee) –  River Ridge, LAAugust 16, 2018
This is an amazing company to work for. I had to leave because of personal issues. I would recommend this company to anyone. The managers are great also
Pros
Excellent environment
Ok place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAAugust 16, 2018
Most of the people who work there are very nice with the exception of management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public on a regular basis.
Friendly & Fast Paced
Hallandale - Cashier (Current Employee) –  hallandale beach floridaAugust 15, 2018
customers & employees are friendly and welcoming. everyone is well dressed , respectful & great at doing their job. when customers are upset the cashier try their very best to make them happy or find something close to what they are looking for.
Didnt enjoy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Theodore, ALAugust 15, 2018
The hours they gave me weren't enough for a high school student to survive on. The manager that worked there at the time was rude and very inconsiderate.
jack of all trades type of work place
FULL TIME PRODUCE/FLORAL (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLAugust 14, 2018
Most people who are hired for this retail chain are hired for a certain department, but are used by all departments. For example, you may start your shift out in produce then 5 min later you are cashiering, unloading trucks, bagging groceries ext. Then you have the expectation to complete your department daily tasks. Most people receive 40 hrs most of the time, but will not ever receive full time benefits. When department hours get cut the people who have been working full time hours loose hours. So one week you can work 40 then the next (so the big bosses get their bonus) you work 18 hours dealing with the same amount of craziness.
Pros
you have a job
Cons
full time is non existant enless you are in management
Not a great job as a career but god as a part time worker
Dairy Associate (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, FLAugust 13, 2018
I worked for Winn Dixie for 2 years and while the job was not fun the people and the costumers were very nice, the job was not very stressful if you were given the right amount of help. Winn Dixie is ran differently than other stores they are given certain amount of labor hours based on how they spend and sometimes for short periods of time they cut the stores hours as budget cuts, it is unfair to the workers who lose hours and unfair to the workers who then have an impossible job to do within the time given and with no overtime allowed it is just a pore ran business. I loved my managers and my coworkers but that was about it.
not a great place to work at
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Semmes, ALAugust 12, 2018
hours get cut managers are hard to work with must work swing shift is you want hours no chance of raise or promotion hard work slinging stock as well as hard people to work with mostly kids who dont want to work
Fun Work Space
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLAugust 12, 2018
You Got To Meet People From All Ages Not A Very Hard Job Great Co-Workers And Mangers Very Understanding Promotion Were Often And So Were Raises Overall A Great Job
Pros
10% Discount
could have been a great company and competitive
Dept. Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 11, 2018
A company that has no clue of its future. They seem to like to hire CEOs that have no vision of the company but to line the pockets of the CEO. The way they do that is cut more jobs more hours and no vision. It should be set up for customer service bringing in new ideas and product and be competitive in the grocery industry. Instead they hire CEOs from other countries that may have had no experience in the grocery industry as a person in the retail aspect but couldn't make it as a any type of management with Walmart or Target. Their idea of running a company is cut the minimum wage earner and the person trying to make a living hours. Any moron could do that instead of figuring out to cut their own salary and work on bringing new ideas to the company or asking the employees how to improve the company. It is very poorly ran and no communication between corporate and the stores.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
pro moral, cut hours, works salary employees anywhere from 55 plus hours a week.
Supermarket closed out
BOOKKEEPING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCAugust 11, 2018
Not much to say about my branch it was one of all the North Carolina branches that were closed out in 2001. Work was competitive but also predictable top management was very secretive about closeout and many people were left unemployed from the closing.
Pros
No paid lunch
Cons
No benefits
Winn Dixie is a really boring and unorganized but a great first job learning experience.
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 10, 2018
It was really fast paced not really any breaks at all and u are always moving for long periods of time. the breaks they give are really short, and constantly call your name while u are on your break to do something and u tend to do a lot more things that other people slack on.
Not a great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLAugust 10, 2018
Management has no respect for employees. There are no opportunities to grow in the company. They do not keep you informed about your pay and your raises.
Over all Didnt care too much for this job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eufaula, ALAugust 10, 2018
I felt like the job was more about who you knew and who you were related to rather than who you were as a person. I was not to fond of the job and if given another chance I would not go back to work there.
Pros
Pay was exceptional
Cons
not enough hours and people in general were rude
It was temporary
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Alexander City, ALAugust 9, 2018
I worked here in high school five years ago. The manager over me was horrible. I hope they have improved their management team. That would help them..
Pros
Discounts, and flexibility with school.
Cons
30 min lunches, and harsh managers
Unprofessional Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, FLAugust 9, 2018
Poor management, not enough hours scheduled, words are barked at you in front of the customers, insufficient ordering of food, long time employees talk badly about other employees in front of others. Overall, it's extremely unprofessional.
Pros
5% discount
Cons
Favoritism shown, negative atmosphere
Always changing
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 8, 2018
The managers and supervisors never stayed the same. There were multiple accounts of discrimination not only to me but to other employees. Very rarely is higher management willing to work with improving the customer service quality of cashiers. In my opinion customer service was terrible.
Pros
It is a job and you can make friends.
Cons
Customer service was lacking, management was not involved.
fun workplace
Deil Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAAugust 8, 2018
The months I worked at Winn-dixide were enlightful and pleasurable, me and my co-workers loving helping and greeting the customers as they walked in. Winn-Dixie was a company that cared about their customers and their empolyees, and followed their policy accordingly.
Looking for day work
Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 8, 2018
I still work nights at Winn Dixie, I work nights and am looking for day job. Its a great place to work part time. Winn Dixie is a great place to work
Pros
discount on groceries
Cons
lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winn Dixie. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K
41.5K
31.4K

Diversity score

62out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Winn Dixie.

Powered by Comparably