Winn Dixie Employee Reviews

Found 5,709 reviews matching the search See all 5,717 reviews
i enjoyed working with the people
Grocery Clerk, Stock Clerks, Sales Floor (Former Employee) –  River Ridge, LAOctober 21, 2018
we were like family and tried our best to work as a team and keep things going. the hardest part was they were letting people go and adding more things to the people that were still there.
Pros
people
Cons
alot to do with too little help
Was a ok place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 21, 2018
When I was Working at Winn dixie is was okay but sometimes it was bad. The best part about working there was my costlmers and the worst part about working there was the bad management and sometimes there was rude costomers.
Pros
Lunch break, nice people and my costomers
Cons
Bad management
cape coral winn dixie is the worst store ever to work for
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLOctober 21, 2018
poor manager work people like dogs not enough stuff over work people sometime no break or lunch never let you finish your task expect too much have favoritism and ALWAYS DRAMA
College atmosphere
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALOctober 21, 2018
Flexible work schedule available to college students to work around their college schedule.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find what they were looking for
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Employees not notifying supervisors when they were unable to work
Great Pay
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAOctober 19, 2018
Working there can be very strenuous on your body, but the pay can be worth it. Management is great, people are friendly. You just have to be physically in shape to maintain.
Better work somewhere else. Publix offers better employment
Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 18, 2018
You are given too much work for the hours allowed. Management does not value workers or listen to suggestions. Although stores are good to shop in, working conditions are poor. High stress and no recognition for good work. Management is inconsistent and unreliable as well as in my experience, untrustworthy as well.

Job work is fine. Help customers as needed. Stock and replace items. Insure department is stocked and ready.
The job is fine. Its the unfair demands by management and poor overall treatment that makes this employer bad.
Pay is average, but fair.
Pros
reputable company, benefits, fair pay
Cons
unreliable and dishonest management, inconsistent hours
typical day
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 17, 2018
a typical day is fast and always moving. I did have a good schedule while I worked there so I enjoyed that. Overall I enjoyed working for the company .
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLOctober 17, 2018
I really enjoyed my time here and I would have continued with the company if it hadn't been for Hurricane Michael forcing me to relocate with my family.
Nice place to work
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  MiiamiOctober 17, 2018
It’s nice place to work depending of the position that you do , they pay the minimum wage this is unacceptable . And they only give you 20 hours . In general don’t work for Winn Dixie
Pros
Cons
Short breaks Healthcare
Fun work place
Saint Cloud, FL (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNOctober 16, 2018
I like working with the customer that come and go. it’s a good environment always happy energy with greeting customer and helping them where to find things they need.
Good first job
Produce stocker (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLOctober 15, 2018
Was pretty relaxed and easy to work and learn. Was able to go to school and work there as well. was easy to get help and help others. Was able to learned how to be organized.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
lack of hours
Horrible
Associate (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALOctober 15, 2018
Horrible experience with horrible managers, who cant decided on what area you should be working on, even though you were hired for a certain area. Hours are always cut, so you can barely get a decent paycheck.
Pros
Cons
Hour cuts, lack of care, horrible managers.
OK Company
Assistant Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 13, 2018
Happiness working for them depends on the store manager.
They can make or break the harmony based on how supportive they are of their employees. They can be very troublesome to the Pharmacy if they do not understand how the job of pharmacist works.
Pros
Fair Pay
Cons
Management Issues
stressful, rude
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLOctober 12, 2018
The management was rude and made me want to quit sooner by always looking for a mistake or problem to criticize The pay was fairly low. They do have a good teaching session with making you answers questions about your job every day. The hardest part of this job was having to finish work at about 12am and come back at 5am some days. The other associates was the best part of this job.
Pros
the other associates
Cons
management, pay and benefits
A Reliable Company
seafood associate, current (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 12, 2018
A typical day at work might include a customer rush, stocking merchandise, or a super slow clientele. Each day presents something new but my co workers remain the same sweet and hardworking people they are. Management is very tentative and observant. They speak to you everyday and ask about your day, The workplace culture is inviting and cooperative.The hardest part of the job is the hour changes, in reference to how you may get 32+ hours one week and may have around 20 the next. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be my amazing co-workers.
Pros
Friendly work environment, decent pay
Cons
Short breaks, changing hours
awesome staff depending on the store
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 12, 2018
My experience working at Winn-dixie was great they train you before putting you in the field and they give you opportunity to grow. You just have to earn them.
Pros
good environment
Cons
low pay
Very Competitive
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 12, 2018
We had a great team base. Working together was priority. Greeting customers and meeting their needs was number one. We tried to meet our daily numbers.
Pros
The customers were great
Cons
Pay was not great
Cool place to work when your first starting out.
Sales Associate / Floater (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 11, 2018
Winn_Dixie was and still is a great place to work if I could I'd go back but, I'm about to graduate college and am currently seeking a internship that fits my degree program.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 11, 2018
A warehouse full of opportunities and can grow outstandingly fast if you work hard enough and get your job done in a timely matter. Winn-Dixie warehouse is a great company to work for
Relaxed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAOctober 10, 2018
This job is good for high School students who want to make extra money. For students who want to experience holding down a job temporarily. Keeping change in your pockets.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winn Dixie. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K
41.6K
31.5K

Diversity score

62out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Winn Dixie.

Powered by Comparably