Winn Dixie Employee Reviews

31.4K
Found 5,327 reviews matching the search See all 5,335 reviews
Busy place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miramar Beach, FLJune 4, 2018
customers are constant. Part-time, full time hours.
No healthcare or other benefits. Straighten store after hours with little help and little time to do it in.
My very 1st Job
Head Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJune 4, 2018
I started working at Winn Dixie when I was a teenager in high school. It was my very first job and learned the dos and don'ts of professionalism. I experienced some very good managers who taught me some great lessons about management. I also experienced a few horrible managers who showed me things not to do as a manager.
was ok
Customer service/Perishable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, FLJune 3, 2018
this job was ok for a part time job, the hours always varied and I had to work many different shifts, the management was ok to work for and the pay was ok.
Kept me busy all day long
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 3, 2018
I've learned a lot of things working at Winn Dixie. I would unload trucks and work the product to the shelf. Ordered for the department and maintained inventory control.
The hardest part of the job were the lack of employees working. We had a lot to take care of in a day. However that was a challenge I enjoyed to take on.
The best part of the job was that I met a lot of great people, both employees and customers.
Pros
worked around my childrens doctor visits
Cons
Pay could have been much better, especially with my experience in many areas of the store
Great as a first but wouldn't recommend as a career
Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  Dade City, FLJune 2, 2018
This job in the beginning was alright. Mostly due to it being my first real job that I had to report taxes on but it quickly started to change for me months later. I think for someone just looking for work experience in retail, it's fine but I would not recommend someone trying to go out of their way to move up in the company.
Pros
Great first jjob
Cons
No real room for job advancement
Great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ladonia, ALJune 2, 2018
Working here would be great for someone right out of high school or a college student just wanting a part time job. Sadly enough they cut back on hours so I would not recommend this job to someone looking for a job working 30+ hours a week.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
less hours
Not impressed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 1, 2018
Cashiers at Winn Dixie typically make minimum wage and do not receive very many hours. My direct deposit was messed up, and I did not receive my paychecks on time the entire time I worked there. I soon left for a better employment opportunity.
They have a TV in the breakroom.
Seafood Specialist (Current Employee) –  Longwood, FLJune 1, 2018
I enjoy what i do and the people i work with. We are much like family. I very much like giving our customers advise on how to cook certain items and what to pair them with. I normally don't take breaks and work straight because it can get demanding have to consistently fill up my department with product and back up.
Pros
If ever i have a family issue, i am givin the time to take care of it.
Cons
Right now we have a shortage of workers, and hours are constantly being cut. I also haven't had a real time off to take a proper vacation.
Relaxed, minimum wage job with no career advancement
Cashier/Center Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Fern Park, FLJune 1, 2018
Winn Dixie was an overall enjoyable experience with low stress and relaxed environment. However, the compensation was terrible and there was little to no opportunities for career advancement.
Pros
Grocery discount, coworkers
Cons
pay, career advancement
Learned!
Cashier Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tavernier, FLJune 1, 2018
Winn Dixie was a calm job even though I didn't get paid very well. I did learn many things though! By the time I did not have much experience with customer service but there I learned everything about working as a cashier and working with customers! Sometimes it was stressful but I handled every situation that came my way.
Sales representative
Customer Service & Deli Department (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 31, 2018
multitask is the main word, we were working as a team but we needed to clean everything after the store closes, It was very nice working as a team but physically you get exhausted.
Partime work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chapin, SCMay 31, 2018
I worked for Winn Dixie through my high school and college years. It was part time after school to save money. I would work between 6-8 hours per shift bagging groceries, stocking shelves, running a cashier register. Culture was well enough and management worked with individuals on an as needed basis. Hardest part of the job was dealing with unsatisfied customers. The most enjoyable part was working with customers that became regulars.
Fun friendly place to work
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALMay 31, 2018
Great place to work. I was welcomed in immediately. My ideas were taken seriously and put into action most of the time. They created a position for me after they felt I was over qualified for what I applied for. I had a great support group of upper management.
winn dixie experience
Asst bakery /deli and stock frontline clerk (Former Employee) –  Fruitland Park, FLMay 31, 2018
work was fairly good paced
required to have good customer service skills
dress coded was enforced
management was kinda flakey.
Having knowledge of working scanners and detail was a most.
I learned how to deal with everyday public, how to stock and manage a cooler, how to design cakes and food art. haviing clean and proper food safety.
Forklift operator
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 30, 2018
Make sure my workstation had the correct equipment and assignments for that day. Selected items quickly for more pay. Competitive fast paced job. Hardest part was after 5hrs off lifting 50 pounds or better starts to hurt. Great part was if you worked faster the more money you made.
Pros
Fast paced make more money, competitive
Cons
Physically draining no holidays no sick time
Didn't get to work here long.
Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 30, 2018
Working at Winn Dixie was nice, at least for the short period of time I did. Did really learn too much, cause the store close down within a month of me working there.
Productive, Fair Management, Bakery Operator
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 30, 2018
I worked in the Bakery. Did just about a little of everything.
Enjoyed working here, and especially loved working in the Bakery.
Strengthened my Cake decorating skills, customer service and sales.
just a job. worked with good people.discount
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Camilla, GAMay 30, 2018
Business was bought out and closed. everyone worked well as a team. we just made the best of a bad situation. talked as if store was not gonna close but it did.
Pros
discounts
Fun productive enviroment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Westwego, LAMay 29, 2018
A very friendly environment to work in. Room for advancement. Flexible schedules. No sick or vacation days. No benefits are offered as in health,dental or vision.
Pros
Free soft drinks, water. A discount was offered
Cons
short breaks, no vaction time
Loved it here
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALMay 29, 2018
Winn Dixie was like a second home to me. The people were amazing. Management was cool not super uptight but relaxed and worked with workers. Knew they were working with high school and college kids.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winn Dixie. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

62out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Winn Dixie.

Powered by Comparably