WinnCompanies Employee Reviews

Winn Companies
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 11, 2018
I was satisfied with the location of the job. The work itself was very engaging at times. I learned how to deal better with people. It was an okay experience overall.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Management can improve
Best job I have ever had
Lead Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYOctober 9, 2018
Great benefits.most paid time off I have ever had.very supportive leadership and overall wonderful company .so many chances for advancement and many chances to advance in your field of work
Pros
Tons of time off plus all holidays off
Cons
I have no complaints
Beautiful floor plans
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 2, 2018
Conduct community tours, maintained resident files. First job in residential management, learned as much as possible in the industry. The desire to learn more about the industry was there.
No advancment possible
LEASING CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXOctober 2, 2018
Great benefits but very stressful and demanding job. There is no advancement opportunities and its about who you know not what you know. It is a very competitive company
Opportunities Abound!
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 17, 2018
I started working with Winn in 2007 as a Resident Service Coordinator, with no property management experience. I soon learned that working with residents, while challenging, can be both demanding and rewarding. Since then, I've been promoted four times and have worked my way up to the corporate office! I've worked with some great people and appreciate all that I have learned and the opportunities that have opened for me.

Most especially, I've learned that jobs within this field are for people who are willing to work! Who strive to do the best they can and genuinely want to help people. No two days are alike and although some days can be quite busy, they all offer a unique experience and an opportunity to make a positive impact. Winn’s Guiding Principles and values are not simply rhetoric. They believe in them and consistently displays and practices them on a regular basis.

Thanks Winn!
Pros
Empowered to make decisions, great team dynamics and leadership!
Cons
Some days are more demanding than others
Liars and cut throat
Manager (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CASeptember 11, 2018
Managing a property with a different company Winn took over the management contract and told all employees they will be kept on and we had nothing to worry about.
Two weeks before taking over they pulled the rug out from us giving us no reason or answer. They blatantly lied as to not let the property slip but did not care that on site employees will now be jobless and homeless with almost no time to find new employment or housing.
There are families of employees that now are homeless due to Winn and they could care less.
Pros
Cons
Liars
Not happy
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2018
At winn I see shady way of conducting business, I see upper management not understanding or wanting to understand how the day to day operations actual happen. I see people who have had several projects completely in shambles and are still there with a job but have let good employees go.
Pros
Time off, benefits
Cons
Too much work for an 8 hour work day, Unrealistic expectation
To much stress
Technician (Former Employee) –  fort Campbell KySeptember 4, 2018
No set standard. How you do your job changes all the time, almost day to day. poor supervision.no trust in their ability to do their job. Feels like a bullseye is on your back all the time. not treating everyone the same.
One of the best opportunities in the area
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wainwright, AKSeptember 1, 2018
I worked at North Haven for nearly two years and it was the best job I've had in this town. Residents are cared for and are always a priority. I've never worked with anybody who didn't truly want what was best for their residents. My most recent direct manager was a great, and the best I've had the privilege of working for. Benefits were better than the union benefits my husband had. You are constantly and consistently being recognized for the good work you do. There is no limit on what you can learn, and everyone is very open to training employees on new positions. There are plenty of extra benefits to take advantage of, like tuition assistance, a paid day of volunteer work, and assistance with your gym membership. There are many locations across the US for potential future work. This is one of the few companies I've had experience with that doesn't discriminate against military spouses by the means of job opportunities, which is a really good thing. Definitely a company I would consider returning to in the future.
Pros
Benefits, travel, supportive environment, promotion opportunity, wonderful coworkers, plenty of recognition, good work and life balance
high stress inverment
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTAugust 31, 2018
no advancement, management could care less about you. the average raise is a cost of living increase of twenty five cents they make you take the same tests each year ……..
Pros
great benifits
Cons
high cost of benifits
Extremely fast paced, Growing, Great People
Learning & Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 28, 2018
I've enjoyed all 4 years of my time at WinnCompanies. Very fast paced and never a dull moment. Fortunately, I have the most amazing team members and a great support system to help get through the tough days and to celebrate the good days with. I have learned so much and grow a little more each day (necessary with a lean team that need to collaborate and work together to keep up with the heavy workload). Overall culture is a little stiff and old school compared to most companies today but is actively working to get up to speed and stay current.
Pros
Great people, always growing
Cons
Too fast paced, leadership doesn't always understand workload of lower level employees
High turn over rate. Low pay. Cut throat managment system. Frantic pace. High stress
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Ft Campbell. KyAugust 16, 2018
New managment took over and destroyed the place,
1 1/2 years ago, Super high turn over rate, No training. Low pay plus they treat you terrible. Management thinks a pizza party every 3 months is showing us how much they care. But day to day they just could care less about you. Over worked and under appericated. Extremly high stress level. No reward. Managements philosophy is my way or the highway.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Managment could care less about you, They will have your job posted before the end of the bussiness day
Not balanced
Certified Occupancy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MAAugust 16, 2018
Winn does not really care for lower level employees. You only receive bonuses if you are a Manager, which I was not. While the property passed audits with flying colors, only my manager was properly compensated.
Move on
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2018
Worked here for 5 years. The management team is very poor. There's no directions. Everyone pushes you under the bus. Too many shady things happening that management is aware but turns there eye elsewhere.
Pros
Manager was great
Cons
long hours. No guidance
fast pace and hectic
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2018
A typical day was dealing with residents complaints, heavy traffic and phone volume. process recertifications while putting the files in order daily.

Work place culture was very fast pace, hectic and stressful

Hardest part of my job was dealing with a Supervisor who lacked professionalism.

The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting a few great people.
Pros
great benefit package
Cons
Supervisor was deceving
Very effiecient work place
Maintenance Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 24, 2018
Structured day to day regiment. Focused entirely on policy and procedure. Encouraged great work ethics, yet company emphasized on rewarding by seniority instead of qualification.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Very few incentives to make one stay with company
Long Hours for what?
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wainwright, AKJuly 20, 2018
As a manager I was expected to work long hours and which I did even longer than most as the warehouse manager, when I took over was in totally shambles and dissarry. After 4 years I had totally revamped the inventory and succeeded in having the best warehouse in the portfolio with less than .001% variance in a $1.5 Milliuon dollar inventory. Besides having to work in a dump, dusty dirty environmknet, the management ...especially senior management who operate offsite is more interested in budget cutting and micro management than they are the people of the project..typiclllay all monies saved end up in the senior Execs bonus check...rather than the people who actually make it happen.
Pros
great vacation time off schedule
Cons
long hours, non appreciated, micro-managed
Ok company to work for
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTJuly 11, 2018
Company was fine, but the manager basically held her employees back from advancement so bad experience there. Had to leave to find better advancement opportunities.
Cons
Poor management
productive, fast paced apartment rentals
Certified Occupancy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJuly 9, 2018
A typical day at work involves answering phones, meeting with residents, processing recertifications for residents and applications for prospective residents.
Overall pretty good
Occupancy Specialist/Asst. Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAJuly 5, 2018
I loved the day to day operations, continued education and type of work. I was not able to live on my own being paid what I was. It was difficult to advance in the company because of my location. Most other properties owned by them were further away from home for me.
Pros
Great benefits and it was close to home
Cons
My pay and my immediate supervisor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WinnCompanies. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.2

2.0Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight