WinnCompanies Employee Reviews

Big company with great benefits but low pay.
Assistant Property Manager/Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAMay 4, 2018
If it weren’t for my direct manager I would have loved this company and stayed forever. I gave my all and she wouldn’t compensate me with pay or advancement because she wanted me to do all her work at the property level.
Pros
Lots of positions and locations
Cons
Bad experience with pay and property manager
Great company eith excellent opportunities
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  CTMay 2, 2018
Great company, flexible, innovative, and cares about their employees and residents. Best part of the job is I am constantly learning and growing. I have amazing co workers.
Pros
Excellent company!
Summary
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Malden, MAApril 23, 2018
The winncompanies was a fantastic place to work. I especially liked how involved upper level management was and how much support I had from people outside my property.
Decent Company
Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 17, 2018
My department was pretty laid back. The culture was great. Some coworkers often went out to bond after work. The day to day aspect was fine. I didn't feel like I was being micro-managed.
Good job if you are in MA
Resident Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTApril 13, 2018
WinnCompanies based out of Boston didn't often include the CT properties in many of their corporate events as if we didn't exist. Online training was long and often felt exhausting in light of all the other work that needed to be done-especially when beginning a new job. Feel that they like most large companies were most concerned with profits.
Pros
Good pay, great residents, fun co-workers
Cons
Didn't feel management respected me or cared about me.
this company is all about their employees
Payroll Administrator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 2, 2018
I wish I could of stay it a great company
Everything all about their employees and they are caring company
The company is fast pace you come in and start work before you know it is time for lunch or time to go home.
Just no if your desperate only apply
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 19, 2018
There's a reason why they use temp agencies they use people and everyone is indispensable... Just loook at the bad real reviews! I can just feel the bad vibes from here. Trust me guys and girls stay away...
Pros
Lol
Cons
Just no
Winn has been very good to me for the last 23 years and has held me to very high expectations in all phase of property manager
Senior Facilities Director (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 8, 2018
I believe Winn would be a a lot less stressful if they hired the right people for the right job. You are only as good as the people around you. Hiring and training the right people would not only lower the stress level but increase the positive motivation that is needed on a daily basis. People need to feel good about there job for them to be successful and not feel they are working in fear of losing there job after all the people are the source of our business.
Pros
Hard expectations
Cons
Extremely stressful and understaffed
Keep looking!!
Resident Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYMarch 2, 2018
This company has absolutely no career advancement unless you are willing to sleep your way to the top. They will look the other way and ask you to overcharge residents to save them money and conduct business under shady circumstances.
Great company work very hard and you'll succeed
Maintenance supervisor (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 13, 2018
This is a great company as long as you work hard your job is always secure
Plenty of room for advancement
I've been working for this company over 25 years
Pros
In the summertime you can leave at 3 o'clock if all your work is done Great pay Great benefits
Cons
On line trainings
Challenging and Rewarding at the same time, but couldn’t ask for a better company to work for.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 8, 2018
I worked for Winn for over 10 years and even though every thing is due yesterday, I absolutely loved everything about that job. Even on my frustrating days, I loved Winn. They encourage new ideas (pay you for them too). They make sure you have proper training on ALL aspects of the job and you have so many resources if you need help! Can’t go wrong with them!!
Pros
Benefits, training, pay and flexibility
Cons
There is always a bad apple that can make you not love your job!
No review
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 7, 2018
I really have nothing to say one way or the other about this company. They have a lot of positive aspects, but the company culture is living in the past.
Be very careful
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAFebruary 2, 2018
management treats their employees like trash demeaning and very bad attitudes pay wasn't bad for the area, but honestly not worth the amount of workload and daily stress put upon employees.( nothing is ever good enough) always a bad sign when you see them hiring every few months huge red flag you have been warned
Pros
pay
Cons
poor management, lose the poison pills keep a happy workforce
Unlimited Opportunity
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 9, 2017
Great place to work if you are dedicated, honest, hard working and treat people with respect. Over the past few years there have been a number of changes in leadership, with the most recent changes being very positive. Paid time off, pay and benefits are extremely competitive and fair. The company is growing and very focused on employee engagement. They can do better job communicating messages from corporate to the sites and making site staff feel more a part of the Winn team. In some ways a corporate feel but still family owned. Overall very good employer.
Pros
Benefits, pay, job security, opportunity to travel or relocate
Cons
Pace of work, communication from corporate
Very Forward Moving Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 8, 2017
The company focuses on moving forward and they roll out tons of new programs and think of the employees and all of of the additional work. very fast pace!
Benefits
Cons
Work/life balance
Poor managrment
Resident Services Coordinator/admin assist (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MA.....new bedford maNovember 30, 2017
Some managers don't belong in that position.... no management skills treat employees and residents very badly.... very rude..... others let them slid... residents are living here to have a better life... miss treated... when a manager talks down to people it makes for a bad work environment
Pros
Good pay
Cons
High stress.... poor management
The pay is terrible!
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Ft. Campbell Ky.November 26, 2017
I started working for Winn through a temp agency at $13.00 p/h thinking surely as qualified as I am as a maintenance tech I would get $17.00. All they will pay is $15.00. I've spoke to my coworkers and some who've been there years and are very productive are still getting under $16.00. The time off is good, but if you've got no money to spend on vacation what good is it. So anyway, you've been warned.
Pros
Vacation/holiday
Cons
Poor payscale
A lot of work, little pay
Executive Legal Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2017
Overwhelmed with work that didn't pertain to your position, which I didn't mind because I learned a lot but they don't like to pay. Good team to work with, generous with time off but don't like to pay overtime.
Please Don’t Believe The Hype
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCNovember 16, 2017
Horrible plain and simple.
Highly unorganized management who does poor planning and is always lying to their workers.
Poor compensation for the amount of work and NO RAISES!
All management does is smoke cigarettes all day and can never admit when they are wrong about anything.
It’s an everybody for themselves environment.
Only 30 minute lunch even on 10 hour shifts.
Union contract is in place but they’re always going against and do a lot of underhanded things.
Please save yourself some time and energy before thinking about applying to this company.
Pros
Ato
Cons
Everything Else
Great place to work, good people.
Full-time Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXNovember 14, 2017
You work from 7am-3:30am, as a warehouse clerk, your customers are your technicians. You make sure you provide their daily parts, place special orders and maintain item accountability, prepare reports and other documents. The bad thing is, everyone thinks you don't do anything else because you are in a building with AC. The warehouse is very relaxed.
Pros
Employees are great and understand each other
Cons
Pay, some employees get paid the same amount doing half the others are doing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WinnCompanies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight