WinnCompanies Employee Reviews

productive, fast paced apartment rentals
Certified Occupancy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJuly 9, 2018
A typical day at work involves answering phones, meeting with residents, processing recertifications for residents and applications for prospective residents.
Overall pretty good
Occupancy Specialist/Asst. Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAJuly 5, 2018
I loved the day to day operations, continued education and type of work. I was not able to live on my own being paid what I was. It was difficult to advance in the company because of my location. Most other properties owned by them were further away from home for me.
Pros
Great benefits and it was close to home
Cons
My pay and my immediate supervisor
N/a
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 5, 2018
The company is just like any other company in other words it is just fine, I do not really want to talk about it as certain promises were made and they have not really been kept, this is typical of all management companies, that as time goes by they will have certain people come in and expect more from you and then act like they're not aware of what your contract actually says you are to do and what you will not be doing, and of course your salary still remains the same after a very long time, if only they would actually stick their initial selling points (which are what made me really exited about taking on the job in the first place) I do believe that it could almost become the perfect company, but it won't ever happen because like some of the reviewers stated they do not actually like to pay people their worth at least that goes for the people that are on the ground.
Cons
No promotions, constant test after test for no reason, low stagnant pay, they want you to do work that calls for a contractor and not actually pay you for it
No Room for growth
MANAGEMENT ADMINISTRATOR OF ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAJune 12, 2018
Unfortunately the growth of the co was veruy selective and the employees were not incentivatived, the customer experience was a plus for my future carreer.
the company message gets lost
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 11, 2018
In my time at Winn I worked in one region depite being bounced around. I was unhappy about this at first but was lulled into a sense of security by other employees telling me that, that, meant they trusted me. I dot't know about that, but I do know I was forgotten about. And at every site I met more disenfranchised employees, who felt overworked and under compensated.
Bad workplace, and very unproductive.
Maintenance Job (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 30, 2018
The company is a not at all ready to have young people working for them. I worked 8 hours week and got $200 at the nd of the summer. Also, the people were very rude and disrespectful.
My review of Winn management
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 22, 2018
This is a horrible management company to work for, they are unreliable and unprofessional with their tenants of there buildings. This was a worst experience working for this company, never again.
Friendly work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2018
A typical day at work is coming in and creating work orders for tenants to have repairs done in their unit. Checking NYC HPD website for violations to assigned property given by Supervisor. Learning how to understand the different personalities of tenants is a challenge but also a lesson in life on how to deal with certain situations. The hardest part of the job is learning that not everything can meet its deadline and not everyone can be understood when it comes to responsibilities pertaining to work and deadlines. The part of my job that is enjoyable is that I get to have my own desk and quiet space to work in. My colleagues are great and respectful towards one another.
Pros
1 hour lunch, gatherings and office activities
Nothing I did was good enough.
Maintenance tech.. (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 8, 2018
Nothing I did was good enough, they always focused on negative and not the good.seems like they wanted keep my moral down. Tenants were great; and was told not to go out of my way for them..
Pros
Good pay, and excellent paid holidays.
Cons
No team work............supervisor had no sense of direction.
Big company with great benefits but low pay.
Assistant Property Manager/Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAMay 4, 2018
If it weren’t for my direct manager I would have loved this company and stayed forever. I gave my all and she wouldn’t compensate me with pay or advancement because she wanted me to do all her work at the property level.
Pros
Lots of positions and locations
Cons
Bad experience with pay and property manager
Excellent company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  CTMay 2, 2018
Innovative company that cares about their employees and residents. I am a part of the team. Excellent opportunities for growth. I enjoy working with my co workers and problem solving the different challenges that arrive in residential property management.
Pros
Excellent company
Great company eith excellent opportunities
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  CTMay 2, 2018
Great company, flexible, innovative, and cares about their employees and residents. Best part of the job is I am constantly learning and growing. I have amazing co workers.
Pros
Excellent company!
Very positve experience working with Winn
Management (Former Employee) –  CTApril 24, 2018
I highly recommend Winn as a company. Their professionalism and industry knowledge is at a higher standard then many and they provide and allow you training to better yourself and perform your job at the best level possible.
Pros
Trainings, competitive salary, upward mobility
the site manager sucks
RSC (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 24, 2018
the site manager had very bad working style. Yelling the site employees all the time, and she was not being professional. unfair housing regulation to the residents.
Summary
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Malden, MAApril 23, 2018
The winncompanies was a fantastic place to work. I especially liked how involved upper level management was and how much support I had from people outside my property.
Decent Company
Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 17, 2018
My department was pretty laid back. The culture was great. Some coworkers often went out to bond after work. The day to day aspect was fine. I didn't feel like I was being micro-managed.
Good job if you are in MA
Resident Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTApril 13, 2018
WinnCompanies based out of Boston didn't often include the CT properties in many of their corporate events as if we didn't exist. Online training was long and often felt exhausting in light of all the other work that needed to be done-especially when beginning a new job. Feel that they like most large companies were most concerned with profits.
Pros
Good pay, great residents, fun co-workers
Cons
Didn't feel management respected me or cared about me.
Solid Company
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 2, 2018
Solid company decent job security and compensation. Very stressful environment at times fast pace. When working on financial projects tasks and deadlines where clear and often met. Whereas when working on property management projects tasks nor deadlines were met.
this company is all about their employees
Payroll Administrator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 2, 2018
I wish I could of stay it a great company
Everything all about their employees and they are caring company
The company is fast pace you come in and start work before you know it is time for lunch or time to go home.
Just no if your desperate only apply
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 19, 2018
There's a reason why they use temp agencies they use people and everyone is indispensable... Just loook at the bad real reviews! I can just feel the bad vibes from here. Trust me guys and girls stay away...
Pros
Lol
Cons
Just no

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WinnCompanies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.2

2.0Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight