WinnCompanies Employee Reviews

Garbage
Installer (Current Employee) –  Fort drum New YorkJune 14, 2019
they claim to have room for advancement, paid time off, Benefits, etc. well... once you try to use your “paid time off” it’s becomes an issue. Management is god awful and want you to do their job on top of yours. Maybe one or two supervisors out of the whole company actually want you do learn and be better the rest drive around and do nothing all day and take all the time off in the world but once you even need a sick day it’s an issue. Then to add to the list they gave the residents the power to talk to you however they see fit without any sort of repercussion, employees are absolutely miserable. Everyone talks about everyone behind their backs. Definitely not a company you want to work for. It’s amazing for the first couple month and then they show you their true colors and who they are as people. It’s a multi BILLION dollar company but they pay you like garbage. 10/10 do not recommend
Pros
Lunch
Cons
The whole company is a con
Not a good company to work for
Resident Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJune 6, 2019
WinnCompanies work environment was very uncomfortable, they will write you up as soon as you make one mistake or fire you. It was not an office friendly environment. Management was so bad if you reported a staff member or management because of harassment nothing was done; also management like to micro- manage. Management wanted you to do their job, on top of your own and they treat you like you didn't know your job after 5 years. Management allowed residents to threaten and use verbal abuse towards staff. Would I recommend working there. Yes if you like management and staff mistreating you.
Pros
Love the residents
Cons
Bad management
Good work place
General maintenance associate (Current Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMMay 30, 2019
Work on my own, I'm allow to work alone. Take my time to do my work right and think of how to do other work that I don't know or done before. Get to teach new recruit on the job and work we do.
All window dressing, not enough golf carts, immediately doing work not in my job description, safety not a big concern, no SDS sheets anywhere
Maintenance Tech ll (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CA, Oakley CaMay 28, 2019
The poorest organization skills I have ever seen, very disappointed. No SDS SHEET POSTED ANYWHERE, no break area, gas stored out in open within feet of Water heater pilot light no chemical locker, parts and supplies scattered between at least 4 little closet like areas, no color coding for different kinds of stock or material.
Pros
Free air
Cons
Not employee friendly
Horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York StateMay 18, 2019
Very stressful and the management was very judgmental and would single people out. It was okay for one person to do something and not the other. The technicians were very underpaid and overworked. It was an overall bad experience and i’m Very happy and I left and happy with the job I have now.
Pros
The benefits
Cons
Being made to feel guilty for using those benefits, not feeling like you were supported by your manager and the pay.
My supervisor is great
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CAMay 16, 2019
There is an opportunity for growth. I've enhanced my job skills, i I work with a great team of people. I have worked here for two years and get joy from giving a tenant the keys to their new home.
Underpaid and Overworked
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 15, 2019
A typical day is trying to make repairs without stock and inventory, which makes it very hard to get anything accomplished. There was never enough people to perform daily task.
Company horrible to work for
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Providence riMay 8, 2019
Had a regional supervisor that would not help. When he did he would get upset. Property manager always defended a maintenance supervisor from another site. That maintenance supervisor even threatened me with bodily harm and nothing was done. He is in providence ri
Pros
Cons
Horrible company
Best company I've worked for!
Leasing Consultant/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAApril 19, 2019
Although I have worked for this company for such a short time, I have loved every minute of working with them. The staff is great, we always work as a team together to make sure things are up to date and all tasks are completed by the end of the day. My manager has always gone above and beyond for me and the team is extremely positive.
Unorganized and terrible employee turnover. Overall inconsistent management !
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 17, 2019
Great for experience in property management (you’ll get the gist shortly) but mentally draining with lack of compensation. If you want transparent leadership and valued work ethic, this can be a stop and go.
Theplace is a horrible place to work management sucks and if you are family member in the company they suck too
Management assistant (Current Employee) –  MAApril 6, 2019
My advice to you do not work there go on welfare you will make more money doing that I have a college degree in the family members that work there didn't even graduate high school and they make more money t h a n me my manager sucks
Pros
And I am going to ruin them
Cons
That the family who work there and management are still breathing
Unstable company.
Property Manager I (Former Employee) –  Paso Robles, CAApril 3, 2019
Horrible upper management, they pick favorites, they can be jealous if you have more experience they do, they will push you out even if you do your job for selfish reasons. This company is fake and all show.
Cons
Too stressfull
winn is a good company to work for
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MarylandMarch 24, 2019
winn is well structured company with room for advancement.
the company has a work / life balance mentality.
unfortunately good intention are lost in the workload, budgets, and
unrealistic expectations.
Ready to go
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 18, 2019
Ready to go and start i am very happy .learning new method s off building engineering and more tools vocabulary and dealing with different customers plus making work place safe.
Fun Productive Place with Coffee
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2019
AT first I was lost but with the help of some of my employees I was able to manage on learning a bit more.I also had co-workers that were very rude and also negative.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
no paid time off
Pay is good but the stress and fears are killer!
Executive Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 8, 2019
They pay well, benefits good. If your are in Boston it is a good place to work. If your in a region, they overload you with work and meetings so you rarely work a 40-45 hour work week. Also, unless you know someone you don't get promoted as they try to talk employee engagement but they throw you into work fires with little to no help or training and demand results. Then when you fail they make you basically train your replacement.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Workload, expectation
Worst company to work for in baltimore
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 16, 2019
I had the worst manager at the belvedere location. She didnt like me and she was very rude. She felt as though people who work for her was suppose to kiss her butt. She was very shady and she was not a team player.
Cons
Managers Rude
Productive Work Place
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  MDFebruary 12, 2019
Winn is family oriented and continues to grow by the day. I would recommend working with Winn. The benefits contribute significantly to the longevity of each employee.
Pros
Promotes within
Cons
Employee turnover rates
Stressful, unappreciated, deceitful
A/C Technician (Former Employee) –  Ft. Campbell, KYFebruary 7, 2019
I was an a/c tech there for almost 5 years and no matter how hard you work or how good your work is their looking for something you done wrong, they wanna hire temps now who have no experience and pay them almost nothing. I had a friend who work there for about for years and after he had put in his notice, they wrote him up and fired him before his two weeks was up, so they didn’t have to pay him his vacation and sick time. That is the dirtiest place I have ever worked, they will throw u under the bus in a second. But it all worked out for me, I quit and got a job with the government making quit a bit more money and better benefits, and our shop is in same building as there’s so I wave at management as I drive by.
Pros
Better than welfare
Cons
Winn
highly safety orientated and fun and challenging work environment
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMFebruary 6, 2019
Everything revolves around being safe. Everyone is really nice and always willing to help out. Depending on your role in the company some tasks can be time consuming and difficult. However there is always someone willing to assist you when you need help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WinnCompanies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight