Winnebago Industries, Inc. Employee Reviews

A new adventure
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Lake Mills, IAMarch 23, 2018
I learned a lot working at Winnebago industries. How to build motor homes, and do things that I have never done before. Money was good. Long hours and stressful on the body.
So much to do not enough people to do it
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Forest city iowaMarch 11, 2018
The orders where way too high to have so little people doing their jobs and they wouldn’t train you on other areas when there was a hold up for your next part until you got in trouble for not working
good job
Reciever/ Warrenty (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, INMarch 7, 2018
I loved my job was very easy the manager we had for the warehouse was great but was more worried about being a friend than boss and drama started with a few other workers and I didn't want to work with drama
Pros
good managment
Cons
wasnt organized
Great place to make decent money and meet people
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Forest City, IAFebruary 13, 2018
I learned alot of things from how factorys work to how to work together to accomplish goals I met alot of friends there and I felt I grew as a person management was great in my opinion lenient on the small things but strict on the stuff that matters
nice place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Forest City, IAFebruary 11, 2018
nice place to work but a lot expected from some positions and little expected from other positions. I enjoyed working there and what I did but thought it was more than a one man job
Pros
decent pay good benifits
Decent job
Advanced assembler (Current Employee) –  Forest City, IAJanuary 31, 2018
A lot of what you will get out of working there is what you make it. It has changed a lot in the last 20+ years. You do have decent health insurance and other benefits
Pros
Jobs for most part are Brocken down to simple routines
Cons
If your smart and hard working they will work you harder.
What I did
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Forest City, IAJanuary 27, 2018
Helped with IT department on occasion
Deployed and repaired employee computers

I started doing computer work at Winnebago Industries part time then ended up moving to the wood shop.
Productive and fast paced
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Forest City, IAJanuary 20, 2018
I learned that I could move at a quick pace to finish what job I was assigned to do before it went to the next station. I learned that I could do different tasks that others did not think I could do, like putting silicone on a unit or putting the doors and drawers in a unit.
Pros
The friendships I made with coworkers
Cons
The fast paced of the work left room for errors
Great setting and culture.
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Forest City, IAJanuary 4, 2018
Was a very friendly and team setting environment. Enjoyed the work day and co workers were very friendly and open/willing to help. Managers always had an open door and were straight forward and honest. Great benefits that were available sooner than most companies. Highly professional and strongly recommended.
Pros
Very open, honest, and friendly staff.
Good People
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 20, 2017
It was a fast paced work place. But, it was fun too. You have to make your own fun in a work place or your going to be miserable. Nice place to work.
Pros
Raises were great
Cons
Having to relocate
supervisor never happy
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Forest City, IADecember 15, 2017
I did not enjoy working at Winnebago. The work environment was very stressful due to the fact that my supervisor was never satisfied with our department's performance. Not one time did I ever hear him say anything positive about it.
Pros
you can eat whenever you want
Cons
grumpy supervisor
Winnebago
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Forest City, IANovember 16, 2017
Don't know what I can tell, except it was a horrible place to work. work hours were bad, coupled with low pay and what they disguised as benefits made it a very horrible experience
Enjoyable
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Forest City, IANovember 14, 2017
Working for Winnebago Industries was an enjoyable job working in the production line area. The atmosphere was laid back but busy. My co-workers were very good to work with.
Pros
laid back
Cons
Early days
Great Place to work
Winnebago Motor Sports Manager (Former Employee) –  Forest City, IAOctober 13, 2017
Fast paced and they are looking for your best all the time. Loved some of the managers and others well you know how that goes. I really enjoyed my time there.
Not a great place to work
Product Assembly Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Forest City, IAOctober 3, 2017
I was initially hired to start on the sew line but was also informed I would not be there long, just until a position opened up in an office setting. But I finally was informed that I would not be promoted off the sew line because I knew how to sew and sewed well with little product coming back.
Stressful with low pay
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Forest City, IASeptember 17, 2017
As a salary employee you expect to be paid better than the employees working for you, but that's not the case. The first of the year the company quit paying overtime for their salaried supervisors even though we were putting in 50 to 60 hours a week.
Worst place to work hands down.
Production Assembly (Former Employee) –  Forest City, IAAugust 15, 2017
Very few opportunities for advancement. Workplace culture is cut throat. Many people stab you in the back working there. Bullying is wide spread. The company in itself has been around a long time but morale is very poor.
Cons
The pay is alright but not that great of insurance.
Was a very stressful place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Forest City, IAAugust 3, 2017
Working on the assembly line was not an easy job and to not have a supervisor that taught you anything about the job was very stressful. Also was a very hostile environment for women....They were treated differently and not given very high regard to doing the job. I also ended up getting hurt on the job and they would not let me come back again.
Good Place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Forest City, IAJune 12, 2017
Good place to work, decent benefits, pay was good. Clean factory enviroment to work in and always had the right tools for you to complete your job quickly and properly.
I enjoyed the pay and benefits of this stable job.
Recreational Vehicle Assembler (Former Employee) –  Forest City, IAJune 10, 2017
days would start early morning, and stop early afternoon. opportunities for overtime were frequent. good money. the people you worked with and the enviroment was calm and relaxed.
Pros
easier work, good environment
Cons
people constantly missing days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winnebago Industries, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.