Winning Wheels Employee Reviews

Fun work place and a great experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Prophetstown, ILMarch 1, 2019
I have worked at wheels for a litter over a year now and I absolutely love my residents and co workers. People make this place sound so deceiving! But yet they haven’t stepped foot inside our building! So please if your interested in becoming a CNA I would definitely recommend taking the class! We even pay for it too! And pay you while you learn. I would highly recommend working here
Pros
75% off child care services
Cons
Can be stressful at times but every less more than none
Its getting better!!
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Prophetstown, ILFebruary 28, 2019
Been working here for awhile. I've seen people come and go and come back again.The residents are the best part! Every day is a new day and depending on your attitude and willingness to make someone else's life better determines your day! We have a new administrator and she is making Wheels better day by day! She's fair and straight to the point. Voices appreciation and uplifts us rather than degrade.It's getting better with the standard of care bar raised alot since she has started! It's hard work in every department ,fast paced and full of stuff you dont normally hear anywhere else. Good or bad depends on how you are...if your negetive..every behavior will seem horrible.If your a positive person..sure bad moments in days will happen as they do anywhere but wont ruin your day. Have to have compassion and ability to not let words get to you. The residents become family and they themselves make it worth it to be here!
Pros
Coworkers with same high standards work well together and become family
Cons
No medical insurance
Working at wheels is an eye opening experience!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Prophetstown, ILFebruary 28, 2019
Day care available thru winning wheels! At a small fraction when compared to any licenced provider! While Working for wheels, you receive a 75% discount on day care services! While at work, Working side by side with co-workers, nurses, restorative aides and residents is absolutely amazing! Ive never been able to rely on as many wonderful people at any workplace more than at wheels. Management offers up new ideas to staff and even steps in when short handed! They listen to our concerns and do what they can to elevate situations that may arise. If you have a strong work ethic and love the daily interactions with young and very active residents who make it an amazing place to walk into on a daily basis, wheels is where you want to be!
Pros
The residents and caring staff!
Rewarding place to work
Restorative Aide/CNA (Current Employee) –  Prophetstown, ILFebruary 28, 2019
Winning Wheels I think is a good place to work at. Yes it can be stressful at times but what job isnt. The residents are a hoot and are a joy to work with. It is such a rewarding place to work at and the residents and staff make it such a fun place to be at.
Pros
Residents and the rewarding feeling you get when you leave
Cons
Can get stressful at times
I loved my residents.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prophetstown, ILJanuary 16, 2019
The residents really are the best around you will love them like family however the management could care less about their employees and their well being. I worked throughout my pregnancy here while being mandated for 16hrs often and often taking care of 33+ residents by myself. It will take a toll on your emotional and mental well being and the management team could care less. Rarely do they interact with residents or offer help. And they are quick to blame you for any issues that arise. They building very rarely has the supplies needed to care for these residents I often bought my own shampoo, soap etc. To use on residents. The pay here really is not worth the headache and heartache of working for a company only looking out for themselves not the residents or employees. It is so sad the residents deserve better than what they get.
Pros
Taking care of such unique residents.
Cons
The entire management team
I feel in love with Rehabilitation and residents
Restorative Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prophetstown, ILDecember 18, 2018
Love winning wheels. Its your attitude here that makes you advance its your work ethics that you have to achieve goals, and the team work is great the nurses are awesome to work beside of any shifts you work. My main job was restorative aide this is where i learned more out on what i wanted to proceed in my career Physical therapy.
Pros
great residents and awesome programs
work place fun
Restorative Nurse (Former Employee) –  Prophetstown, ILDecember 13, 2018
In my position I spent a lot of time in the Gym area and office. in my time there I believe the company was going threw growing pains. but over all a fun place to work. A community/ family atmospheres. the hardest part of the job was dealing with personality's
Pros
lots of chances to learn new skills
Cons
behaviors of staff and residents
Fast paced, never a dull moment
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Prophetstown, ILSeptember 19, 2018
This facility is a great place to work. The administrator gives her team autonomy and does not micromanage. The company is willing to let you try new things and if they don't work, you don't get in trouble, you just learn from the experience.

There is great teamwork and everyone loves the residents. All of the department managers are flexible with their staff's hours and help them grow in their positions.
Fantastic place to work!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prophetstown, ILSeptember 18, 2018
Winning wheels provides a great opportunity to grow and become a wonderful care taker, the hours are long however the job has so many ways of making it fulfilling and satisfying.
Not a bad place to work
CNA (Current Employee) –  Prophetstown, ILJuly 23, 2018
Not a bad place but not a for once to work either. Great opportunities here but not something that should be seen as long term. More like a stepping stone into your career. Residents are the best bunch you could work with, co-workers not the best.
Poor management
N/a (Former Employee) –  ProphetstownJune 14, 2018
Depending on the department management can be very uncaring for there employees your just another number to them don’t follow there own policies tell you everything is peachy but in reality they stab you in the back first chance they get and not care who it effects. Wouldn’t recommend anyone to work here!!
Pros
Working with the residents
Cons
Management, stressful, work you into the ground
Would not recommend
Employee (Former Employee) –  Prophetstown, ILMay 23, 2018
If you want to be taken advantage of then this place is for you. Running staff into the ground Mandatory Stay Over, cnas often doing 16 hour shifts. Nurses working extra 12 hour shifts.
Management that only cares about the money but cancels insurance on the staff.
Loving residents who deserve so much more, you will fall in love with them.
Hardly ever the proper supplies, scheduled that are constantly wrong. Expecting you to stay over and be away from your family but you never see the administrator or DON in on their off days. Residents constantly eating meals off paper plates.
They will lie to staff to get them in the door and then it all changes once you start working. Agency who gets paid more but does way less.
The place has a lot of potential but not with the management they have.
Pros
Residents
2 faced
Maintenace worker (Former Employee) –  Prophetstown, ILApril 17, 2018
place will stab you in the back no matter how hard you work for them you ask for help with a bad situation and they just screw you over even when management knows it is wrong
Pros
close to home
Cons
rude people
Rewarding place to work
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Prophetstown, ILJanuary 19, 2018
If you want to work in a challenging, fast paced environment where you can really make a positive impact on the lives of others, Winning Wheels is the place to be! Management expects QUALITY work performance from everyone on the team. This is a not for profit facility that that works very hard to raise money to positively affect both the residents and the staff. This is not a corporation where the management or owner gets to keep the profits made. This company puts every single dollar made back into equipment and programs that improves the lives of both staff and residents. Winning Wheels only has room on its team for positive minded, creative, caring, hard working, ethical individuals who are willing to work hard for the residents.
Pros
Rewarding to see residents rehab to home
Cons
Some residents are never able to return home
Very tense place.
Everything (Former Employee) –  Prophetstown, ILJanuary 13, 2018
Awful management. The owner all the way down to the administrator could care less about the residents and their employees. All they care about is if they are making money or not.
stressful
Day Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Prophetstown, ILNovember 13, 2017
The residents are worth it but the job atmosphere is very stressful. Morale is very low among the workers. There are promises made with no carry through. Everything is decide on the whim of a few in top management.
Pros
the residents
Cons
management
Wonderful place for residents with long term traumatic brain injuries
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee) –  Prophetstown, ILOctober 30, 2017
You either maqke it or break it at Winning Wheels, and unfortunately, it can be about who you know. I loved my job, and was heart sick that my job was cut. I felt that it was very unfair.
Pros
Working for the residents, and some excellent staff members
A Rewarding Career
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Prophetstown, ILSeptember 14, 2017
Worked there for many years. I’ve seen people come and go but the administration staff presently is a hard working group of caring individuals. It used to be a lot more fun to work at Winning Wheels but They have THE BEST residents EVER!! They give you lots of vacation pay and affordable benefits. Negative side is no 401k. That’s a big negative because what are you supposed to live off of when you retire? Winning Wheels is the hardest and most challenging place I’ve ever worked but it taught me to appreciate life as you know it because it can all be taken away in an instant. Got lots of experience here also. If you can work here, you can work anywhere!!!!
Takes a special kind of caring person to work there.
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Prophetstown, ILMarch 28, 2017
All jobs have pros and cons. You will have good days and you will have bad days as with any job. You just take the highs and lows as they come. I worked there for 22 years.
Fun and upbeat workplace
Homemaker/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Prophetstown, ILOctober 27, 2016
Typical day at work includes meeting with different clients and making sure their needs are met. I have learned so much about being a nursing assistant. Management is very understanding about your personal life. Hardest part of the job is making sure you stay on top of the clients needs. Most enjoyable part of the job is becoming part of the family!
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
lazy co workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winning Wheels. Our community is ready to answer.

Winning Wheels Reviews by Location