Winning Wheels

Working at Winning Wheels: 35 Reviews

United States35 reviews

winningresidentcarestaffmanagementplacedayworking

Rewarding career

Rewarding career caring for residents who have obtained brain or spinal cord injuries. very fast paced. not your average "LTC" setting. Population is relatively "younger" age given the nature of the facility/rehab. Pros-12 hour nursing shifts were nice giving you time off during the pay period for home life. Cons-short staffed a lot of the times due to high turn overs due to fast paced/hard job all around in every department. At the time I was employed here, CEO cared more about $ signs than his staff or residents. Rest of management did a decent job advocating for staff/residents.

Unprofessional cliques

Unless your in with the bosses you will be treated like trash no raises no bonuses. Cnas are treated like less than human garbage. Managers don’t care about their staff at all only themselves and their agendas.

Winning Wheels insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Inclusive work environment

On Mission

The environment is innovative and initiative is rewarded. The culture is family like and always open to input. The patient population is very complex and, at times, hard to deal with, however this is easier to take knowing everyone is on mission to provide the best patient care first. The most difficult aspect is time management and feeling like you need to be in several locations at once. You will find your day to day is like triage, prioritizing and managing your priorities will make your life have less stress. I would say this is pretty consistent in this part of the healthcare field. Overall, if you are someone who can look at the bigger picture and offer innovative solutions and be willing to learn, you will excel in this location. The new Administrator is very open to your strengths and using your individual experience to benefit the big picture.

Pros

Exciting population, good culture

Cons

Prioritizing your time

Overall impressed

With every facility comes many struggles to overcome. Like many others we have our issues. But overall I'm impressed with the quality of care our residents receive from our caring staff and management team. Each day is something to look forward to. Not one day is ever the same. It can be fast paced but at the end of the day you know you have help those that can no longer help themselves due to the injuries from TBI. I feel blessed to know I am a part of something that no one else is providing in other facilities. I recommend Winning wheels to anyone I know to give us a chance, come see why we are different from other facilities. This is the most enjoyable place I have worked since I began working in healthcare, and I have been doing this for over 28 years. Winning Wheels is a place that will tug at your heart strings and give you the overall feeling you have finally reached a place of fulfillment. Everyone here is family and we treat each other as such. Love and compassion with ups and downs along the journey. As a part of the management team I see lots of changes and positive outcomes for residents and staff members included. The rewards of being a member of this team is heart warming.

Pros

amazing residents to get to know and care about

Cons

Not enough time in the day to spend with each residents

Working 70-80 hours a week at the end

Don't do it! Residents are wonderful, and the coworkers are just as dedicated as was I. However, management is highly questionable. After much dedication, people are tossed and then no one will speak to them again- and your coworkers are threatened if they remain in contact.

Nice facility. Management friendly and approachable. Busy, time goes fast.

It is a very nice facility. Management is caring, easy to talk to and look for ways to improve work environment. Most of the staff are friendly. Good pay. The work is challenging but rewarding.

Cons

12 hour shifts. I prefer 8 hour shifts but it does have its benefits, less days that are needed to comein to work.

The future is not good! RUN!!!

Winning wheels used to be great, until the current management took over. If you don’t agree with what the administrator says, you are ‘targeted.’ She believes she is better than everyone. The DON is very unprofessional. If there were any issues with the nurses, her response is, “Do you want to work their hours?” The DON has been known to slam doors and cuss at her staff when things aren’t going her way.

Find a new place to work....run from winning wheels. Its a 1 star facility now.

They don't care about you. There health care benefits are not major medical. Management are horrible. They don't drug test employees. They have dropped to a 1 star facility.

The staff are nice and the residents are lovely. The administrator cares about her staff and cares about her residents the most. It was a good experience when I worked there.

Fun work place and a great experience

I have worked at wheels for a litter over a year now and I absolutely love my residents and co workers. People make this place sound so deceiving! But yet they haven’t stepped foot inside our building! So please if your interested in becoming a CNA I would definitely recommend taking the class! We even pay for it too! And pay you while you learn. I would highly recommend working here

Pros

75% off child care services

Cons

Can be stressful at times but every less more than none

Its getting better!!

Been working here for awhile. I've seen people come and go and come back again.The residents are the best part! Every day is a new day and depending on your attitude and willingness to make someone else's life better determines your day! We have a new administrator and she is making Wheels better day by day! She's fair and straight to the point. Voices appreciation and uplifts us rather than degrade.It's getting better with the standard of care bar raised alot since she has started! It's hard work in every department ,fast paced and full of stuff you dont normally hear anywhere else. Good or bad depends on how you are...if your negetive..every behavior will seem horrible.If your a positive person..sure bad moments in days will happen as they do anywhere but wont ruin your day. Have to have compassion and ability to not let words get to you. The residents become family and they themselves make it worth it to be here!

Pros

Coworkers with same high standards work well together and become family

Cons

No medical insurance

Working at wheels is an eye opening experience!

Day care available thru winning wheels! At a small fraction when compared to any licenced provider! While Working for wheels, you receive a 75% discount on day care services! While at work, Working side by side with co-workers, nurses, restorative aides and residents is absolutely amazing! Ive never been able to rely on as many wonderful people at any workplace more than at wheels. Management offers up new ideas to staff and even steps in when short handed! They listen to our concerns and do what they can to elevate situations that may arise. If you have a strong work ethic and love the daily interactions with young and very active residents who make it an amazing place to walk into on a daily basis, wheels is where you want to be!

Pros

The residents and caring staff!

Rewarding place to work

Winning Wheels I think is a good place to work at. Yes it can be stressful at times but what job isnt. The residents are a hoot and are a joy to work with. It is such a rewarding place to work at and the residents and staff make it such a fun place to be at.

Pros

Residents and the rewarding feeling you get when you leave

Cons

Can get stressful at times

I loved my residents.

The residents really are the best around you will love them like family however the management could care less about their employees and their well being. I worked throughout my pregnancy here while being mandated for 16hrs often and often taking care of 33+ residents by myself. It will take a toll on your emotional and mental well being and the management team could care less. Rarely do they interact with residents or offer help. And they are quick to blame you for any issues that arise. They building very rarely has the supplies needed to care for these residents I often bought my own shampoo, soap etc. To use on residents. The pay here really is not worth the headache and heartache of working for a company only looking out for themselves not the residents or employees. It is so sad the residents deserve better than what they get.

Pros

Taking care of such unique residents.

Cons

The entire management team

I feel in love with Rehabilitation and residents

Love winning wheels. Its your attitude here that makes you advance its your work ethics that you have to achieve goals, and the team work is great the nurses are awesome to work beside of any shifts you work. My main job was restorative aide this is where i learned more out on what i wanted to proceed in my career Physical therapy.

Pros

great residents and awesome programs

work place fun

In my position I spent a lot of time in the Gym area and office. in my time there I believe the company was going threw growing pains. but over all a fun place to work. A community/ family atmospheres. the hardest part of the job was dealing with personality's

Pros

lots of chances to learn new skills

Cons

behaviors of staff and residents

Fast paced, never a dull moment

This facility is a great place to work. The administrator gives her team autonomy and does not micromanage. The company is willing to let you try new things and if they don't work, you don't get in trouble, you just learn from the experience. There is great teamwork and everyone loves the residents. All of the department managers are flexible with their staff's hours and help them grow in their positions.

Fantastic place to work!

Winning wheels provides a great opportunity to grow and become a wonderful care taker, the hours are long however the job has so many ways of making it fulfilling and satisfying.

Not a bad place to work

Not a bad place but not a for once to work either. Great opportunities here but not something that should be seen as long term. More like a stepping stone into your career. Residents are the best bunch you could work with, co-workers not the best.

Poor management

Depending on the department management can be very uncaring for there employees your just another number to them don’t follow there own policies tell you everything is peachy but in reality they stab you in the back first chance they get and not care who it effects. Wouldn’t recommend anyone to work here!!

Pros

Working with the residents

Cons

Management, stressful, work you into the ground

Would not recommend

If you want to be taken advantage of then this place is for you. Running staff into the ground Mandatory Stay Over, cnas often doing 16 hour shifts. Nurses working extra 12 hour shifts. Management that only cares about the money but cancels insurance on the staff. Loving residents who deserve so much more, you will fall in love with them. Hardly ever the proper supplies, scheduled that are constantly wrong. Expecting you to stay over and be away from your family but you never see the administrator or DON in on their off days. Residents constantly eating meals off paper plates. They will lie to staff to get them in the door and then it all changes once you start working. Agency who gets paid more but does way less. The place has a lot of potential but not with the management they have.

Pros

Residents

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winning Wheels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Winning Wheels Reviews by Location

Learn about Winning Wheels in popular locations

• Winning Wheels
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?