Winona Health Employee Reviews

Top down management
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNApril 8, 2018
Management makes decisions and dictates how to do the job instead of collaborating on what would work best. Location of the business is an attraction and the pay is competitive.
Caring
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNApril 4, 2018
The staff and management was very caring and understanding to life events or events for school and would accommodate or give me encouragements to continue my dreams.
Love it here
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNMarch 26, 2018
Great place to work, friendly staff! Conducive environment for growth and a lot of learning. I enjoy the LEAN culture and being a stand-alone hospital to be able to have a say in our daily work! I came from a corporate setting environment where things were handed hand with instruction and here it is so refreshing to be able to initiate change!
DOCUMENTATION AND WORKFLOW COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNMarch 22, 2018
Easy to learn environment with a great IT Department. Friendly staff with focused management. Lean and Toyota oriented business model ideal for efficiency in the changing healthcare market. I would work here again.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Variable
Stressful
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNFebruary 22, 2018
very fast and stressful place to work short staff overall management team was not good no chance of overtime pediatrics department management was ok some very understanding.
Pros
understanding staff
Cons
short staff
A good place to work
Transcription Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNOctober 31, 2017
Management works hard to include staff in process improvement and listens to staff suggestions. Rising costs and uncertainty over future government policies makes this a challenging field if job security is very important to you.
Summary
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNOctober 22, 2017
The management of Winona health was not well run. The nurses were rude and inconsiderate to their residents and workers. The residents were not treated with the respect they deserved.
Ok
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNAugust 14, 2017
Winona Health had some awesome people to work with and I didn't like the hours of work that I had but I dealt with it and I was a student in college. The manager was an angry man.
I love being close to home
Health Unit Coordinator/Service Line Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNAugust 10, 2017
I love being close to home. I hate that I have to wear a mask during the flu season. My co workers are great. I wish the benefits were better. I have learned a lot working in the Emergency department.
Hardest job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNAugust 3, 2017
This was a part time job for me. housekeeping for the Hospital. this was a hard job because no one every came to work and it made it hard for everyone that had to pick up the areas that the person had to clean. We each had 3 areas to clean every night and was ok for a part time job and a learning experience to work in a hospital.
Laundry aid
Laundry aide (Former Employee) –  winona mnJune 28, 2017
start your job at 7:3am and finish at 4pm. Have to have a strong stomach because some of the clothes have bodily fluids on the clothes. you have to stand and sort the clothes and be able to multi task.
productive
IT Operations Tech Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJune 21, 2017
small company that closed down due to bad management. overall was a good place to work. hard work pays off. people were nice to work with and caring all around.
Pros
good experience
Cons
internship only
ok place to work
HUC - Dept. of Behavioral Medicine (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNMay 10, 2017
The people you work with are great, administration not so much. Administration does not support their employees in their departments. The co-workers are good at pulling together and taking care of business.
Management is horrible
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNMarch 9, 2017
If you need to discuss anything with your supervisor or director, you are better off talking to a wall. After giving my two week notice, the people I worked with rude. Including supervisors. I would suggest going to HR if you ever have an issue. They seem to be the only ones who will listen. Not a great work environment. Though, some departments seemed to be fine. Word travels very fast in this small hospital/ clinic as well.
Awful
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Msp/fbcJanuary 19, 2017
The other nursing assistants are bullies, the nurses are bullies except a few. Upper management will tear you down and bury you. Worst place of employment
First Chaplain
Hospice Chaplain and Bereavement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJanuary 17, 2017
I was the very first chaplain they had so it was extremely fulfilling. They staff was very understanding of the patients and they problems family members had dealing with a serious illness.
Poor managment. High turnover.
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  HospitalJanuary 8, 2017
Co-workers are hard working people who are not valued. Management only ever talk about saving money. They do not value employees concerns.
Pros
Good coworkers, like familyn. Hires travel nurses often.
Cons
Management doesn't care about employees or patients
Good company
Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNDecember 15, 2016
Great place to work, growth potential. Compensation, pay increases were stagnant. Enjoyed what I did there. Worked with nice people
I loved caring for my patients.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNSeptember 16, 2016
Winona Health was a wonderful place to work. I loved caring for the elderly who couldn't do their own activities of daily living. I also enjoyed being there for terminal patients who's only family was me. It was a privileged to be allowed to spend their last moments with them.
Pros
Wonderful people
Cons
no/short breaks
Well rounded place of employment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNMay 3, 2016
While working there I experienced a lot of enthusiasm from the employees while on the job even of rough days everyone was excited to be working.