Winona State University Employee Reviews

Great experience while in college
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNAugust 8, 2018
Both positions I held at Winona State University were doing my years there for my undergrad. I was given great opportunities to learn and grow while having the balance that my school work came first.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
N/a
A supportive workplace with a variety of situations to encounter
Campus Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNJuly 12, 2018
Winona State University’s security is a solid group of workers and supervisors who take the safety and security of WSU’s campus seriously. Response times are quick and reliable with guards responding to incidents professionally and openly.
Pros
Great people, can work on homework
Cons
No extra pay during overnight shifts
Productive and inspiring work environment
Annual Giving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNMay 10, 2018
Winona State is a great place of employment. Creates a safe and comfortable work environment. They encourage new ideas and make every employ feel valued and appreciated.
Where I could spend the rest of my life
Strength & Conditioning Coach Intern (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNApril 20, 2018
A great place to work. The people you work with and around are there to help you grow into a better coach. The workplace culture is very active, engaging, and intelligent. The hardest part of my job was deciding where I needed to get lunch. Unfortunately, what I learned was too much to write in a review.
Workplace Environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNApril 4, 2018
A typical day at work is pretty relaxed and calm. There are a few times I will make errands for my boss or do paperwork for other staff members,however it is nothing overwhelming.
Lack of support
Assistant Professor of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNMarch 26, 2018
Unfortunately, you must reapply for your position every so many years if you do not have a terminal degree. If a person with less experience, and has a terminal degree applies, you may be out of a job.
Pros
Dynamic team
Cons
Must have a terminal degree for tenure
Great option for college student seeking work study
Computer Science Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNMarch 7, 2018
I was pleased to be one of the graders for the computer science instructors junior level classes. I believe this affirmed my good standing in the program as well as practice quality assessment and code review.
Pros
Flexible hours, easy to study
Cons
Lacked some structure and in-depth training
Fun and productive
Lab Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNMarch 6, 2018
Worked at Winona State as a office worker and it was a nice part time job. It was really fun working with all the students and guiding the students into what they needed.
Fun
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Winona County, MNFebruary 26, 2018
Had fun working as a tutor for tutoring math and stat for undergraduate kids. The job is to assist students in targeted subject areas via individual or group tutoring. Model and encourage collaborative study strategies
Great University overall
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNJanuary 21, 2018
WSU is a great university, however, administration is slow to take to progressive views of inclusion of all students regardless of their personal identity.
temporary student position
Lab Administrator (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNNovember 27, 2017
I learned far more from working on campus in the tech support center than I did in the classroom.

little oversight, lots of opportunity to improve ourselves and processes. do as much as you can before you graduate.
Fun work place
Secretary/Front desk assistant (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNNovember 8, 2017
loved my coworkers and it was a wonderful job. I was sorry to leave. I learned a lot about data input and about customer service. I was also in charge of mailing items and the phones
Great place to make extra money and put ona resume
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNOctober 30, 2017
Getting a student job on a university is always a good thing to consider. It looks great on a resume, allows you to expand your horizons in job experiences, and can give you first hand experience in your studies. They obviously understand that school is your first priority, so the scheduling revolves around this. I've never had issues changing schedules or making adjustments to compensate for school. The people are fantastic and it's generally a fun place to work.
Pros
Great people, interesting work, great experience for future
Cons
The job you take will only ever be a student job
I was only parttime at Winona
Nursing Faculty (Adjunct) (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNOctober 25, 2017
Working in the nursing program as a professor was rewarding with the students but frustrating working with the management and supervisors. I would recommend with reservations.
Relaxed, flexible work environment fit for students
Tech Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNOctober 5, 2017
It is what it is, a part time job that is on campus and best suited for a student who will graduate and move on to another job. Great managers and a pleasant work environment.
I loved this program
History Association President (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNOctober 4, 2017
I took part in an unpaid program while being a student at this university. My position here led to becoming a common voice across campus and also helped me attain higher positions in similar programs.
Great job for a student
Student Technology and Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJuly 28, 2017
Great place to work if you are a student who wants to do more than filing books away in a library or serving organic smoothie beverages in the cafeteria to make money.
Great student job
Painter (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJuly 18, 2017
Working for Winona State University as a painter during the summers was excellent. The job is not stressful in any way. The compensation isn't great but it's also not bad considering all you have to do is paint dorm rooms which is very easy.
Easy fun productive job
Art Department Work Study (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJuly 17, 2017
Easy going job, pick your own hours to work. Can be both a very easy job or a hard job depending on the tasks assigned. Overall its a very convenient program to work for.
Pros
easy going, gernerally pick your hours (depending on placement), great chance to learn from within you're field of study
Cons
inconsistent hours
great place to start out of school
Admissions Counselor/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Winona, MN 55987July 6, 2017
great entry level work, pay, and benefits
lots of regional travel
not very many opportunities to move up salary wise
basically sales with no bonuses or commissions
Pros
great benifits
Cons
average pay