Winrock International Employee Reviews

Overall Positive
Chief of Party (Former Employee) –  Timor, IndonesiaMarch 25, 2018
Winrock compensates staff very well. The company has good values. The people that work at Winrock are good people to work with. The weakness in the organization at the time I worked there was a lack of technical focus and an attempt to compete with the big beltway bandits for project contracts. I felt like they either needed to shell out the money to develop proposals and take prime positions in project contract development or develop their organization as first class specialists for certain types of projects.

In the end they lost projects and I had to move to other organizations to find work in the area of my specialty.
Pros
good staff and good organization
Cons
poor program focus
I hate winroc. I hate vince most of all
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 26, 2017
I hate Winroc. It sucks and vince treats everyone like peasants. He throws paper at people and no matter how hard you work it's never good enough. The building has 1000 mice in the break room
Pros
Nothing good at all about this place
Cons
Everything there including vince sucks
Excellent benefits and great working environment
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 18, 2017
Good working environment and excellent benefits. The organization's mission and it's implimentation of that mission is admirable. There is a general feeling of pride in working for an organization that is helping to make the world a better place.
Pros
Great benefits and working environment
Cons
No room to grow
Finance for multiple entities
Controller (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 14, 2017
Responsible for all aspects of general ledger and consolidated financial statements. Presented results to management. Reviewed internal controls and implemented enhancements where necessary.
Se preocupan por que uno haya comido y este sano e hidratado.
JORNALERO (Former Employee) –  MORRILTON,ARKANSAS,EUA.March 30, 2016
Las jornadas de trabajo eran buenas , tenia un horario fijo de salida tratando de concluir con las actividades diarias en el trabajo, aveces habĂ­an actividades que toman cierto tiempo , pero se realizaba el trabajo, muy buen ambiente de trabajo trabajando con personas muy humanas que se preocupan de la salud de sus trabajadores.
Pros
Apoyo de combustible para trasladarse de la casa al trabajo.
Productive and innovative place to work
Monitoring & Evaluation, Communications Consultant (Former Employee) –  MonroviaDecember 14, 2014
It was an honor to work within a community overcoming obstacles of civil war, poverty and lack of electricity. My employer made it easy to adjust to the work environment.
The management system is very flexible in dealing with study grieveness
Project Director - Chief of Party (Former Employee) –  Juba, South SudanNovember 10, 2014
My co-workers are very understanding and cooperative
In any organization to succeed, there must be team work
perfomance, productivity are key inthis palce
Grants Manager (Current Employee) –  JubaOctober 20, 2014
Winrock International is a place for professionals. If you don't know what you are doing then you cant survive beyond the probation period. Provides you the opportunity to take up more challenging roles including managerial and supervisory roles.

Like as one of the senior members in the program I support most of the technical sections apart from making sure I do the grants work for which I was employed for.
Pros
Nothing really attractive per say
Cons
No short breaks, no team building initiatives, you just feel there is nothing for you as an individual, all is for the project
I love Winrock's mission
Senior Support Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 7, 2014
I love Winrock's mission, and our people are so focused on their project work. No matter if someone is working to build roads, or increase food production, our people are the best at what they do.
Best experience of career
Program Consultant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 1, 2014
Best job ever; work environment and culture was great; pay was low but that wasn't important; lots of travel overseas and exposure to international locations with challenging issues.
Pros
International exposure; collaborative working environment
Cons
political and sometimes difficult situations
Winrock International Volunteer
Intternational Agribusiness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 24, 2013
Great Mission - Professional Staff

Great people to work with. Honorable mission towards human development in 3rd World Countries
good
Concentration Practicum - Student (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 26, 2013
good place to work and agency does amazing things. sometimes there was a lack of understanding of diversity and culture issues and poor managment but overall the program was good.
Casual and friendly environment; Nice place to work!
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 21, 2012
Nice casual environment, friendly atmosphere; good teamwork, but very open to your methods of problem solving. Only worked there as a temporary consultant, but would have hired on permanently if opportunity presented itself. Seemed to have good benefits, but don't know for sure.
Cons
no cons; just long drive for me