WINSTEAD PC Employee Reviews

Busy, friendly environment in which to work.
Commercial Litigation for Section Chair (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75270April 22, 2019
Busy job; attorneys were good to give additional responsibility, if desired. Great working environment, but busy. Loved it! Everyone was friendly and cooperative.
dallas
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 27, 2018
Not a great place to work...a lot of back-stabbing goes on at the firm. Support staff aren't treated fairly. Parking is expensive. Salaries are not competitive with other law firms in Dallas.
Pros
nice looking office
Cons
poor management
Good firm but no room for growth
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 12, 2018
This has been one of the best companies I have ever worked for. Just try not to get dragged in the non sense. Everyone is pretty nice as long as you don't get involved in their gossip crews. For longevity just work, mind your business and keep to yourself. All senior secretaries have a great ethical background and are great teachers. Newbie secretaries give a sense of high school immaturity. Gossip, disloyalty, very combative and unprofessional. Unfortunately HR has not singled out the good employees versus the bad. There is no true consequence for disruptive behavior. The only way to get fired is to be drunk at the work place. The firm did a great job with supporting Harvey victims. I applaud them for that.
Pros
Free occasionnal lunch, free metro transportation
Cons
No breaks, vacation time must be requested
It was ok
Associate Attorney (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2017
The lawyers were all very nice, the management at the time I was there was not great, unless you were an Aggie (Texas A&M grad).

The biggest issue seemed to be that lawyers at the firm seemed to feel that the firm was second tier, which I did not personally like.

My experience here was mostly dictated by the partners for whom I worked. I did not have the impression that lawyers who worked with other partners felt the same.

Overall, Winstead hired nice people and its was a good environment. I am still in touch with people I worked with there.
Pros
Good Profit sharing and 401K benefits
Cons
Compensation was less than other large firms in Houston, inconsistent work experience, firm seemed to have an identity crisis
Best place I have ever worked
Closing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 10, 2017
I Loved working at winstead. I have nothing bad to say at all. This is the most relaxing place to work. No one is over your head telling you what to do. I have never worked in a place where I was happy to go to work everyday.
Pros
Everything!!!
Cons
None at all!
Great Place to Work
Legal Secretary/Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2017
Winstead is a great employer;however it has not been a great fit for me personally. It depends on who you are assigned to as to whether you can enjoy a 7.5 hour work day.
Very strict and firm place to work
Office Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 7, 2017
I learned a lot of office programs and i felt treated differently, but a very clean and nice place to work. they have so of the best staff around i liked my time here.
Pros
Very Cordial place to work
Cons
30 min lunch
Greatest Place On Earth!
Closing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 29, 2016
Winstead is the best place on earth to work! Everyone is nice and friendly. They take great care of the staff. If I didn't get laid off I would still be there now!
Pros
everything
Pleasurable Working Environment
Litigation Secretary (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2016
Most everyone is a pleasure to work with and I have been very open to advancement and progression for each employee. Management (HR) is very helpful and accommodating.
Benefits
A wonderful place to work.
Legal Secretary.Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 10, 2016
Promoted from legal secretary to legal assistant in IP Division. Enjoyed working with foreign entities (utilizing edicts of Hague Convention etc.) to help supervising attorney successfully represent clients.
Pros
Excellent work environment, salary, benefits
Cons
I have no cons for working at Winstead.
Good, bad at big firm
Legal secretary (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 11, 2014
Winstead is probably a lot better with the current CEO at the helm. He's a great guy - the HR department is so/so but the benefits are good. I would recommend it for people who don't mind seeing some sexism and a very conservative agenda.
Pros
Good benefits, salaries
Cons
Not loyal to long time employes
Great place to work.
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2014
I worked as a litigation secretary for several years. I always felt valued as a team member.
Very nice firm.
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2014
I efile documents, make tons of travel arrangements, do over 100 expense reports a year, do research, calendar extensively for speeches and different events, keep track of all speeches and what is due when. I make copies, scan, convert PDFs to Word, do Excel spreadsheets, work on PowerPoint documents, and many various duties.
Pros
They pay for my bus pass. Health insurance is good. No time clock.
Cons
The desk is extremely demanding and I don't care of this type of law, this desk went through three secretaries the year before I started because nobody could keep up.
Winstead does not seem to have a good business plan.
Legal secretary (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 16, 2012
At least in 2009, when they hired young attorneys right out of law school, had them move here and lease apartments, and laid them off within just a few months.

A new CEO is probably bringing much needed changes, but this is a very conservative boys' club type of firm.
One of the few law firms that treat staff like humans!
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 8, 2012
Great place for growth. Most Attorney's appreciate staff. Staff members are awarded. COmpany shares financial information with everyone.
Pros
good pay, good benefits, soda fountain, good location
Cons
law firm
Busy downtown law firm with great benefits!
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  5400 Renaissance Twr/1201 Elm St./Dallas, TX 75270January 22, 2012
Very friendly attorneys & staff, fair management, beautiful work environment, many surrounding amenities near West End
Pros
benefits & work environment
Cons
downtown traffic