Winston Flowers Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not bad
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 16, 2018
I love the people I work with, but the seasonal industry is tough to work in. The benefits are great, but I feel like they could offer more. Really really long hours during holidays.
Fast paced and exciting company and industry.
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 16, 2017
There were no 2 days alike. Beautiful environment learning all about not only flowers and horticulture but also design, in a high touch customer service oriented organization.
Amazing Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 12, 2017
This company cares so much about its employees and its clients. Every order that is created is completed with top notch customer service and teamwork. I learned so many amazing skills from amazing people. The employees are diverse, artistic, and very driven. The company culture is fun and hard working!
Delivering flowers was something that made me feel good
Delivery Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 29, 2016
I was fired from my postion at Winston Flowers. Maybe that postion was better suited for someone else. I think about my experience and feel good thinking that such a prominent situation fell into my hands.
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
My postition was terminated
Nice product but high turn over rate, negative environment etc
Client Services (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 13, 2014
The product is beautiful and there are some good people working there but some big issues are the little work/life balance (really no say in your schedule week by week), negative environment with lots of yelling at each other and lack of respect/trust from senior management and veteran employees. The turn over rate is outrageous and by far the highest I have seen at any company - seems like few people pass the 6 month mark -
Pros
Nice product, sales bonus
Cons
High turn over rate, negative work environment (gossip, yelling etc), little say in schedule, long hours during holidays, lack of respect/trust from senior management and veteran employees
Forced work but fun.
Driver - Delivery (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 11, 2014
For my, this company is a hard work but fun, I learned that it takes hard work to get things.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
no benefit
Active & Creative place
Assistant Buyer (Current Employee) –  Boston MAJanuary 9, 2014
The most amazing things you have ever seen come in and how they leave out the door , into a customers hand is amazing ! .. A typical day here is flowers, flowers & flowers. Tracking invoices, working with vendors and most importantly , the staff. Hardest part of the job is the learning curve of the product. The most enjoyable is watching this random flower/ rose go into a creative style of work!
Wonderful Flower Company
Flower Designer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 7, 2013
One of the most great flower place in USA.
Great Design, great owner
Good co- workers .
The hardest was the typical american work approach.
The mot fantastic thing s the really familiar warm environment .
Pros
Flower Designer
Creative, customer-oriented department.
Garden Design Field Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 26, 2013
I had a pleasant experience working with all the other field associates and field managers. The Garden Design department is a highly customer-oriented department that goes above and beyond to make sure that the client is satisfied with the final product. A creative and driven field crew allowed for goals to be met in a timely manner by creatively adjusting designs in the field to meet the clients needs, while still maintaining the style that is associated with WInston Flowers.