Winston Retail Employee Reviews

Love It.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 3, 2018
Totally recommend for a part-time merchandising position when it is available. It is flexible to and extent, the job just has to be done by the date that it is given to you on the very easy to use app, that is also a great tool.
Pros
Cons
Non
REGIONAL MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 5, 2018
I love the flexibility of the job. Youre able to make your own schedule. Time management is very important. You work alone which is great. The hardest part is submitting mplans on time
Flexible hours, but not very competitive pay
Merchandising Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 25, 2018
The hours that are available are flexible. You don't work weekends. You do however have to take the time to make appointment phone calls that you are not paid for. Additionally, you are only paid for travel if you go further than 150 miles round trip. You are expected to travel a lot. The hours that are available starting out are very spares.
Great job with alot of varity and flexibility
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 25, 2018
I love working for Winston! I only work about 20 hours per month, but I have a full time job so the schedule works well for me. I do wish that hours were more consistent and plentiful from month to month. But that is my only con. Pros are thorough training, good communications with my managers, good pay, and a flexible schedule.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good training, pay
Cons
Hours are not consistent and not plentiful
Create a relationship between merchants and vendors with monthly visits to stores.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARApril 13, 2018
I loved meeting and sharing product information with the key sales people so they could answer customer questions regarding the merchandise. You must be able to adapt planned merchandising suggestions to fit the area and product on hand. Taking pictures to support your merchandising on each visit is crucial to keep the vendors aware of their product placement. You are the connector for each site.
It was lame, and no one took you seriously
Merchandising Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMarch 4, 2018
The flexibility was great, and I always just played the system. Most manager never took you seriously because in reality. They didn’t know who you actually were. They never sent me the stuff they were supposed to, and to read through have that many floor plans mesmerized was just not realistic with the time they actually paid you to do it. Theyre killing a job field for a lot of people who used to work for the these companies you represent. They’re just out to make a quick buck and Lowe the brands standards for little to no acknowledge of your hard work. They loved to talk down to me, and I only ever had a relationship with my email with them. It’s just not worth it in the end.
Pros
Easy pay. Flexible
Cons
Stupid management. Short turn arounds. Punishment for stupid mistakes, or things out of your control.
Beware
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 23, 2018
they’re in Jersey city. But the hours that they offer part timers are 3hours a week. Only with adidas and no other company. The pay is $18 an hour but your checks are 52 bucks
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Terrible hours for part time
Good Merchandising Start
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 19, 2018
If you have retail experience and is a fast merchandiser this is a great gig. Be prepared to learn on your own and be a self-starter. You must know technology to access your reports.
Pros
Laid back, quick money, and learn new things about the retail industry.
Cons
Projects are contract based, training, and technology
Extremely flexible
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 7, 2018
This is a good job when you need an extremely flexible source of income. Just beware that you will have to pay in a lot when tax season comes back. I didn't realize that.
good opportunities to work with big popular companies
Merchandise Coordinator, Adidas Golf (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 31, 2018
the experience at this job has been good but the management and support staff are not very helpful. You are very much on your own to do all the work and learn all the job information.
Pros
free clothes
Cons
small pay and few hours
Poor training
Junior Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYJanuary 10, 2018
One day with a real person and I'd have been set...but that wasn't allowed...

SO frustrating! The work was easy- it's the technology that you need to figure out.
Pros
fun work!
Cons
NO training!
Great People to work with
RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 4, 2018
Creative firm with different types of projects that i worked on weekly. The company specializes in creative projects in the Fashion industry in the areas of design by visual merchandising bringing brands to life
Pros
work at home part of the week
Extremely flexible schedule.
Merchandise Coordinator and Brand Stylist (Current Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 21, 2017
Depending on your location you can have a fulltime schedule with Winston but most of the time the average area will offer anywhere from 8 - 52 hours a week.
If you can be flexible to scheduling and willing to travel it will allow for a potential for more hours and more opportunity.
I am in school fulltime online and I am able to focus on my classes all while working.
Company has some work to do.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 21, 2017
The description of the position was very accurate. However, you are given new assignments without any notice and are expected to take them. You have to commit to visit times almost more then a month ahead of time. The website to reschedule visits and invoicing is not user friendly. Every question or concern you have takes days even weeks to be answered and sometimes you have to send emails or call multiple times. While you are expected to respond and check commications every day, all day. The training is very general and not useful in anyway.
Pros
Flexible hours, Decent pay, Relaxed dress code
Cons
Lack of commication and support, Not many opportunities in my area, Full time not avaliable, No benefits
Interesting Job with few perks.
Junior Visual Merchandising Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXDecember 10, 2017
Living in a small town I do not make a ton of money, but when I travel I am well compensated. They pay for the hotel and reimburse for food & mileage & tolls. Management team is amazing. You make your own schedule, accept or decline visits.
Pros
management, making your own schedule
Cons
inconsistent pay/jobs
Hiring Manager/Recruiter
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 25, 2017
Found this company to be unprofessional. After phone interview , several emails and offer, I declined taking a specific location as it was a distance from my home, it would have required a great deal of gas and tolls for several weeks without a paycheck as the co only pays out 2x a month. I was interested in 1 location local but was penalized for not taking the other 2 (All different accounts). basically told Good Luck!
After 29 years in the retail management industry I choose not to be a part of unprofessionalism.
You are a recruiter, you don't rule the world. People need to do what is best for them . A college degree does not give you the right to make decisions for another person. Millennials of the world today have a lot to learn about building relationships.
Pros
Rate/Compinsation
Cons
Shady and Unprofessional
Reality Different from Job Description
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 2, 2017
Merchandisers are treated like employees rather than independent contractors, but without any of the benefits and protections. You are pressured to accept new assignments and led to believe you have no option to decline. You are expected to commit to some visits as much six weeks in advance. Once on your calendar it is time consuming and difficult to make necessary changes to scheduled visits. Depending on the vendor and the retailer, there are times when you are expected to work weekends and holidays. Every question or concern has to make its way up several steps on the chain of command and back down before you receive an answer. While merchadisers are expected to respond to communications on a 24/7 time basis, supervisors make it abundantly clear that you should not bother them evenings or weekends.
Pros
Decent pay for a merchandising position. Most work is for high quality retailers.
Cons
Management obviously doesn't distinguish between an employee position and an independent contractor.
Excellent company, providing solutions/marketing for various clients.
Selling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 24, 2017
Independently contracted through company as selling specialist. Company provided quality skills and learning opportunities to advance and excel to increase hours worked and extension of contracts.
Good for independent workers with experience.
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2017
Great position for people that can work independently and have the necessary experience. Very flexible and the pay is good for what is expected of you .
Pros
Flexible schedule, different brands you can work with
Cons
Hours are not stable
Flexibility at its best
Merchandising Coordinator and Selling Support (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2017
This job is great for people who would like to have the flexibility to control you schedule. Simple job where you call stores and speak with management to schedule your merchandising or selling visit. Set your date on your calendar, perform your visit, take photos, complete your report and submit.
Pros
Extremely flexible schedule, new location every day
Cons
Not enough hours between brands, management doesn't promote advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winston Retail. Our community is ready to answer.