3 to 4 days
I walked into the HR trailer and started filling out an application and a guy named Wes started asking me questions about what i was applying for, what experience i had, what shift and pay i needed. Very cool guy by the way! He told me that he would keep my application handy and for me to come back when i was ready. I came back 5 days later to sign papers to take a urine test at the urgent care up the road. Free of charge i went straight there and took my test. That was on a Tuesday, waited till that Friday to call at 4, had to leave a message asking for my test results, Wes called me back just before 6pm asking when i could come in for orientation! I went in at 2pm the next day, watched safety video, walked to plant, waited for 20 minutes in main lobby because the supervisor Stephany was in a meeting. Then she took us all to one of the supervisor's offices, told us all the rules and regulations of the plant, got us suited up to walk the floor of the plant, showed us all where we would be working, then got straight to work in "packing". They needed alot of hands to get products packed and shipped, so most of us stayed there, got shown what to, and got to work! In the office beforehand, we were all given time cards to write our names on because we were going to be workin that night, and because we all didnt have keycards made for us yet.
I was put on a small 4 person assembly line, taking cartons of eggsalad from a guy portioning it out. I had to weigh them out on a scale to be 6 or 6.5oz, pass them over one by one an a small conveyor belt, labled, then boxed. I did that for about two hours, got a 15min break to go outside and smoke in their designated area(pavillion across the parking lot), came back to doing something else similar till lunch for 30 minutes. I came back from break to finish the rest of what i was doing earlier, did that for about 3 more hours, took another 15min break. When i came back we were told we had to finish what we were doing and to try to be a little faster. It wasnt hard work, just repititious! After all the work was finished it was just about 2am. They said i could finally go home and to come back Monday at 2pm to do it all over again.
1 week, they rushed me through the process.
- How do you feel about going to work each day at Winter Gardens Quality Foods?4 people answered
- How did you feel about telling people you worked at Winter Gardens Quality Foods?3 people answered
- What benefits does Winter Gardens Quality Foods offer?3 people answered
- How are the working hours at Winter Gardens Quality Foods?2 people answered
- How do you feel about the future of Winter Gardens Quality Foods?2 people answered
- What advice would you give the CEO of Winter Gardens Quality Foods about how to improve it?2 people answered
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make Winter Gardens Quality Foods a better place to work…One person answered
- How cold is it in there and whats the dress code?One person answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at Winter Gardens Quality Foods?One person answered
- What type of drug screening do they give?