Wintergreen Resort Employee Reviews

The melting pot for different cultures across the globe!
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Wintergreen Resort, VAFebruary 16, 2019
Amazing and phenomenal environment for professional growth, opportunities to interact with different types of people from different walks of life and classifications to which can help you mold personally and professionally. They also provide Seminars and other activities that will be applicable on your Career.
Pros
Discounts on Foods, Free access to mostly (slected) facilities and activities
Cons
Doesn’t absord competitive and qualified J-1 Visa Holders at the end of Contract
too confused
Desk (Former Employee) –  Wintergreen Resort, VAFebruary 15, 2019
a year round resort that relies to heavily on ski and snow followed by meetings and weddings and then golf
resturants hours are inconsistannt shops now run by resort
Pros
eh
Cons
upper management
Poor management and even worse pay
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Wintergreen, VANovember 13, 2018
The only benefit to working here was free skiing. Don't come here if you are looking to start your career. Leadership has been in their same position for decades with the biggest fear of change.
Pros
nothing.
Cons
everything.
The resort was a second home, and it
Golf Intern (Former Employee) –  Nellysford, VANovember 12, 2018
The resort was a great place to stay at, and there were beautiful views around the resort and spots to look out over the mountains. It was a relaxing experience and there were many activities to do while being around the resort. Working was fun, the culture was awesome and diverse. It was hard at first to adjust to things, but it was fun to get to know the employees and staff.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise and free golf
Cons
Driving around the resort was difficult
buen ambiente laboral
Lift operator (Former Employee) –  City of Virginia Beach, VANovember 2, 2018
Se conoce mucha gente. Es un gran lugar para realiuzar un work&travel
They are a good place to start working but not as a career. They are underemployed and that makes it stressful on the people that are working there.
Salad Bar/dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Nellysford, VASeptember 26, 2018
Typical day at work would be slow and boring until about lunch time. When I first started I knew nothing about the food industry or restaurants. After a little while I learned how to manage my time and how to work the different machines there. My manager was a very generous and nice person. He would always try to give me hours and he was enjoyable to work with. The house managers were always nice to me also. Hardest part of the job was when it was really busy and everyone was stressed. I enjoyed working with the people there and getting a order done quickly and efficiently.
Pros
free lunches, smoke breaks, discounted meals off the clock
Cons
pay, underemployment
Very beautiful atmosphere.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Wintergreen, VASeptember 17, 2018
This is a Winter Resort and I worked in the Hospitality Department. I answered phones, typed daily reports to various managers,.took inventory of items that the guests of the resort would use. I dealt with various vendors on the phone to ensure we were fully stacked with iinventory.
Good for a young person
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Wintergreen Resort, VASeptember 14, 2018
No place for advancement, the management does not know how to run a crew of workers, they hire whoever is willing to work because the management cannot keep anyone there because of poor management
Very productive place to work. Fun yet rewarding.
Head Mechanic (Former Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 11, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Wintergreen. Great place an great crew of people to work for. I was lucky enough to enjoy every aspect of Wintergreen. From making snow to grooming snow.
Pros
Good atmosphere, fun, enjoyable, stressful, great place, knowledgeable people
Cons
No cons. All was great.
Just Great
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Wintergreen Resort, VAJuly 24, 2018
Professional with great management. Many opportunities to learn how to be better server staff and managers are willing to share their knowledge. Great tips to compensate your efforts.
Sales Dept
Sales Agent/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Roseland, VAJuly 1, 2018
I can only speak for the department I work in. Direct supervisors/management are one of the main reasons I stay. Very understanding, kind and treat their staff with respect. Flexible with personal time needed off and always willing to help when possible if needing additional hours. Executive management I can’t speak for. A lot of changes being made that my direct boss has no control of but decisions being made seem to be causing loss of long time staff members.
Pros
Work from home. Flexible schedule
Cons
Very little face to face interaction
Horrible place to work
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Stuarts Draft, VAMay 24, 2018
Wintergreen sucks horrible bosses no management or supervision durring shifts lack at pay managers are rude i would not recommend ever working at this resort
Great place
Snowsports Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wintergreen Resort, VAMay 16, 2018
Was super fun working at Wintergreen. Super relaxed community that had plenty of fun. Would do it again if I had the chance. You’ll love your time there if you choose to work there
Pros
lots of fun
Cons
mediocre pay
Meet interesting people .. most staff form great bonds
Retail (Former Employee) –  Wintergreen, VAApril 24, 2018
Some of the management that have been employed there a long time can block you from returning for employment out of personal reasons instead of professional reasons... treat some employees with little respect while favoring others. NO lunch or breaks allowed was given to retail staff and it was highly frowned upon for even asking upper management for it. Benefits are okay, little chance of advancement. High turnover in local staff. Need to compensate employees better
Pros
Decent discount on food
Cons
No timeoff allowed during seasonal times, long time upper management makes decisions based on personal feelings
Ótima empresa para se trabalhar
Atendente (Former Employee) –  Estados Unidos da AméricaMarch 22, 2018
Ótimo lugar para se aprender a lidar com público, para exercer trabalho em grupo, agilidade, praticidade e competência.
Pros
Aprendizados diários
Cons
Baixo salário
Good starter job for someone in their early twenties
1st Assistant Golf Professional (Former Employee) –  Nellysford, VAMarch 16, 2018
Long hours. Good contacts for future employment. Needs to be more family oriented with younger kids. Location is tough to commute to. Upside down Ski Resort is problematic during inclement weather.
Amazing
Ticket sales (Current Employee) –  Nellysford, VAMarch 2, 2018
Throughout my life of working numerous jobs at Wintergreen you learn a lot of things and meet a lot of new people. Not everyday is the same. You will have a blast and management is amazing.
Ticket sales (Former Employee) –  Nellysford, VAMarch 2, 2018
Wintergreen never had any day the same. You will have busy days and slow days but overall everyday is a good day because you learn to make the best of every day.
Old school
Special Events Manager (Former Employee) –  Wintergreen Resort, VAFebruary 20, 2018
When I worked there the management was very hands on, lived and worked locally, invested themselves into the resort and the work and actually cared. Shortly after I left new outside management took over and destroyed the environment for guests, home owners and employees.
A nice job cut short by bad management
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Nellysford, VAJanuary 21, 2018
During my time as kitchen staff I genuinely enjoyed the atmosphere and work environment. I was taught new skills and felt like I was part of a functioning team. However, when I expressed my intention to return to school at the end of the season my relationship with management became strained until I put in my two weeks.
Pros
Free lunch/Dinner
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wintergreen Resort. Our community is ready to answer.