Wintrust Financial Corporation Employee Reviews

Fun but lack of raise and management
Teller (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2018
I was expecting to get raised about 10% of what I make now but I only got 2.5% raise which in reality won’t help me at all.
Bonus they tax
Management could be a tad better
Wintrust does not care about employees
UBR (Former Employee) –  Town BankNovember 17, 2018
All Wintrust cares about is that you are shoving products down customers throat that don't want them. Even if you make all your sales goals it is still never good enough. They have gotten rid of several employees for no reason what so ever. I have also noticed they make up reasons to write you up that does not make sense. I was worried about job security myself, seeing all this done to co-workers around me. I just learned to shut my mouth and do what they say knowing that someday even that would not be good enough to keep my job. They give the bare minimum for yearly raise. I have hit every sales goal for the 3 years I had worked there at the time, only to hear that I cannot negotiate my raise during the annual review. Raises are already decided. Then what is the point to have a review and sell your self on your progress? I did end up leaving due to bad management and the very poor dynamics of the company and I never looked back.
Pros
401k, paid time off
Cons
Everything Else
Good Place
Training Special (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILOctober 3, 2018
Great place to work, lots of opportunity to develop. Like all companies, there are less desirable aspects. I fully believe that if the corporate office was not located in Rosemont that this would be one of the best companies in the Chicagoland area to work!
Restructure
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILAugust 6, 2018
I was recently let go to a restructure that Wintrust is doing within their IT area. I was responsible for the storage and backups of the company on an enterprise basis.
Pros
Most of the people were great to work with
Cons
Senior management never let the managers really know what they were doing, and would only act on things when things went South.
driven, competitive, opinions not considered
Vice President Talent Management (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILApril 25, 2018
change occurs frequently , customer driven culture has changed. company evolving into big brother, community banking is lost, which is in direct conflict with the message from the owner.
Don't Believe the Hype
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILApril 17, 2018
Wintrust is a marketing machine that doesn't care about its employees. You will never advance no matter how hard you work, or how much you achieve. They keep you in the same position indefinitely, because it benefits them.
Wintrust
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILApril 15, 2018
This was a good company to work for and has a lot of potential for growth. The only problem was that it is located in Rosemont which is a long commute from chicago
Corporate atmosphere
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILMarch 22, 2018
The work day is dependent upon the department. Some departments are flexible and others are rigid. Some managers are easy to work with. Fridays are casual and there is a monthly lunch provided to all corporate employees.
Pros
Good people to work with, monthly lunches, good benefits
Cons
Ineffective management in some departments.
Great vision and teammates!
Marketing Employee (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILFebruary 22, 2018
At Wintrust I managed digital financial eCommerce programs for all Wintrust Financial Corporation companies and affiliates covering a wide range of marketing and digital strategies - web, mobile, applications, email, social media, print. Very challenging and rewarding.
Pros
Nice work environment. Great people.
Cons
Worst manager of my career so far.
Awesome
Teller (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 5, 2018
Great place to work. As a teller it's a comfortable non pressure sales position. Something you don't see at other financial institutions. In small towns it's a awesome personal work environment. They offer great benefits. May have room to advance.
Pros
Benifits, no quotas
many many functions
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILDecember 8, 2017
Wintrust is a good company. It has grown and evolved and I'm confident it will continue. The sales side of the house is done more consultative which I totally agree with. Incentive programs and bonuses are inconsistent this is a charter decision...this needs to be standardized across the enterprise. Also in any of the roles I've had at Wintrust I am seldom staffed adequately.

These may sound like mostly complaints but look deeper. This company is a company still evolving, learning, and has the growing pains to show it.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Pains from a growing company
Why Am I being asked to do this
Staff Auditor (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILDecember 5, 2017
The Manager was very difficult to work with. I was placed in a separate suite away from all the other Auditors. Upon hire, I was told we are 6 months behind on audits.

When I came in for help on how to perform an audit, other Auditors or Managers would tell me to: "Look how they have done it last year and follow along".
an OK place to work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILNovember 5, 2017
Work/family life balance is great. The pay is below industry standard. The culture is as such - it doesn't matter what time you start in the morning, as long as your in your seat past 5:00 pm.
Pros
Free lunch once a month
Cons
Underpaid
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  WIOctober 5, 2017
Wintrust truly is wonderful! They really care about their employees! They give paid leave for mothers! Which is HUGE!!! Great paid time off and a fair amount of sick time!! I feel like if i had the opportunity to do what i do best i would have stayed but unfortunately it was not offered in the area i was located!
Pros
Benefits!
Cons
Poor management, no room to grow
Growing Company
Dispositions Analyst - Managed Assets Division (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILAugust 17, 2017
Growing company with lots of room for internal growth. Continually expanding with new roles opening up in every department. Great benefits as well as free lunches each month.
Standard office environment.
Branch Services Team Member (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILAugust 17, 2017
Wintrust is a great company with many opportunities for growth. Their training is lack luster, but if you are motivated, you can make a name for yourself.
Hard to teach an old dog...
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILAugust 10, 2017
Unchangable culture- can at times be tedious trying to change people. Good benefits, CEO is good, and stockholders are happy. Just don't come here trying to set fires
Ok
Accounts Payable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILAugust 2, 2017
Employees are fun to work management is poor and very political environment.

Advancement is solely based on politics and there is very bad communication among departments and employees.
Benefits
Cons
Good organization yet i worked for a horrible dept.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2017
Was interviewed for a certain role and responsibilities yet job awkwardly turned opposite from what was discussed in interview as far as wants and needs from the employer side. Opinions and thoughts were welcomed yet there was resistance when given. I will never work for a bank again.
Employee Opinion
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILMay 24, 2017
Company is continuing to grow so there are plenty of opportunities for work and industry growth. Work/Life balance is adequate. Compensation is adequate (little opportunity for pay increase/promotions).
Pros
Monthly luncheons. Management is flexible with schedule.
Cons
Little opportunity for growth. No ability to work from home/remotely.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wintrust Financial Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Wintrust Financial Corporation Reviews by Location